Blue Mountains Psycho Night Rider's Thread

Toxic

Likes Dirt
that track is good, just hope we can get some sleep and improve our attitude to life... which at the moment is starting to suck arse... and we've set ourselves some kilometre goals for January.... gotta get that fitness back.
Much as it pains me to say it, buy a roadie and ride to UNSW. You KNOW it makes sense.

Otherwise, we can't start do 4-5 laps of the long course at Yellowmundee every Saturday night until we hate the place.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
buy a roh-dee???

what is this roh-dee you speak of????

nah, thats way too far mixing it up with traffic everyday for spanky (round trip >100km's) ... he'd be pork mince filling up some ones tyre tread within a few days of starting that...

however, he has asked about borrowing a roh-dee that's not being used... just for a look see on the quiet-ish streets out his way.....

he's currently doing 25km/day off road..... and will do everyday this week... and the next... fat little frukr he is....

s

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow. You looked OK on Saturday night when we parted ways. I suppose doing techy single track in the dark, you come to expect those crashes.
The soreness came out overnight, especially my neck and back. That is pretty much fine today and the swelling went down today as well. So all ok now.

Spanky's new song.. sung to Justin Timberlakes Sexyback

Spank's bringing fitness back
Them other pigs just don't know how to fap
He thinks his time is best spent on the track
So come along and he'll just fall off the back
spanky: Take it to the bridge
Dirty Pig
You see that sty,and he'll be into it
He'll let you whip him, and he'll pay for it.
Its just that noone wants to puts up with his shit.....
Wow not everday someone posts in song on Farkin. Spanky you are a true diva!!!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
buy a roh-dee???

what is this roh-dee you speak of????

nah, thats way too far mixing it up with traffic everyday for spanky (round trip >100km's) ... he'd be pork mince filling up some ones tyre tread within a few days of starting that...

however, he has asked about borrowing a roh-dee that's not being used... just for a look see on the quiet-ish streets out his way.....

he's currently doing 25km/day off road..... and will do everyday this week... and the next... fat little frukr he is....

s
Spanky, bm has a cure for sleepless nights my friend, it comes in the form of a bottle with a label called drambuie!
Lets start getting some night time action happening soon, how about some mundee ventures!..Also thecat leads some pretty hard rides further up that i'm trying to pshyche myself up for!

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
.Also thecat leads some pretty hard rides further up that i'm trying to pshyche myself up for!
Tomorrow wont be all that techy. Just twisty pine forest style trails, a few pinchy climb but a relaxed pace as we may have a few newbies with us.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Tomorrow wont be all that techy. Just twisty pine forest style trails, a few pinchy climb but a relaxed pace as we may have a few newbies with us.
Hey,
I might come for a run up tomorrow night(maybe, depends on work), what are the details of whats happening?...I figure it's about time i come up from winmalee and meet you guys!
Todd

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You need to borrow my full face helmet next time.
The idea of a full face has crossed my mind a few times as it would have helped, but I am just going to try and not do that again. :)

Would love to but I am stuck in Sydney tomorrow night and my bike is being repaired as well.

Which is the best bit of pine forest trails out that way? Also how do they compare to something like Majura or Sparrow Hill in Canberra?

I think we need to organise some of the eastern Blue mtns people to come over and do some.

Toxic

Likes Dirt
Which is the best bit of pine forest trails out that way? Also how do they compare to something like Majura or Sparrow Hill in Canberra?

I think we need to organise some of the eastern Blue mtns people to come over and do some.
The trails are super fun. Bit rougher than the places you mention. Organise a weekend far enough ahead and I'll be there. Or you could enter the 8 hour on the first weekend in February.

thecat

Lidsdale has been described as a mix of Majura and Sparrow Hill.
The Plateau is more native forest but with a less rocky/technical pine forest feel.

thecat

Do you know the bungleborri picnic ground in the newnes forest?

Form the mountains. Go across to Bell. Turn left follow the road to Clarence. turn Right into Newnes Forest rd at the Zig Zag Railway and follow it to the Glowworm Tunnel rd and right again.

Follow this for a couple of ks. Picnic area is on the right opposite the Black Fellows hands turn off

I'll be there at 7pm

rockydog

Likes Dirt
Do you know the bungleborri picnic ground in the newnes forest?

Form the mountains. Go across to Bell. Turn left follow the road to Clarence. turn Right into Newnes Forest rd at the Zig Zag Railway and follow it to the Glowworm Tunnel rd and right again.

Follow this for a couple of ks. Picnic area is on the right opposite the Black Fellows hands turn off

I'll be there at 7pm
That's the place that's often overflowing with bogan moto camper rubbish, yeah?
Some work crap just came up, so definitely don't wait for me:mad:

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
Good luck Alex

I would just like to wish Alex (mtbasn) good luck and good fortune in the u/19 XC nationals coming up soon at Stromlo, you've certainly put all the hard yards in training and have the skills to back it up too. :D

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Go Alex!!
Top 10 here you come, remember to smash em!
My daughter says good luck with giggles and kisses!
Smash em through the techy stuff, you are genius at it!
Ring through with your results after you rest up!

When things are getting tough and the going is hard, remember the word that inspires us all....TURGID...TURGID..surely a motivation that can't fail!:D
Good Luck Brother!
Todd
P.S. Also good luck to Brian Price(go to bed jessica) and John Evans(carlgroover), you will do us mountain folk proud!

Last edited:

carlgroover

Likes Bikes
Nationals

I'd also like to wish the boys luck at the Nationals, Todd I'm not going to the nationals, just training hard for something a tad longer. ;)
Cheers John.