Bargain buys thread

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Kinda wish i didnt see that, great price for the brakes!! Just ordered some cable discs for my winter hardtail (bb7’s) cos ive finally given up on the vbrakes... would have bought these in a heartbeat if id see that price! Just need a ripper deal on a 26” wheelset QR front and rear, 6bolt disc hubs?

Unbeknownst to me, the Rocky came with metal icetechs. Ok yes now i would say i do like metal pads probably better but going through the icetech rotors before the set of metal pads ran out = back to resin pads for me!

Travis

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Really? Damn icetech rotors must be made of cheese. On my 3rd sintered pads with dodgy cheapo shimano deore disks.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Kinda wish i didnt see that, great price for the brakes!! Just ordered some cable discs for my winter hardtail (bb7’s) cos ive finally given up on the vbrakes... would have bought these in a heartbeat if id see that price! Just need a ripper deal on a 26” wheelset QR front and rear, 6bolt disc hubs?

Unbeknownst to me, the Rocky came with metal icetechs. Ok yes now i would say i do like metal pads probably better but going through the icetech rotors before the set of metal pads ran out = back to resin pads for me!

Travis
Icetech rotors are just rubbish. They aren't actually floated which means that they warp easily and as you've discovered they wear very quickly. Taiwanese floating rotors will be much better like the Uberbike or Discobrake ones, or the Hope ones which are even better again.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Icetech rotors are just rubbish. They aren't actually floated which means that they warp easily and as you've discovered they wear very quickly. Taiwanese floating rotors will be much better like the Uberbike or Discobrake ones, or the Hope ones which are even better again.
+1 for

Well priced and good quality

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just go down the Shimano rotor food chain a bit lower and get the non Icetech variety. The RT66 should be fine and none of this Icetech steel & alloy sandwich that I''l go out on a limb and guess that they must warp as they expand/contract at different rates.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Disagree with your comment on icetech rotors being shit. I have flogged multiple sets of different diameters and have had zero issues as have the people I ride with.
But....maybe you are just uber fast and need Carbotech floating (or floated) rotors with ceramic pads and reverse thrust.
Or you are not so fast and have glazed a set of resin pads from braking too much, which has required masses of lever pressure creating a volcanic like heat on the rotor which has in turn mullered it?? No rotor stands a chance if that's the case...

moorey

call me Mia
You don't get to the podium with brakes.

I can out brake you any day of the week provided I'm even going fast enough to begin :)
Bitch, please. I literally don’t go fast enough to require braking.
I was one of the few o45’s that has had more than a cursory glance at the track.
#fishinabarrel

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Bitch, please. I literally don’t go fast enough to require braking.
I was one of the few o45’s that has had more than a cursory glance at the track.
#fishinabarrel
Pffft, you are a humble podium winner if I ever saw one.

Now, back to Mr Sheening those trophies, o' unbraking one :)