Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Flow-Rider

Burner
I recently bought something from the UK as there was none in stock in correct size here and the build was getting to the pointy end. Decided to pay for dhl express shipping so I could finish it off properly. Not cheap, but fast right?

So the seller takes 18 days to dispatch. Watching tracking details I don’t see any evidence of it being shipped. I contacted them 3 times via email with zero response. Over this time the Au distributor got stock back in so a forth email requested a cancellation, which also received no response. Bought it local.

I opened a dispute with PP one afternoon and got dispatch notification the next morning. Almost 3 weeks from order being placed with express shipping.

Anyone think it’s reasonable to accept express post (claimed 2-8 days) and then not dispatch for 18? It ain’t no global logistics problem, it’s the seller.
You got to check the claimed dispatch time, but even then most of the vendors say '(usually) dispatches in x amount of days', I suppose your other option is to sell it and try to recoup your money.

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
Ordered from AliExpress on 6th Jan and it took longer to get across Sydney than it did to get from China to Aus. Then gets processed by Australia Post a day after my complaint after sitting around for more than a month.

Another item ordered on 17th Jan arrived on 4th Feb so there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to estimate shipping times.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Dang. Yours was faster!! 5pm delivery for me. Phew!
Interestingly mine also went via Lonsdale at midday.

Nothing worth noting in this package for me except 3hrs work building a fekkin set of wheels for someone else :rolleyes:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Did I see some one in here recently saying that buying from BikeInn was pretty quick and uncomplicated?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Thanks, both. Might stick with CRC - the $30 doesn't seem worth it given that if I order from CRC now, I'll be riding with it next weekend.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Did I see some one in here recently saying that buying from BikeInn was pretty quick and uncomplicated?
Probably. I've bought a few bits and pieces from Bikeinn. prices can be good on certain things, don't load up your cart too much as it jacks up the freight charge. can take a while , but all good.