Beep Test

Geordsta

Likes Dirt
Nobodys ever Finished it.
I'm pretty sure if you got to like 24 it would just be like impossible to do haha

Staunch

Eats Squid
Yeah, as I said when I do it in teams of 3, we all have to full on sprint, and we're still stuffed at the end, imagine having to do that after doing the previous 20....

Also when I went to an AFL camp a while ago one of the players who came to talk to us (Can't remember which one) said that when they do it they start on about 8 because it's to easy up-to then....
I'm not sure if that's what all clubs do, anyway I doubt it, but that's what he said....

Ozza

Eats Squid
Beep test is old technology. Half the schools dont run it accurately anyway!

Last edited:

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't think it's possible to finish the beep test? May be wrong - but i don't believe anyone has "officially" finished it, only the rumors which most of have been mentioned so far.

I get around 14 - 15, i love the beep test (yes i know, crazy!) it just pushes your limit physically and shows the fitter people from the pretenders.

sam705

Likes Dirt
Beep test is old technology. Half the schools dont run it accurtately anyway!
Not wrong.
Most do it at around 15 or so meters where as it should be at 20m.
As i mentioned earlier, there are many forms of the beep test around, some don't level up quick enough and vice versa, so comparing the result you got in your p.e class to the result a highly skilled athlete got, is not necessarily correct.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Beep test is old technology. Half the schools dont run it accurtately anyway!
So truee.. We ran our accurately.. And our National level athletics middle and long distance runners were reaching 14+ but coming shy of 16's.. Actually i think 16 may of been reached once..

My highest was 13 or 14.. so long ago, and i was running at state levels and once nationals..

Comparing results of a beep test is like comparing peas and carrots ;)

Unless you did it together at the same time, under the same conditions at the same place.

Also, not starting at scratch defeats the whole purpose of the beep test.

Jarrod592

Likes Dirt
i get like 8 in the beep test!!! but when it comes it riding i can ride from my house to the city pretty easily without killing myself(55km)

Ozza

Eats Squid
Yeah your correct Patto. I guess thats why were both studying to be physical educators :). The national AFL draft has some pretty strict guidelines to abide by during the testing phases of each athlete.

Tho-R

Likes Dirt
I find it hard to believe that Guinnes hasn't got it in their records (they probably do, but couldnt find it on their website)

This is the best i could find after a google search.

19/2 by Håkan Mild, who played football for IFK Gothenburg. He had been rumored to have completed the test (like many others too), though his result of 19/2 has been confirmed on Swedish radio.

Found here -->http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_and_who_hold_the_world_record_for_the_Beep_Test_shuttle_run

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
i was talking with my mates the other day and was wondering if any one (even pro athlites) ever actually finished the beep test? and what does the beep test go up to?
cheers Mad.Mackie
Talk to kirky,

i remember hearing him say he finished the track (when he was fit)

but that could of been on .5 distance

Not wrong.
Most do it at around 15 or so meters where as it should be at 20m.
As i mentioned earlier, there are many forms of the beep test around, some don't level up quick enough and vice versa, so comparing the result you got in your p.e class to the result a highly skilled athlete got, is not necessarily correct.
at my school (St Joes) we have to a full basketball court length ( Ring end to ring end of corse) is that approx 20m co i avareg (spelling? lol ) about 13

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im in grade 10 and i got 11 the best in our grade got 14/8 which i thought was pretty awesome because hes a national runner at 1500 meter but i heard chuck norris can finish it may be just a rumor but you no what hes capable of

classclown

Likes Dirt
at my school (St Joes) we have to a full basketball court length ( Ring end to ring end of corse) is that approx 20m co i avareg (spelling? lol ) about 13
dude you spelt it right in your first post! i reckon your trying to act cool, maybe a desperate cry out for attention. My thoughts lead towards a lonley childhood or possibly no friends at all to this day......cyber friends don't count.

back to topic some kid in my yr level back in 2006 got in the high 17s which no one thought was really that fancy, now seeing the information brought to my attention about the beep test im quite shocked and give him major probs.
My PB was like in the 12s, how i hated that test. Wouldn't mind getting in shape and giving it another go..... Rotor Burn beep test champ?

|Matt|

Banned
Do you guys mean full basketball court lengths, or sideline to sideline?

We did full lengths and we would always stop at 6.9 cos we thought it was funny (year 8 and 9, shut up). I remember the footy guys would flunk out around 12 or so.