Blue Mountain Downhill Riders.

dhr_matt

Likes Dirt
I read somewhere that it was every dh track on the east side of the bm that got closed.
Chicken run is 100% closed unfortunately. I love that track and started fixing it up earlier this year but best to respect the council's decision to get their respect.

Hence why in the newspaper "no where for downhillers to ride" was mentioned a few times...

Stay tuned as the knapsack reserve will be given a make over very soon...

dhr_matt

Likes Dirt
so knapsack isnt closed? Never ridden that track, if its still open il have to check it out
i'm not 100% sure on that mate, I'll ask Kingy for you he'll know.

Just remember guys don't do ANY building on the knapsack track for now, as it seems all future changes / developments will need council approval first. It's all apart of the agreement in managing the land properly and so on.

Kingy

Likes Bikes
Knapsack "Stringline" Downhill track

Hey lads,

If you are living in the Blue Mountains and have not registered for http://www.BMORC.com then now is the time its easy to do and you can get lots of information from me and the other guys pulling this whole show together, so get registered on the site and then PM me with your questions and we will get this off the public forum, and keep our dialog amongst the stakeholders.

If you have a pressing question you want answered about the two tracks mentioned in this thread give me a call 0431170035 or 47395004

Cheers or bail me up at lithgow on Sat or Sun

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Hey guys, what is the go with lapstone? The other day I was riding in there and almost killed myself after landing really close to a pallet with nails sticking out the top of it in the middle of the track, wasn't too happy, turns out most of the track had been covered. Is it a legalised track, if so, is there anything we can do to prevent locals from doing this?
Also hit up tramways first time today, awesome fun until I noticed my new cracked rim

dhr_matt

Likes Dirt
As mentioned above mate, no dh tracks in the mountains are legal really... except for knapsack soon.

Lapstone had a sign there declaring it was closed at one stage, i wouldn't ride there some kids took over and did some strangely dangerous things... :eek:

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
its not legal, just no one has kicked up a fuss about it. Though, there's been alot of sabotage to stuff in the past. easiest just to do a clearing run first.. make sure everything is together, and the track is clear. I've noticed it alot on certain other tracks... but that's kinda granted.

dhr_matt
are you talking about nick atkins :p
Lappo is okay if you check it first.

dhr_matt

Likes Dirt
Sorry no idea who it was, but you're right no one has really kicked up a fuss about it to the council anyway. I helped build the original track back there in the day maybe 4 years ago now? it was such a nice trail for something different... then once all the destruction of certain things started and b lines everywhere the whole place turned into a rubbish tip! Seems to be the case for a lot of places these days.

The council did put a sign up though but I believe some people kept taking it down as they were not happy about it... Some days you'd get locals coming up to you saying how they really liked what we were doing, some were not and tore it down in front of us.

I haven't been there in a few years though now so not sure what the go is, best we stick to knapsack fellas! Read king's post above.

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I rode stringline today,
It'd be a great track with some work, and its pretty good as is. Only problem is the turnaround for shuttles, though im sure our friends in council will help us with that issue..

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Well thats why I asked cos i've never heard of anything council to do with the track? Plus it's not on the escarpment which I thought was the big issue, but i've been wrong before.

EDIT: how do i get to stringline by the way? where abouts is the entrance?

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The escarpment is one big argument for the residents and council, but just because its not there doesn't mean it's open slander. Tramways, like old bathurst and nichols pde, has been developed and developed, needlessly. That's what's annoying the locals :)

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Ahhh I've hit tramways before it's lost at least : )
But yeah how do I get to stringline? Might be tomorrows plan

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Guys one of the "Tests" for council is our ability to direct builders/riders away from "illegal" tracks to legal tracks ... similarly, one of Our requirements as builders is to limit unapproved trail building (B-lines and general trail proliferation).

It is early days yet and I think all reasonable stakeholders understand that approving one track (which doesn't have the best terrain or amenities) isn't going to change the culture overnight, however BMORC would like to encourage riders to show restraint in cutting new lines and riding tracks that residents (no matter how few) are complaining against (or bobby trapping).

Best to stay away from these tracks as its not worth the confrontation or an injury from a frig'n booby trap. Take care

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Ok so the run in to tramway gap, when you turn right theres the little step down and then into a left turning berm. That berm is now gone and someone cutting a new line straight through, goes for about 20 - 30 metres and stops, not finished. Now even though I'd love to have a new line for more fun stuff, is it worth heading up tomorrow and covering the tracks with logs etc?

NICK ATKINS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
tramways is defintaily getting worse. I have noticed ever since the wall ride got knocked down and some kids have built some bush shack out of all the wood and trees, i suspect they knocked the wall ride down for it. Wood has been spread across the entire area and the place looks a mess. There hasnt been attempts to block the track for some time although the nails in the wood is an old trick of who ever dose it, always check downramps as i have found planks under dirt with nails in the past. I have also noticed a few new younger riders about the place who probally feel the need for new tracks that they can attempt, i would probally block off any new tracks before they finish them and if you see them explain the problems they are causeing. To anyone who may still ride there take up a bag and pick up a little bit of rubbish to make the place more respectable to all the walkers and more importantly the council. oh and jamie how is raking the track strangely dangerous haa

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
I have noticed ever since the wall ride got knocked down and some kids have built some bush shack out of all the wood and trees, i suspect they knocked the wall ride down for it.
found out who knocked down the wall ride actually, tosser of a kid, wasn't for the shelter, he thought it was funny. Mate of mine was telling me how he was there watching him doing it cause they're mate telling me how funny it was, so yeah :(