Bargain buys thread

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I love we justify it as a "bargain" build. Imagine what you'd save if you didn't build it!
This is how I've justified it.

It will save me in the long run if I take this out into the winter slop instead of my trail bike, sure there'll be ongoing maintenance with this but I had all the parts sitting in the garage collecting dust and the frame cost me less than the price of a cassette replacement on the dually. Only other things I need to buy are a BB, new cinch chainring and maybe a bashie/chain guard.

And more importantly, 'cause bikes

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
This is how I've justified it.

It will save me in the long run if I take this out into the winter slop instead of my trail bike, sure there'll be ongoing maintenance with this but I had all the parts sitting in the garage collecting dust and the frame cost me less than the price of a cassette replacement on the dually. Only other things I need to buy are a BB, new cinch chainring and maybe a bashie/chain guard.

And more importantly, 'cause bikes
Dude, why are you justifying it to me? We're not married. ;) Besides you had me at " 'cause".

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Dude, why are you justifying it to me? We're not married. ;) Besides you had me at " 'cause".
Justifying it to myself again more than anything because that website was tempting me for days and none of the other cheapskates looked like they were going to buy it...

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i have just realised the PP shan GT i still avail in 29er -i can use it to switch out my norco torrent HT frame, the shan has a steeper seat tube angle which im a fan of [tall legs & short reach]

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pushys stood by their earlier comment about having to pay for the axle for my PP order. Which is a shame really, but not the end of the world.

Looking forward to building this beast up!