Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

glee123

Squid
Anyone riding sat-mon? I'm over from England and am going to be in the Blue Mountains Area. Really keen to get a ride in...

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone riding sat-mon? I'm over from England and am going to be in the Blue Mountains Area. Really keen to get a ride in...
Where are you based in the mountains?

I will try and be up for a ride somewhere though looking at the weather it will probably have to be a dusk one. Monday will be cooler though.

For singletrack Mt Victoria is great, Lawson is a really great ride or Yarramundee. None of these really have views..

Narrowneck is the kind of views trail, but it is firetrail, though definately one of the best fire trail rides... Grose Head Sth is good at Winmalle and has some single track as well as fire trail but also a huge descent and good views. The Oaks is an easy fire trail with several km of single track at the end.

What tyep of stuff you interested in?

glee123

Squid
I'm staying at the YHA in Katoomba. Would need to find a decent bike to hire... It all sounds good! Getting there today so will sus out the hire situation...

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There are very oridinary bikes for hire at the adventure shop near the roundabout at the top of Katoomba street. I think they have mech discs and look ok for riding a fire trail like Narrow Neck.... can't think of anywhere else that hires now. How tall are you though?

Last edited:

glee123

Squid
I'm 5'11" I think. Usually ride a Santa Cruz Medium... I'm keen on hitting some singletrack definately. Might try and get a bike this afternoon for possible ride later today & tomorrow if anyone is about?

BM Epic

Eats Squid
I'm 5'11" I think. Usually ride a Santa Cruz Medium... I'm keen on hitting some singletrack definately. Might try and get a bike this afternoon for possible ride later today & tomorrow if anyone is about?
I think most of everybody will be staying out of this heat today, although monday and tuesday are definitely ride days!..Stay Posted!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I have to work labouring in the sun tomorrow now:eek:
I'll ride after 6 if anyone is keen.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At least tomorrow looks like it may be overcast and cooler!!

If I don't get out during the day with glee123 I might come for dusk Leura or something.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
17th - Tuesday

Dudes ... tentative day time XC outing out your way Tuesday week ... not picky where.

I vote for a minimum of hills ... but I figure that would be asking a little too much considering its BM *shurgs* I can wish.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Mark,
Jeff and i will be at Lawson tomorrow at app: 9 am

Tuesday: I am cool for Tuesday morning, anybody want to post up something official..Adam, Rod?

Nerf(Al)..Next tuesday morning..G/Brook, Lawson or Long Angle, take your pick!..All good!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
F*** can't sleep in this heat.
Probably down Adams way, if you guys are rocking Lawson tomorrow, you won't want to hit it up again the next day.
Or I have a nice ride in Katoomba if you want something different.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
F*** can't sleep in this heat.
Probably down Adams way, if you guys are rocking Lawson tomorrow, you won't want to hit it up again the next day.
Or I have a nice ride in Katoomba if you want something different.
I'm up for anything Rod, post up tonight and we will hit it up!
Katoomba sounds interesting!

glee123

Squid
Morning. So I can go get a bike and come along... who? where? when? Sorry to be an outsider pain but keen to ride!
Gary