Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

rockydog

Likes Dirt
Rockydogs proposed ride for tuesday morning..Let's do it!...9am..Hazo carpark to ride Lawson
Need some arse kicking for the sydney 24hour(i'm in Alex's team and dont want to embarrass myself!).
Adam..let me know!
What say you Rockydog?
Monday no, Tuesday yo.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
yep, what ride do you want to do, where do you want to meet?

i'd prefer lower mountains, do you fancy the ride we did a few weeks back? singles ridge to knapsack? (also found a new little descent over that way a few days ago, short and steep.....)
How about we meet at the top of Long Angle road at 9am, or any where else is fine!
Long Angle to Knapsack!...Yeehah!

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
How about we meet at the top of Long Angle road at 9am, or any where else is fine!
Long Angle to Knapsack!...Yeehah!
cool, will meet you at junction of Singles Ridge Road and Long Angle Road @ 9am

mobile

A

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lawson/Hazo Ride - Tuesday Morning

Ok the reasonably usual Tuesday morning ride. Early start because its going to be hot.

Where: Lawson/Hazo ... meet at the carpark at Hazelbrook station

When: 3rd February 2009 ... 7:30am

Farkers in so Far:

Moggio, BM Epic

Maybes:

Rockydog

carlgroover

Likes Bikes
Mr Pivot

Hi Guys, I have a day off tomorrow so can do this ride with you.
I also have some good news, I've picked up sponsorship from Jet Black Products and I'll be riding my new bike- a Pivot 429, I've done 3 rides on it already since Friday arvo and think I'm in love.
See in the morning :)

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Hi Guys, I have a day off tomorrow so can do this ride with you.
I also have some good news, I've picked up sponsorship from Jet Black Products and I'll be riding my new bike- a Pivot 429, I've done 3 rides on it already since Friday arvo and think I'm in love.
See in the morning :)
Bravo John, Alex told me but i didn't think i should bring it up on here without your permission!...Also solmate and trinewt i hear, you will love them also, they are the ultimate combination!
Cant wait to see your new baby tomorrow!:)
Worthy recipient of sponsorship i think!

Toxic

Likes Dirt
Got my bike back... Bikeminded did a fantastic job for me and treated me really well... so back on a real bike again with working forks.
So what was wrong with them?

I'm out for any mountain riding for the next week and a bit as I'll be down in Lorne for conference. However, there is a day locked in up at Forrest. :cool:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So what was wrong with them?

I'm out for any mountain riding for the next week and a bit as I'll be down in Lorne for conference. However, there is a day locked in up at Forrest. :cool:
They sent them off to get fixed and they were done under "warranty".. so they rebuilt them and replaced the rebound. Not sure exactly, just got to assume its what Jeff said and was "blow-back" (if I remember correctly) where the seals were going in some way???

Forrest looks great... I think that will make the conference worthwhile!! Enjoy!

Toxic

Likes Dirt
Add to that DH shuttle runs at Apollo Bay. Will be awesome.

And Carl, you are a mongrel. I want a test ride! ;)

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Thanks Adam(mrcove) and John(carlgroover) for a great ride today, watching Adam smash through the technical terrain was a sight in itself, something to aspire to!..What a bike John, that red pivot sure does look the "biz", doesn't ride so bad either.
Thanks both for waiting for me all the time, i had a blast, next time Adam i will have a dig at the stairs!

carlgroover

Likes Bikes
Out too

Thanks Guys I had a ball today on the techy stuff :)
and I can't make tomorrows ride now as I have another kitchen install :mad:
I'd rather be riding.
John.

carlgroover

Likes Bikes
Be careful

Add to that DH shuttle runs at Apollo Bay. Will be awesome.

And Carl, you are a mongrel. I want a test ride! ;)
Matt, if you ride it you'll want it, it's very fast up and down, My mate Gav was surprised to see me "launching off everything" down coxs at Mt York.
John.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Feb 3rd Hazo ride cancelled

Ok the reasonably usual Tuesday morning ride. Early start because its going to be hot.

Where: Lawson/Hazo ... meet at the carpark at Hazelbrook station

When: 3rd February 2009 ... 7:30am

Farkers in so Far:

Moggio, BM Epic

Maybes:

Rockydog
Well due to a lack of availabilty I guess this ride will have to be cancelled... I'll go ride up my local instead.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Thanks Adam(mrcove) and John(carlgroover) for a great ride today, watching Adam smash through the technical terrain was a sight in itself, something to aspire to!..
i think Todd had the rose tinted specs on again!!!!

good ride though, thanks Todd and John, even though one of my pedals died (spring broke in CB Candy's) i had to take a cleate out so that i could ride the last half of the ride, all fixed now though thanks to my collection of broken old crap!!!

just checking my roster, ok tomorrow (think i'm doing GHS with Todd and Jeff), ok thursday am, friday am

Toxic

Likes Dirt
Matt, if you ride it you'll want it.
Doesn't matter if I want it. I couldn't afford it. In any case, the wife wants a Mach5 when she goes back to riding after the youngest decides to ween. I'll be riding the Remix until it breaks.