Beep Test

bighitben

Likes Dirt
Like people have said, i doubt majority of the people in this thread claiming to get 14+ (or hearing/seeing people get that) have done the proper beep test, or have measured to 20m. Either that or.. well.. everyone on here is incredibly fit!

I did it at the beginning of this year and got 10.9 whilst sick, and i'd like to consider myself as pretty fit compared to a lot of people. Next time i do it i'd like to be getting atleast high 12s as i've been trying to increase my fitness throughout the year.

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My best was 15/1. That was last year (Grade 10). That was on a running camp and some other guys got up to 16/5.

J

JaRedy

My best was 15/1. That was last year (Grade 10). That was on a running camp and some other guys got up to 16/5.
Yeah well based on the last page's expalanation and the website with all the highest recorded scores, you can assume those scores you and your friends got are probably aint quite right.

I got a 13/1, and after reading all of this i'm starting to doubt it's correct, too.

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why can't we all just get along?

How does it change your life if somebody you don't know says they got 14 in a beep test?

Why must we always fight?

I'm going to make world peace :).

sampo1

Likes Dirt
beep

A boy in my year 8 class (school of about 1500) got 14.1 and is an absolute freak. Its not just fitness you have to be a good runner and being a lighter person would help to i guess. We measured out 20 m onn the oval. I got 10.2 and was stoked.

D/\M0

Likes Bikes
I've never quoted it to prove how awesome to the power of rad I am, so the folowing isn't really an issue, but in high school I got a high 14...

we did it across the basketball court..

I just looked how wide a court is (this thread prompted me to do so)....

15.2m.

God I'm good :rolleyes:

Unless you do it with someone at the same time, under controlled circumstances, you'd never be able to compare results.

shane_2Kona

Likes Dirt
I guess the surface you are running on would make a difference. I mean running on grass would be harder than doing the test running on concrete.

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
two years ago I managed a 14.8 at rep soccer. It was done over 20m, but then I broke some limbs and got fat. Ah, being fit those were the days.

hardinge915

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The record on base for us is in the 17's. Was a PTI who wasn't from here or based here, but was here on training exercise. Before 90% of you have a whinge, PTI's are employed to TRY and keep the ADF fit, although looking at some you wonder if it's working. He plays AFL on highly competative level aswell as track/field.

If you condition your body for running its possible, but not when your 15-16. He is in his mid/late 20's.

My personal best is a 12.1 and thats after getting pushed and pushed by said PTI.