Cairns World Cup!!

vlyle

Squid
Just a quick one, not to sure how you get access to the rock garden for spectators. Anyone know? im fairly new to MTBing in Cairns so you will have to forgive my ignorance.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Just a quick one, not to sure how you get access to the rock garden for spectators. Anyone know? im fairly new to MTBing in Cairns so you will have to forgive my ignorance.
Pretty sure you have one option: Walk.

vlyle

Squid
Haha i knew that much.... i know you can get up to the whoops from red ringer just not to sure where to go from there cause im pretty sure you cant walk the track.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha i knew that much.... i know you can get up to the whoops from red ringer just not to sure where to go from there cause im pretty sure you cant walk the track.
From red ringer, once you are at the top of the hill, turn left, and walk down into the saddle of the hill and up....and up a bit more..following the track up to the start . You will get to the rock garden that way, or up the DH access road to the top. Alternatively, walk the track from the bottom up, UCI have signposted "No entry" after Ronnings ramp to cover themselves....:gossip:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone out on course watching as we speak?
I'd love to know how everyone is going with all the water about?

4dabush

Likes Dirt
From red ringer, once you are at the top of the hill, turn left, and walk down into the saddle of the hill and up....and up a bit more..following the track up to the start . You will get to the rock garden that way, or up the DH access road to the top. Alternatively, walk the track from the bottom up, UCI have signposted "No entry" after Ronnings ramp to cover themselves....:gossip:
THE Marshalls have been told to send you back the way you come...so DONT try to come up the track unless you are happy to bush bash all the way....
GO TO Moore Road Kewarra Beach. Look on Google maps, there is a water tower (big round thing on the aerial photo) walk up past it and past there for 20-25 minutes. Look in the trees there is pink tape, or if in doubt, stay straight ahead or right. Oh, and unless you have mega tough feet, dont wear thongs...and bring a rain coat or poncho...

Would you walk up the track for a local race or a national round? No? Then it would be great not to mess up the Worlds best by being on the track. Today plenty thought it was fine to argue with the marshalls and walk in the racing line. In the speed traps in todays soaked conditions, guys were doing over 70kms/hr...so please respect them and let them do their job in safety.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
THE Marshalls have been told to send you back the way you come...so DONT try to come up the track unless you are happy to bush bash all the way....
GO TO Moore Road Kewarra Beach. Look on Google maps, there is a water tower (big round thing on the aerial photo) walk up past it and past there for 20-25 minutes. Look in the trees there is pink tape, or if in doubt, stay straight ahead or right. Oh, and unless you have mega tough feet, dont wear thongs...and bring a rain coat or poncho...
Is that not by passing the paid entry?
I used to push my bike in that way when I lived in Kewarra

4dabush

Likes Dirt
Is that not by passing the paid entry?
I used to push my bike in that way when I lived in Kewarra
yep, another reason to come in that way...go back after and pay for entry to watch the XC and chill in the bar by all means...
Brendan on the triple, double, triple before the speed trap...in his qualifying run...yeeeooow.

Attachments

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I can't seem to stream this on the Redbull site.

Just says the video is currently unavailable and to check back later... :/