Best T.V show ever!!!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Giggly girly moron? What show are you watching?
Whilst it's true that some of the blokes also say incredibly retarded things, the women on Newsroom make the housewife/secretary types in your average black and white '50's rom-com look like Rhodes Scholars! Sloan might not come out with quite as much ridiculous nervous gobshite as Mac or Maggie but she's still got the whole Sorkin habit of saying dumb things where matters of the heart are concerned and seemingly a need for a 'big strong man to make everything right for her.'

Still, I like it. Sorkin's chauvinistic writing might not be the most realistic or politically correct but it does give the show a bit of an old-school Hollywood feel.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
also just finished the first and only season of Firefly. bummed. i loved the Space Opera/Western thing!
That was such a good show. Hate to Fox forever for killing it.

Have you seen the Serenity movie?

Edit: Oh damn! I just realised the guy who plays Mr Universe in Serenity is Will's therapist in The Newsroom.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Whilst it's true that some of the blokes also say incredibly retarded things, the women on Newsroom make the housewife/secretary types in your average black and white '50's rom-com look like Rhodes Scholars! Sloan might not come out with quite as much ridiculous nervous gobshite as Mac or Maggie but she's still got the whole Sorkin habit of saying dumb things where matters of the heart are concerned and seemingly a need for a 'big strong man to make everything right for her.'

Still, I like it. Sorkin's chauvinistic writing might not be the most realistic or politically correct but it does give the show a bit of an old-school Hollywood feel.
I totally see your point re: Maggie and Mac. It's especially irritating from Mac, because you'd think she'd have somewhat outgrown that by now. Maggie, it's more understandable; she's still very young. But yeah, the whole high school romance thing in a supposedly professional environment does get a bit much at times.

I don't really see that so much from Sloan, though. She's just your typically socially awkward super-genius.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
That was such a good show. Hate to Fox forever for killing it.

Have you seen the Serenity movie?

Edit: Oh damn! I just realised the guy who plays Mr Universe in Serenity is Will's therapist in The Newsroom.
just ordered it from Evilbay :eyebrows: no point in going to the local Sanity store, i get a bit tired of yelling "what did you say? i can't hear you!" at the staff over their incessant crappy instore dance music.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Sanity is awful (apart from their 3 for $40 BluRay bins). I can't believe they're still in business.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
"Yo Mr White, why you must break so bad?"

This video contains a SPOILER for anyone who hasn't seen Season 5.
Breaking Your Enthusiasm
[video=youtube_share;0u0PpE8MCmU]http://youtu.be/0u0PpE8MCmU[/video]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA!

So simple but so funny.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
A Touch of Cloth.

It's the best cop show since 'Police Squad'

(and it owes a lot to it)

[video=youtube;15IRXKn9LSU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15IRXKn9LSU[/video]

Last edited:

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How good is the new series of Rake, love it.

The new series of Boardwalk Empire is every bit as good so far too.

By the way, touching cloth has a whole different meaning to me, it's usually quite embarassing and involves a different kind of filth.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
How good is the new series of Rake, love it.

The new series of Boardwalk Empire is every bit as good so far too.

By the way, touching cloth has a whole different meaning to me, it's usually quite embarassing and involves a different kind of filth.
Rake is brilliant. I think it's the first program in a long time where I 've actually cleared space in my schedule to watch as soon as it comes on (other than F1)

Also I think your interpretation of touching cloth and the TV show's writer Charlie Brooker's are one and the same. After all it does owe a great deal to Police Squad and The Naked Gun.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Dexter starts up again in a bit over a week! Given what happened in the last couple of minutes of season six, this could be the best season ever.