BILT Inferno DH built up.

dhd

Downhill Direct
I'm sorry, from the pictures it just seemed wide.

Maybe its the frame design.

Looks amazing none-the-less.
I think it's the way the linkage and swingarm are in a near straight line, makes it look longer and lower than it actually is. I really like it too.....but I may be biased!

bhooper

Barfarker
Rode this bike at worlds, what can i say...... Amazing. (I was the one with my mate who had the rage bike)

bogada

Likes Dirt
Bilt's are lookin nice.

Agree with the Imperial wheelset being strong as hell.

What's a rage bike???

Last edited:

Benj

Likes Dirt
Price range is looking to be somewhere in the $2500-$3000 range depending on final spec and what it costs to get it here. Besides the obvious like rear shock, little things like the type of bearings and bolts used can change the price quite a bit.

Out of interest, what is the bearing spec? -It looks to have changed with the new linkage.
Bearing selection for suspension is an interesting challenge!

dhd

Downhill Direct
Can't quote what they are off the top of my head (I'm at work) but they are all Enduro Maxx bearings (radial deep groove). We were going to switch to angular contact bearings and run double rows for the main pivot, but the Enduros have proven quite good and very durable so far.... It's also lighter than running double rows of bearings!
The new linkage setup has bearings throughout where the old version had a bushing contact point which was causing some greif.
Present plans are to stiffen up the rear end with a brace and tidy up the rear of the push links so it looks a little less "industrial".
If that all works out it will be into production we go....

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
I think the "industrial" look was the part that I liked the most about the bike you had on display at the worlds. Their not a pretty bike, their tough

dhd

Downhill Direct
Out of interest, how will these be sold?

As in which bike shops;)
Any shop that wants to sell them. We have no allegiance with any shop or chain of shops and at this stage there is no plan for "exclusive" dealers. If we were selling a range of bikes or a certain shop wants to carry stock then maybe we can go down that path, but at the moment any shop will be able to get them!

Oh and don't worry they will still look tough. We like the way they look and don't want to stray far from where we are now.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what size rear axle will the frame accept? 12mm? maxle?

dhd

Downhill Direct
OK, A bit of an update as requested!

Basically we have just been riding them and testing the bikes for durability and looking for ways to improve the design. Chris Tucker has been a big help here with design of the new linkage which we debuted at the World's. The bike now rides a lot better and has a much more progressive feel in the suspension. We will be revising the linkage design before production to make it a little more progressive and tidy up some clearance issues, but basically plans are:

• Remove the upper adjustable shock mount and replace it with a a more traditional type. This was always going to happen. We wanted the adjustability for testing and prototyping purposes.
  • Tidy up the linkage/swingarm interface area.
  • Possibly move to a bent seat tube to slacken the seat angle and provide more clearance for linkage.
  • Look into options for colors and the possibility of Anodising or polishing the frames.
  • Ride more!
The frames have had a bit of a flogging in the hands of James Green, Dave McMillan Chris Tucker Ross Clark and myself. Max Hughes will also be riding one for the remainder of the National series and I thank all these guys for their help and valuable feedback which has been a huge help in this long and drawn out process! The plan is to get these into production early winter.

For those that haven't been over to the website the address is:
http://www.biltbike.com/
Not much info but a pretty cool slideshow of the guys ripping it up on their Bilts!

red_dog

Likes Dirt
I saw one at the Tassie National round just gone. It was a tidy looking bike and very quiet which is a credit to you.
Will you be running a diverse rear shock soon too?

dhd

Downhill Direct
Just ordered one to give it a run and see how it goes. The Diverse shock looks the business and they do make great stuff but as we've found before...The proof is in the riding!