Blue Mountains Psycho Night Rider's Thread

JP

Likes Dirt
Anyone up for next Monday and Tuesday? T bone is coming up and is ready for a beating. I'm thinking Narrowneck one day and Glenbrook the next. Let me know.

timjwhite

Likes Bikes
Anyone up for next Monday and Tuesday? T bone is coming up and is ready for a beating. I'm thinking Narrowneck one day and Glenbrook the next. Let me know.
I'd be up for a glenbrook after work Monday or Tues (ie about 6-6:30pm). Or Yarramundi, or anytime on Wed.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think at this time of year a pre-sunset ride of Narrowneck would be the way to go, rather than a morning one in the heat. Also get the nice sunset... so anytime someone wants to do that just mention it.

I think I will be in Sydney early next week so will be out for T-Bone punishments...

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Give me a buzz for both days, what say g-brook monday followed by narrow neck tuesday arvo/evening?
I think alex is right for both days, especially monday!

rockydog

Likes Dirt
Just remembered I'm taking the nippers camping tomorrow. Medlow must wait again.
Next week?...both Monday and Tuesday are good; keep me posted; I'll join yas.

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just remembered I'm taking the nippers camping tomorrow.
Next week?:rolleyes:
No worries... well I might do a Mt Hay slog instead if I can drag myself up in the morning.

On for next week... really want to do the exploration of those areas.

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
O.K. Jeff, i'm taking my wheels in after next week(wednesday), i will take my shifter off and we will run it on your bike to be 100% certain!
I will get some new cables anyhow!
Hold off with the shifter mate I may have it sorted, need to do a proper thrash on trail to test but so far riding out the front of my house it seems to be working normally.
Replaced two pieces of outer cable housing with a couple that a mate from work donated as my offcuts are too short and voila instantly much better, can only hope it's that simple :rolleyes:.

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
Give me a buzz for both days, what say g-brook monday followed by narrow neck tuesday arvo/evening?
I think alex is right for both days, especially monday!
I should be good for those days if the bike is, lets tenderize some T-Bone and eat it for lunch with JP then.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Started training for the 24hr... doing the ride down the hill and then back up, down then up etc etc... boring but want to improve the hill climbing fitness.

I also figure before I make the bike lighter I should lose weight round the gut... so eating better too.

We're looking at Newnes Forest tuesday night is anyone is keen
What is it like? I know nothing about?

Toxic

Likes Dirt
So is anyone riding Saturday night? For a thread about night riding, only Flynny seems to be doing any.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So is anyone riding Saturday night? For a thread about night riding, only Flynny seems to be doing any.
You got a ride to suggest? I could go a night ride.

It has been suggested the title of this thread should be modified as so any suggestions are more than welcome.

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
Started training for the 24hr... doing the ride down the hill and then back up, down then up etc etc... boring but want to improve the hill climbing fitness.

I also figure before I make the bike lighter I should lose weight round the gut... so eating better too.

What is it like? I know nothing about?
Ride Ingar back and forth repeatedly to the creek :eek: that should get your mental health in shape as well as your climbing durability, of course I'm joking Mark, no one could tolerate that for long but imagine if you could, that's getting to Gordo mentality territory :D.

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
Yeah the title should be modified to reflect that it's a place for mountain riders and those that wish to join us in the mountains for rides in general, I for one don't "night ride" all that often as I don't really enjoy it as much as "day" riding.

Bermo

Cannon Fodder
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering when you guys refer to the 'Lawson' trails, do you guys mean the Volvo Trail / Posties Pass and the other 4 trails around there.

I usually ride these 3 times a week.

Cheers,
Bermo

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee mundee

yellow

s

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ride Ingar back and forth repeatedly to the creek :eek: that should get your mental health in shape as well as your climbing durability, of course I'm joking Mark, no one could tolerate that for long but imagine if you could, that's getting to Gordo mentality territory :D.
Yeah crazy idea... still says a lot about you that you even thought of it! :)

I think Todd said you used to ride up and down the hill on your street repeatedly.

I have some road hills in Leura that are a 90m climb so I will work on them... still crazy enough.

Suggestion? Lawson or Yellowmundee.
I think Lawson could be fun at night.. I might need a small break from the mundee as it has been an area of torture the last two rides. I also don't think I can justify another full night away with all the driving to the mundee.

Spanky seems like he could go either one as well.