Building wooden jumps

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ love a good berm gap. There was an awesome one at the end of Ourimbah dh until some fuckwit drove a 4WD over it. Attempt to recreate just never really nailed it.

I usually fix the front legs into the ground w short star pickets and wire
When I've made larger north shore style stuff that needed to be moved around, I've made my own timber pegs from off cuts/spares. Driven them into the ground and nailed/screwed them to the legs. Screws make it easier to remove.

Flow-Rider

Burner
^ love a good berm gap. There was an awesome one at the end of Ourimbah dh until some fuckwit drove a 4WD over it. Attempt to recreate just never really nailed it.
It's funny like that, when small changes are made.
Before the last facelift you were able to jump and flick the bike straight into the next berm but you can't seem to hold good speed through there anymore. Can't really complain they're free trials, more people ride them than work on them.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
I like Gap creek. Always try to get there when we're in Brisvegas. I noticed that too about dumbing down. I hadn't ridden it for about 3 years and ended up there with the lads from here. There used to be a wooden rail berm and then a long wooden ladder style thing that ended up down in the creek?? Telling them all about it and when we got there it was gone. Heading to Mt Joyce in 2 weeks. Haven't ridden there for at least 3 years. Should be interesting to how it's changed
Yep! I found a photo of it online a while back. They removed it in the first face lift, it ended up a lot higher than what's in the photo because the creek washed everything from underneath it away. The wooden Berm is there though, you must have rode along Death Adder, the start of pipeline has changed since then also.

GPC2.jpg

GPC.jpg

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Yep! I found a photo of it online a while back. They removed it in the first face lift, it ended up a lot higher than what's in the photo because the creek washed everything from underneath it away. The wooden Berm is there though, you must have rode along Death Adder, the start of pipeline has changed since then also.

View attachment 344731

View attachment 344729
That's it!! I remember the tree on the right half way down as I hit it going down the ladder in the wet... Good times. The top of Pipeline last time I rode it I thought was a bit shit. The jump things didn't have any run after them and the berms were all loose and rutted. Last time we were in there we went right of the BBQ area after the bottom car park into the Wallaby way section of the park. There was a lot of nice flowing trails with drops etc. in that section. But there's lots of GC I haven't ridden yet.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
The armouring at the bottom would either come loose or become slippery from the dust and gravel. Not my video but I've seen this happen a few times and you always found someone with a pinched tube there.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Trail armouring is the biggest wank. Seems all the pn heads around here wear in a fresh line around it all and the weather erodes the armour plate anyway. I'm a fan of putting in features that help the rider to slow down without resorting to skidding through last minute and have a new found love for retaining walls.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Trail armouring is the biggest wank. Seems all the pn heads around here wear in a fresh line around it all and the weather erodes the armour plate anyway. I'm a fan of putting in features that help the rider to slow down without resorting to skidding through last minute and have a new found love for retaining walls.
That whole bottom section of that trail is now diverted to high land, it used to all go under water in a big down pour.

EWS Enduro has a lot to answer for, young kids see them do Scandinavian flicks and mirror their actions.

DMan

I agree. I'm a fan of a technical feature on a trail that slows riders down too at necessary points, opposed to a dumbed down track that everyone can bomb at pace and consequently tear up. I much prefer a challenge.

DMan

The armouring at the bottom would either come loose or become slippery from the dust and gravel. Not my video but I've seen this happen a few times and you always found someone with a pinched tube there.

Ouch. Remembering the bottom I bet that hurt...

DMan

That fence is close. Wall ride?
Funny you say that Poodle because I'm think something like that for the corner past the tabletop. I wonder if I can get my neighbour to pay for half if it's a boundary fence..... :rolleyes: