Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

carlgroover

Likes Bikes
Cool Bananas

I had a great ride with Toxic and felt a bit cold zipping down the mountain to get home.
I didn't realize I already knew Toxic until he rocked up tonight, we ride the same trails and have met on a number of times before. It was great to do the tracks at night again and I'd like to make it a weekly thing, Friday nights would be good for me. What do the Farkin crew think? :cool: or :eek:
John.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
I had a great ride with Toxic and felt a bit cold zipping down the mountain to get home.
I didn't realize I already knew Toxic until he rocked up tonight, we ride the same trails and have met on a number of times before. It was great to do the tracks at night again and I'd like to make it a weekly thing, Friday nights would be good for me. What do the Farkin crew think? :cool: or :eek:
John.
Friday nights are bad for me, always night shift, saturday nights are much better!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
... It was great to do the tracks at night again and I'd like to make it a weekly thing, Friday nights would be good for me. What do the Farkin crew think? :cool: or :eek:
John.
Its funny how the turgid thread has become the night riding thread again ... :) ... I'd be in for the occassional Saturday night ... dependent on start times.

On to day time rides ...
Looking like I will be on the Rudd riding team from second week of Feb for what is looking like an indefinate spate of time ... booooo ... soooo rather then slit me throat ... how about we do some of these ??? (from another thread not by you peeps :p)

There are also various trails down below the Hydro.

The Sun bath trail use to be good but I haven't ridden it for years.

Handing Rock at Blackheath is a good ride on mostly fun fire trail. Follow the rail access road to Blackheath and follow Ridgewell Rd out to Baltza Lookout and back ...
Never done any of them.

Anyway ... Thursdays' are likely my only child free day so keep this in mind (post 06Feb09)

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its funny how the turgid thread has become the night riding thread again ... :) ... I'd be in for the occassional Saturday night ... dependent on start times.

On to day time rides ...
Looking like I will be on the Rudd riding team from second week of Feb for what is looking like an indefinately spate of time ... booooo ... soooo rather then slit me throat ... how about we do some of these ??? (from another thread not by you peeps :p)

Never done any of them.

Anyway ... Thursdays' are likely my only child free day so keep this in mind (post 06Feb09)
I am almost devoid of work at the moment (and for the forseable future) so heck anytime I am available. I think Rockydog and TimJWhite have certain work flexabilties too on some mornings.

So I think if you have an idea for a date and time just mention it and someone should come along. Still Monday and Tuesday are Todd's big days and I think he will jump at an opportunity to ride anywhere.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Alex Wagner,
15th in national U/19's xc championship,
Absolute champion effort considering he is 16 riding against 18 year olds!
Scary what he could acheive in a couple of years time!:)

t bone

Squid
yes fellow mountain bikers,the t-bone is still alive.
Great ride last week,been too hot to do anymore.Hope to catch up with you all in the not too distant future.
Frank

rockydog

Likes Dirt
(post 06Feb09)
It's funny how this thread has become, well, turgid. More talking about riding than organising rides!

Honestly, Todd, are you tempted to change the title? Pretentious words are fine if you want...I don't know ...piquante riders? fecund riders?

So on with the show....

Anybody up for a ride?
here are some suggestions;
Lawson on Tuesday,
Medlow on Thurdsay (for Nerf). This area is overgrown, so don't bring your carbon bling.
Coxes river some other day (probably an upper-mountains riders ride, as it's further to get to)

Now you go....

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's funny how this thread has become, well, turgid. More talking about riding than organising rides!

Honestly, Todd, are you tempted to change the title? Pretentious words are fine if you want...I don't know ...piquante riders? fecund riders?

So on with the show....

Anybody up for a ride?
here are some suggestions;
Lawson on Tuesday,
Medlow on Thurdsay (for Nerf). This area is overgrown, so don't bring your carbon bling.
Coxes river some other day (probably an upper-mountains riders ride, as it's further to get to)

Now you go....
Well I am without a bike and I know Todd is completely stripping and cleaning his bike... so good initative Rockydog!

If I get a bike back by Tuesday I will be in for a Lawson ride and if Medlow is happening on Thursday I will be in for that too. Depends on bike availabilty!

By Coxes, you mean that bit of the Six Foot track? Are talking from Nellies Glenn or drive down to the Megalong and ride from there to the river and back?

I might head out on Narrow Neck Sunday morning if you want to ride that one as well.... though the boredom and nice scenery of Mt Hay is also strangely calling.

rockydog

Likes Dirt
Riding 6' coxes

Sorry about the title...
yeah, I mean the bottom of the 6' track from megalong to the river and back. 12k's of sweet ST all up. You could also go to explorer's tree up to Katoomba if you want, but it's not legal so don't tell us about it!

I might even join you on Sunday morning for some off-road roady miles.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry about the title...
yeah, I mean the bottom of the 6' track from megalong to the river and back. 12k's of sweet ST all up. You could also go to explorer's tree up to Katoomba if you want, but it's not legal so don't tell us about it!

I might even join you on Sunday morning for some off-road roady miles.
I was discussing the closure of that section from the Explorer's tree to all but walkers with some of the horse riding people in the valley. They laughed and said they still ride it and stated "Its a bridle trail!!". Still the hike a bike down the stairs seems too much of a drag legal or not. Might be a good weekend drive down the megalong and then do the ride.

Well if I go out Sunday.. will be a 7:30 start I guess... you feel like a Mt Hay?

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
i'm free (well pretty reasonable anyway) on Tuesday from anytime am to about 2 ish
same goes for monday and maybe friday am

ready for any "free-ride-lite-low-phat-fully-sic-stylee-cross-enduro-trail" riding
(or whatever riding ya bike is called nowadays!!!)

rockydog

Likes Dirt
I was discussing the closure of that section from the Explorer's tree to all but walkers with some of the horse riding people in the valley. They laughed and said they still ride it and stated "Its a bridle trail!!". Still the hike a bike down the stairs seems too much of a drag legal or not. Might be a good weekend drive down the megalong and then do the ride.
Up the stairs at the end of the day, in the heat, is also a challenge. Oh, the cramping!!!

Well if I go out Sunday.. will be a 7:30 start I guess... you feel like a Mt Hay?
oh...all right then :rolleyes: Meet at the primary school, say?
sms me if you bail.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh...all right then :rolleyes: Meet at the primary school, say?
sms me if you bail.
Ok meet at the school near the roundabout at 7:30am.

The trick with Mt Hay is ride it fast and take some of the side tracks on the way back.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
i'm free (well pretty reasonable anyway) on Tuesday from anytime am to about 2 ish
same goes for monday and maybe friday am

ready for any "free-ride-lite-low-phat-fully-sic-stylee-cross-enduro-trail" riding
(or whatever riding ya bike is called nowadays!!!)
I will pm you adam, monday and tuesday are free!!!

JP

Likes Dirt
I'm out for a while. Forks are utterly fucked and I have a cracked rib. Only commuting on the bike for moi for a while. Enjoy you're riding...bastards.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm out for a while. Forks are utterly fucked and I have a cracked rib. Only commuting on the bike for moi for a while. Enjoy you're riding...bastards.

Crikey, what's the story? You didn't call some neo-nazis "ladies" again?

JP

Likes Dirt
Negative Mog. No nazi's were involved in my misfortune. The rebound dial on my forks snapped off and oil spewed from the SPV valve. Dunno really, it was just their time I suppose. Damn cheap plastic internals! I'm poor for a while so new forks will have to wait.

I bruised the rib on the Monday Glenbrook ride a fortnight ago with my gumby OTB. Add another impact 4 days later in EXACTLY the same spot and here I am. It's been pretty good until I had to climb through a roof at a job yesterday. It hurted me.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Anybody available for a tootle around Long Angle monday morning for a 9am start?...MrCove, i am looking your way to the moo!
Rockydogs proposed ride for tuesday morning..Let's do it!...9am..Hazo carpark to ride Lawson
Need some arse kicking for the sydney 24hour(i'm in Alex's team and dont want to embarrass myself!).
Adam..let me know!
What say you Rockydog?
Rockydog..i cant change the title!...fecund sounds good though..it's the end of holidays, so nobody is very available!
We changed the title because people complained that we were not doing night rides in a night riders thread, so mog and i suggested a change!..Turgid became it, cause i think the word is a horrible sounding??

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody available for a tootle around Long Angle monday morning for a 9am start?...MrCove, i am looking your way to the moo!
Rockydogs proposed ride for tuesday morning..Let's do it!...9am..Hazo carpark to ride Lawson
Need some arse kicking for the sydney 24hour(i'm in Alex's team and dont want to embarrass myself!).
Adam..let me know!
What say you Rockydog?
Rockydog..i cant change the title!...fecund sounds good though..it's the end of holidays, so nobody is very available!
We changed the title because people complained that we were not doing night rides in a night riders thread, so mog and i suggested a change!..Turgid became it, cause i think the word is a horrible sounding??
Well Todd, joing Alex' team.... now that was a silly thing to do. :) You are going to push yourself in that environment I suspect and really hurt. I bet your daughter is happy though!! She still helping out?

I'm in for Tuesday at Hazo, can we do an earlier start as it is just damn hot by that time of the day. Just did Mt Hay Rd as a training ride with Rockydog and it was unpleasantly hot by 9am. We felt the 7:30 start was too late.

Got my bike back... Bikeminded did a fantastic job for me and treated me really well... so back on a real bike again with working forks.

BTW You can change the title if you want to as well, just got to go and edit your first entry... has to be the person who did the first entry. In winter it may be something with turgid and night riders again. :rolleyes:

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Adam..let me know!
What say you Rockydog?
yep, what ride do you want to do, where do you want to meet?

i'd prefer lower mountains, do you fancy the ride we did a few weeks back? singles ridge to knapsack? (also found a new little descent over that way a few days ago, short and steep.....)