Blatant profiteering in trading section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
This is like the Schwalbe tyre thing all over - He imports a shit load of tyres and then tries to sell them to people on here for a proft (Torpedo7 even sold them for less). I actually called him on it via PM and he fulfilled his character by just saying "I do what I want so fuck you".

Like everyone, I know that he is 'allowed' to do it but that doesnt matter - RB doesnt charge you anything to sell or buy items and there are a few gentlemens agreements in place to keep things running smoothly.

Bottom line is this muppet is offending a lot of people on here with his behaviour, Is that any different from the others who have been banned?

Do we really need individuals like that on here?
I wasn't aware of that. That's more than enough for me to pull his trading access.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK, here is a PM I once received from chopsticks. I had posted a couple of pics of my Intense in his precious yeti (alloy) thread.

It seems all of you are just a bunch of cockheads. How do you feel about that?

Just thought I'd throw this in here to show more of his true "character".
WOW hahaha!

Must remember to keep an eye out for this dickhead on the trails

jrewing

Eats Squid
His name to me is Chuntsticks.

He's a wanker that'll be out of the sport in time hopefully. i dont like his lack of morals

good thread.:heh:

ChopSticks

Banned
hi guys :wave:

just saw this thread after Johnny mentioned it. I've spoken to Johnny re: what I've done and I still stand by it. Dozer has removed my trading access.

i wont quote my entire reply, but he's my opinion on sale threads...

if someone wants an item so badly, why not exhaust all avenues? Reply to the thread, PM him… call him if you have his number… make an effort if you want it!
The guys that replied to the thread essentially said “ I’ll take YOUR item, but YOU can PM me if you want to sell it”.

I on the other hand go further…I’ll pm the seller (more direct) and if they don’t post up a phone number in the thread, I always stalk their previous sale threads, looking for a phone number. I work for the items unlike others. You might not agree with my methods, but I usually get the item, and at the end of the day the seller makes the call on who to sell to…. Not Me.

As for snapping up those cranks, again I contacted Nuttr via phone, arranged a time, drove 2 hours and paid cash. Everyone was happy (They were actually for my gf’s sister’s bike, but I then found a cheap set of XTR’s which I threw on, so the SLX’s became excess. Camo will know these XTR cranks, they were sold to my mate, but he got new cranks, so I bought them back off him for what I sold it to him for... $50)
You might see me as making a profit, but I’m only selling it for what its worth (didn’t want to add fuel to the fire, hence opted to pay ebay fees and list it up there). If you look at my sale history, I’ve had no issues with moving items quickly with reasonable prices on here... if you dont like the item/price... dont buy it. Simple!

You may only see me as the guy who flips items for a profit (make no mistake… I do). But I also ‘give back’ to the RB Community. Alot happens in PM's, I’ve helped out a few people on this forum in the last week alone with spare parts/help etc at no cost/post on me. I don’t just ‘take’ as I might come off as… I do give back to the RB community… and I dare say more so than many regulars/old members.

Flame away
:tape:

takai

Eats Squid

just saw this thread after Johnny mentioned it. I've spoken to Johnny re: what I've done and I still stand by it. Dozer has removed my trading access.

if someone wants an item so badly, why not exhaust all avenues? Reply to the thread, PM him… call him if you have his number… make an effort if you want it!
The guys that replied to the thread essentially said “ I’ll take YOUR item, but YOU can PM me if you want to sell it”.

I on the other hand go further…I’ll pm the seller (more direct) and if they don’t post up a phone number in the thread, I always stalk their previous sale threads, looking for a phone number. I work for the items unlike others. You might not agree with my methods, but I usually get the item, and at the end of the day the seller makes the call on who to sell to…. Not Me.

As for snapping up those cranks, again I contacted Nuttr via phone, arranged a time, drove 2 hours and paid cash. Everyone was happy (They were actually for my gf’s sister’s bike, but I then found a cheap set of XTR’s which I threw on, so the SLX’s became excess. Camo will know these XTR cranks, they were sold to my mate, but he got new cranks, so I bought them back off him for what I sold it to him for... $50)
You might see me as making a profit, but I’m only selling it for what its worth (didn’t want to add fuel to the fire, hence opted to pay ebay fees and list it up there). If you look at my sale history, I’ve had no issues with moving items quickly with reasonable prices on here... if you dont like the item/price... dont buy it. Simple!

You may only see me as the guy who flips items for a profit (make no mistake… I do). But I also ‘give back’ to the RB Community. Alot happens in PM's, I’ve helped out a few people on this forum in the last week alone with spare parts/help etc at no cost/post on me. I don’t just ‘take’ as I might come off as… I do give back to the RB community… and I dare say more so than many regulars/old members.

Flame away
Riiight, so my PMs to NUTTR weren't 'chasing hard enough.' What BS.

Also, since you are being so reticent:
ChopSticks said:
yehhh his ones, I bought them for a mate, but turns out he wants XTR more
let me get back to you tonight as I'll ask around my mates and see if anyones keen. the price i picked them up for was just a bargain. If no one wants them.. its its your for $50 posted
For a mate, for your GF's sister. Oh and 'if no one wants them', well thats pretty bloody clear. :ban:

Flow-Rider

Burner
I don't quite understand the RB selling system, if someone has posted on the sales thread first, that they will take the parts on sale for the listed price. One would think that they should have first option of buying them not the person that backdoors with the PM when he sees other burners wanting them. So in fact the way I'm seeing it is, the seller is partly responsible for the bad sale also.

Pastavore

Eats Squid

Flame away
Good on you for responding to the thread ChopSticks.

But as Takai said, that story sounds like bullshit. And is there a similar story for each other item you have flipped? A man can only have so many GF's sisters after all.

As I posted earlier in the thread, your contribution in giving back to the RB community needs to be recognised. While I have never been the beneficiary personally, there is a lot of evidence of this across multiple threads.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, it's one of those things. We would prefer people to act in good nature and for the better of the 'community' we have here but we also don't want to over-regulate the place. We also have to let people sell to whomever they wish to sell to. If some one does a PM that undermines a sale once in a blue moon, yeah, it sucks but sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad.

However if this kind of behaviour becomes the standard for some one then we have to do something about it - and it seems like Dozer did. I was in discussion with Chopsticks trying to use my powers of persuasion and reason to have him ease up on the "at all costs" attitude. However Dozer, who is a site admin whereas I'm only a site mod, has decided there was enough reason to act. I'm not going to disagree with him on that either as I believe Dozer's actions are completely reasonable and defensible given the context.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've spoken to Johnny re: what I've done and I still stand by it. Dozer has removed my trading access.
Like I said in my message, you're being unethical in the sense that this site offers a free trading area to trade with like minded people. The site itself isn't a business, it's a bloody generous offering from a group of people that that like to ride, hang out with mates and meet new rad dudes. What those folks don't want is a site that is untrustworthy and not what it appears on the surface. You've been called out for shonky shit far too often and regardless of your view on whether it is fair and feasible or not; most people have spoken up about it and we don't want the added drama of any trading issues.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
OK, here is a PM I once received from chopsticks. I had posted a couple of pics of my Intense in his precious yeti (alloy) thread.

It seems all of you are just a bunch of cockheads. How do you feel about that?

Just thought I'd throw this in here to show more of his true "character".
looks like I have some threads to post pics of bikes in...

ChopSticks

Banned
Good on you for responding to the thread ChopSticks.

But as Takai said, that story sounds like bullshit. And is there a similar story for each other item you have flipped? A man can only have so many GF's sisters after all.

As I posted earlier in the thread, your contribution in giving back to the RB community needs to be recognised. While I have never been the beneficiary personally, there is a lot of evidence of this across multiple threads.

apologies, should make it more clear.....

I bought the SLX cranks for the mate who bought my old XTR M970... they require a special tool, which IMO is a bitch to install/service. He ended up buying new cranks (XTR M980) so the SLX's became excess and so did the M970 XTR's. I've since purchased the XTR's back off him for the price I sold it to him for $50.... and now the SLX's are for sale.

I've explained myself to both Dozer and Johnny, and I respect their decision :)

moorey

call me Mia
apologies, should make it more clear.....

I bought the SLX cranks for the mate who bought my old XTR M970... they require a special tool, which IMO is a bitch to install/service. He ended up buying new cranks (XTR M980) so the SLX's became excess and so did the M970 XTR's. I've since purchased the XTR's back off him for the price I sold it to him for $50.... and now the SLX's are for sale.

I've explained myself to both Dozer and Johnny, and I respect their decision :)
what scares me, is that I think you've convinced yourself its true.
You could have offered them back to those you shafted for the same money....instead of hiding them on eBay at 230% increase (assuming you didn't screw original price down even further)

Status
Not open for further replies.