Bargain buys thread

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Mine just got here and they look pretty good. Not the biggest lugs but hopefully will be good for around Canberra

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

What the hell. Ordered 2 crowns and a gem..
Edit-- I might rue this decision yet. I read a few reviews and they read well, but I glossed over the fact that the tyres tested had a TPI of 120 and these are 185. I hope they don't get destroyed by the rocks here....

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
What the hell. Ordered 2 crowns and a gem..
Edit-- I might rue this decision yet. I read a few reviews and they read well, but I glossed over the fact that the tyres tested had a TPI of 120 and these are 185. I hope they don't get destroyed by the rocks here....
Hmm not sure about yours I got Crown gem 27.5 x 3 120tpi maybe yours are a different model. Anyway for $30 they can't be to bad, if I payed full price ($109) I might be a bit less happy.

DMan

Hmm not sure about yours I got Crown gem 27.5 x 3 120tpi maybe yours are a different model. Anyway for $30 they can't be to bad, if I payed full price ($109) I might be a bit less happy.

I got the 2.3 width tyres that they list as 185tpi. We'll see. They are an awesome price but that won't help me if I slash a sidewall 30km from home....

Ideate

I picked up my 2.8 Vee rubbers today. What a bargain! I ordered another 3 in the car before I left the post office.

Thanks skyfox06!

Ideate

Didn't like them?
I'm not 100% sure but I think he's trying to sell me some tyres I donated to Moore.org.au last time I saw him. They were from the time when you could get express DHL from crc for the price of a relatively cheap wirebead.

DMan

I'm not 100% sure but I think he's trying to sell me some tyres I donated to Moore.org.au last time I saw him. They were from the time when you could get express DHL from crc for the price of a relatively cheap wirebead.
Well you came back for more so we'll see how they go. The 185TPI still makes me nervous with the terrain we have here..

Ideate

Well you came back for more so we'll see how they go. The 185TPI still makes me nervous with the terrain we have here..
Nah these $29 jobs are WAY better and they're plus size so I'll just be using them to do burnouts on my ebike.

moorey

call me Mia
Nailed it! I'll still give you a good price though.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
If you can deal with the colour, the Source bags are decent packs. Mine is still going after a few years for both cycling and trail running.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I bought two of the source packs for my kids and they are stupidly good for the price Pushys are doing. Really good quality. Only issue with the pack is that it's only got one small storage pocket. It's basically just the water bladder in a slim fabric pack. Might squeeze a multi tool and a mueslie bar in there but that's about it.