Buller Nationals !! Who's going ?

Heppla

Likes Dirt
If we buy tickets to the lifts when we sign up (for Thurs and Fri) how do we get them? Are they in a computer in Buller waiting for us, or are they sent to us? Because I'm leaving in 2 days, and I signed up 4 days ago. I really don't want to have to get things sent to my Accom in Buller...
All in a computer, just rock up to the bike shop in the village to pick them up.
Cheers, Isaac.

howsey

Likes Dirt
me and a few mates are heading up from mansfield it is going to be awsome see some of you guys up there :)

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
me and a few mates are heading up from mansfield it is going to be awsome see some of you guys up there :)
if you see a lovey dovey couple on saturday come say hi guys, we will be taking photos and relaxing :) Charlotte will have red curly hair and ill have orange lense sunnies

norcotim

Likes Dirt
im sorry but it just made me laugh. nationals are raced on the national track :p

i will probably be watching or maybe racing. dunno yet though..
Its actually on International to be correct,Was up there the other week think a crew needs to get together and do volunteer maintenance on the track as it is in dyer need of it other than that its loose rough and good fun

Nick Taylor

Likes Bikes
Hey downhillers,
Can't go have to work! But there a crew of junior downhill dudes from Porepunkah and Bright attending to do damage, hopefully only to their times!

Good Luck Macca and Harry!!

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will they be using the Double Wallride before the Fire Road section ?

Ive never scene, nore tried it as it wasnt aloud in the Vic Series as to many people where getting hurt.

Will it be included in the Nationals Race ?

scarecrow8888

Likes Dirt
Will they be using the Double Wallride before the Fire Road section ?

Ive never scene, nore tried it as it wasnt aloud in the Vic Series as to many people where getting hurt.

Will it be included in the Nationals Race ?

i think i read somwhere that they were going to use the wallride but im not too sure. i have been there and done it before. from what i can remember the run in is harder than the actual wallride plus its rollable. but will be looking forward to seeing how they B-line it because it will have to be done and if they rund the switchbacks as the b-line they are faster

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's possible the A line will be the wallride and the B line will be the switchbacks with extra slowness added (to penalise the B liners). I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Heppla

Likes Dirt
It's possible the A line will be the wallride and the B line will be the switchbacks with extra slowness added (to penalise the B liners). I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
Thats the idea but we are not to sure yet. MTBA want to run the wallride only, but i think the b line will be a good idea. It will save a bottleneck and save some injurys!
Cheers, Isaac.

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats the idea but we are not to sure yet. MTBA want to run the wallride only, but i think the b line will be a good idea. It will save a bottleneck and save some injurys!
Cheers, Isaac.
Sounds fair enough then. Ive ridden the B-lines and there easy for every rider just can get sideways when dusty :rolleyes:

Anyone got a photo of the Wallride ? Gotta check it out..

Lube

Likes Dirt
Just entered then. Pumped as. See you all up there. So whats the go with some pre-race shenanigans :D

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How much will it cost to enter on the Saturday with no pre-rego for those who are unable to do it online? Sorry if i have misread or completely missed it somewhere. Thanks.

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How much will it cost to enter on the Saturday with no pre-rego for those who are unable to do it online? Sorry if i have misread or completely missed it somewhere. Thanks.
From looking at the Regestration sheet it goes like this:

Elite - $120
Expert - $120
Veteran - $120
Masters - $120
Super Masters - $120
Grand Masters - $120
U19's - $120
U17's - $99
U15's - $99
Sport - $99
Senior HT - $120
Junior HT - $120

So far what i know of. Each price of Rego Includes Saturday & Sunday Free lift pass for Downhill.

Thats the prices on the Rego sheet online !

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is usually a late entry fee which i was after, i was well aware of the pre/online rego costs. It's always an extra $10 so i'd assume it to be the same here.

S.

ex offender
There is usually a late entry fee which i was after, i was well aware of the pre/online rego costs. It's always an extra $10 so i'd assume it to be the same here.
It's $30 according to http://www.mtbuller.com.au/summer/month_event_full.aspx?EventId=4699 (yes excessive I know). You can fax an entry in tomorrow still (entry form is here), not sure but I hope that's exempt from the extra charges. The fax number is 03 5777 7801. If you don't have a fax machine, PM me immediately (before 10pm tonight) and I'll fax one in for you tonight.

Edit: No longer going up...

Last edited:

mad greek

Likes Dirt
im sorry but it just made me laugh. nationals are raced on the national track :p

i will probably be watching or maybe racing. dunno yet though..
Sorry bud, having not raced at Buller for the last 8 years I was not quite aware if they ran the International track or not.. International (when it first started) was rarely used as the shit it had was a bit too full on for the average Joe Blow..

Nice to hear International is being run though, that's a cool track :)

Cheers,
Theo