Bike wash $WTF

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
You guys wash your bikes?
Mine gets a misty hose with water about every 3-4 rides, washes the dust off. Maybe a chamois on the frame and forks while its wet.

I'll get a scrubbing brush under the tap to my rims/tyre walls when I have a wheel off for tyre change, sealant, brake pad replacement or bleed.

Cassettes and chainring, a scrubbing brush and hot water.

Never used a soap or bike-wash ever, or a power washer. My boys have won a few bottles of bike-wash over the years, still got them.

Though my bikes always look like they have been ridden, even when I think they are looking alright ;)

We had the NZ's U18 champ stay with us for 3 weeks a few years ago, that kid could have taught me a good lesson on how to actually clean a bike... and fucking ride one.

EDIT: Pic

He was hitting shit on a Trek Supercalibre with Maxxis Aspens that I have seen many enduro guys drop their head at.

YTEes01uX_2jpixVr-TfB9PJPpvgwsklhlxanDgiMww-2048x1536.jpg

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Mine gets a misty hose with water about every 3-4 rides, washes the dust off. Maybe a chamois on the frame and forks while its wet.

I'll get a scrubbing brush under the tap to my rims/tyre walls when I have a wheel off for tyre change, sealant, brake pad replacement or bleed.

Cassettes and chainring, a scrubbing brush and hot water.

Never used a soap or bike-wash ever, or a power washer. My boys have won a few bottles of bike-wash over the years, still got them.

Though my bikes always look like they have been ridden, even when I think they are looking alright ;)

We had the NZ's U18 champ stay with us for 3 weeks a few years ago, that kid could have taught me a good lesson on how to actually clean a bike... and fucking ride one.

EDIT: Pic

He was hitting shit on a Trek Supercalibre with Maxxis Aspens that I have seen many enduro guys drop their head at.

View attachment 407726
Nice. Still haven’t had the courage to hit that as get off line on the landing and won’t be pretty.

Back on topic need of these to clean the bike. The Scrubber gloves. Think you get similar on Ali for cheap as well.

1710241761321.jpeg

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I've got one of those nylex 2 litre hand pump spray bottles that I poked a small pinhole (or 2) in the pick-up hose near the top of the hose. Turns it into a basic foamer.

I've used CT superwash, morning fresh, hand soap, baby shampoo. Lots of different liquid cleaners. The superwash seems to be the best.

Spray the bike down, vent any residual pressure in the sprayer, put the sprayer away. Then go back and hose the bike off.

And that's pretty much as washed as my bikes get.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
No rain in Adelaide since 26th Jan :(
We got 1.8mm on our hill on Saturday arvo. Nowhere else. Clouds just coalesced out of nowhere and gave us a very welcome little dousing, then fucked off leaving us with 38° and 1 gazillion % humidity.

Plants loved it.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Suns out, 30degrees, Below average rainfall for March anyway... not sure what the problem is? Sounds like primo riding weather.
Smithfield is mostly closed because it's still waterlogged and some trails are also being worked in time for Crankworx.