beautiful bikes - post them here

xero

Supersports
Dont get all offended that i insulted your brand, im just saying from an aesthetic design and form point of view, that brodie is way off par.

Witha chainstay lifted from a Kona Stinky, pretty generic tapered tubing from the mainframe and a pretty conservative paint job, i dont think the brodie is presenting anything 'new' or all that good looking.

The GT's on the other hand are a seriously unique and innovative way of presenting a standard bike frame. That transition is clean, not necessarily beautiful.
No offence at all taken, but this is an objective topic, and personal opinion plays a pretty major role here.
GT excepted, the other frames I mentioned are nothing new as far as design or astetics.
My point was simply that if someone finds their own bike great and what they like, why should they have to defend their own preference to it being cut down in the manner you did.

anyways..... here is an interesting one for you.

-The working name of the bike has been the DB10 (drop bar 10 years, 10 total to be built)
-This is the ten year anniversary of the Tomac brand, and this limited edition bike to commemorate the occasion.
-Johnny raced in drops back in 1990 and 1991. He was racing pro on the road as well as in the dirt and was very comfortable racing with drops.
-Custom build with straight gauge chromoly tubes by Chris Herting and custom painted by Spectrum Powder Works

The Background Story by Joel Smith
Johnny raced his drop bar bike back in 1990, at the time when I was racing Expert-level cross country and I saw him race the bike at Mammoth. He was absolutely flooring it, screaming by people on the descents, and I was highly impressionable when it was my cycling hero. The day I got home, I pulled an old set of bend drop bars out of a trash can at the local bike shop, took the shifters and road levers off a bike that someone had abandoned in our college house basement, and converted my mountain bike. Since that day, I’ve always wanted to make another one, but do it the right way.

I knew that Zap had the original drop bar bike that Johnny raced. It was given to him by John Parker back in the day and it is Zap’s prized procession. Anyway, I talked to Zap and he shipped it to Chris and Chris took all of the measurements off of it. We really wanted it to be a modernized version of the old bike, so while we kept the basic geometry the same, we wanted to have improvements to make it rideable by today’s standards. The DP10 has disc brake tabs, 73mm bb and standard head tube for a threadless headset. The fork was actually custom painted by Spectrum to resemble the original Answer/Manitou fork that he was riding at that time. The fork is actually a R7. The bike has original Johnny T signature Cinelli bars that we bought brand new out of someone’s private stash in Germany. The only branding on the frame is the Johnny signature on the top tube. Tomac’s Clarke Dolton managed the project throughout the process.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Well, by your logic, every bike owner that views his bike as beautiful could wack it in here and it dilutes the point of the thread. Bring on the 'beautifu' STP's i say.

I happen to think my balfa looks pretty effing sexy, but not the type of bike this thread it attracting.

And yep, that DB10 is interesting.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
You'll let me pay you with rocks right? I have lots of rocks..........
Your heads full of rocks.
Still think this is the best looking BMW aesthetically.

Gotta love chrome. There was a cool black chrome(nickle)park bike done,but I can't find the link.
Edit,here it is:-
Also loved the Carbon Lobo
Balfa BB7
MC San an.

Last edited:

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
want hot dirty mtb?

has justin fox posted his specialized yet??

i realy like clean steel road/mtb/commuters... keep them coming, i think the first page had the best.

basicly as soon as you add rear suspension it looks bad:p

|Matt|

Banned
Thought I might be a bit self indulgent like a few other people and post my own...see what people think.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Please don't turn this into "post your ride".

Everyone thinks their baby is beautiful. Unfortunately, perception isn't reality in most cases.

Nice bike Matt.

Last edited: