Bargain buys thread

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Unfortunately I have almost as much experience with warranty as I do insurance. Cyclinic were very good when I had a problem arising from their work, but they never really solved the problem and we both just gave up. Recent service by a local business identified and solved the issue. No idea how they would handle a product related issue.

CRC (and a lot of other overseas retailers) generally resolve my warranty related issues within a week.

I recently had a snowboard destroy itself only a few weeks into the season. That warranty claim started in January wasn't resolved until May. Sure I don't need a powder board anytime soon, but I would have liked to have it resolved within the season. That was a large Australian retailer. To the fault of the brand - they are global and should have been able to offer a replacement or similar via a retailer in Japan within a few days. Global brands need global solutions.
Hey speaking of this. Any recommendations for good US snow retailers?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hey speaking of this. Any recommendations for good US snow retailers?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Evo and back country.

But I don't use the USA much anymore. Between the aggressive geo-blocking, poor dollar, and $$$$ postage I'm finding good enough or better deals locally or through UK retailers like absolute snow.

Irck

Likes Bikes

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Weirdly, the discount is a lot less when you change the country/currency. 75% off in the UK but only 45% off for Australia.
Yeah shafted again, that's why I posted in pounds and said about the mothership. It's only available at that price in the UK.
So either post it to someone in the UK or a shipping company.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Last edited:

cammas

Seamstress
Was looking at some of the other frames that I don’t need :rolleyes: but the questions on this made me laugh.

cammas

Seamstress
if anyone is after cheap 12 speed cassettes for XD driver, cycling deal has them or you can them off their eBay store same price too.

they only have silver left and even though the add says does not suit XD can confirm it does.

Reactions: PJO

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Another Stanton sale:

Getting a bit tempting to switch all the HD4 parts over to a Slackline frame....
The frame price at $795 looks ok, but $547 dollars for shipping isn't much of a bargain :(
Plus getting violated by customs for GST and import duties etc because it's going to be $1342 ($795 +$547) + another $200-$300 approx

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Another Stanton sale:

Getting a bit tempting to switch all the HD4 parts over to a Slackline frame....

I clicked on that and received a lot of pop ups. Sign up for this, we see you're in Australia, and...join the tribe. I know yeti got hammered pretty hard for that term and I think they ditched it. Why would anyone want to recycle a yeti idea?

PJO

in me vL comy
The frame price at $795 looks ok, but $547 dollars for shipping isn't much of a bargain :(
Plus getting violated by customs for GST and import duties etc because it's going to be $1342 ($795 +$547) + another $200-$300 approx
Import duties are calculated on the value of the product not including the shipping.
As was my experience buying direct from Pipedream five years ago. Total product came at under $1000 but was over $1200 with shipping.

slowmick

38-39"
http://instagr.am/p/Cu3pDjgOkMu/
1689753990258.png
1689754072906.png

40% to 50% off all Manitou forks!

40% off:
Markhor (29")
Machete (27.5+/29")
R7 Pro (27.5+/29")
Mezzer Expert (29")
Mezzer Pro (29")
Mastodon Pro (26"/27.5)

50% off:
Circus range (all models)
Markhor (26")
Machette (27.5")
Machete Junit (20")
R7 Expert (27.5")
R7 Pro (27.5")
Mastodon Comp (26"/27.5)
Mastodon LE camo' (26"/27.5)
Mezzer Expert (27.5")
Mezzer Pro (27.5")

Available from your local DW/Manitou Dealer!

teK--

Eats Squid
CRC have been selling various DT swiss wheelsets for crazy prices of late. Picked up some GR1600 gravel wheels for less than $500 (50% off).