Cairns World Cup!!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Oh dear, he's in a whole world of hurt after a hit like that.

A moment of carelessness on his part may have horribly impacted his life. Feel sorry for the poor bloke.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Different angle - shows he wasn't really going too fast but just misjudged the steep whoops.

[video=youtube;amY7JLRgYwg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amY7JLRgYwg[/video]

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
[video=youtube;e7YzA0B2-7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7YzA0B2-7M&feature=youtu.be&feature=autosharec[/video]
All I have to say is SUCK SHIT.

Serves him right for being a douche... 100% his own fault.
What an idiot.

I finally got the stream going on my phone while I was out, see 3 riders go down and then this happened...
There I was watching commentary for half an hour wondering why the red flag was up.

Screw this guy.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
All I have to say is SUCK SHIT.

Serves him right for being a douche... 100% his own fault.
What an idiot.

I finally got the stream going on my phone while I was out, see 3 riders go down and then this happened...
There I was watching commentary for half an hour wondering why the red flag was up.

Screw this guy.
Agree.

He stopped the race for ages, not just for Australian's, but for millions of others around the world, who were no doubt having to be up at like 12am or something to watch the event.

This guy is going to be hated and I'd laugh so hard if he's a rotorburn user and sees all these post lol.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yea, you cats might want to go back and read a few posts before you shoot off about this any further.

He didn't flog the bike, he was just trying to held an injured rider out by getting his bike down the hill for him.

Last edited:

Skydome

Yea, you cats might want to go back and read a few posts before you shoot off about this any further.

He didn't flog the bike, he was just trying to held an injured rider out by getting his bike down the hill for him.
Which is dumb, he is a spectator, leave that stuff to be organised by the officials.

There's been helpful, than there's been a helpful hindrance.

This guy, was a hindrance, he basically stopped the race for everyone.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Bahaaaaaa. He did the whoops nicely on his back.
C'mon someone knows him. Does he post on here?

Look at me I'm all bro!

Edit- hahahahaha. It hurts hahahahaha.
Cool story for the pub for many years

Last edited:

tojo

Likes Bikes
I saw the original guy slam into the tree but left before that guy rode off and crashed. Those jumps where one of the best viewing spots. The atmosphere at the rockgarden was intense. Great viewing today. Xc will be great tomorrow as well

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
Which is dumb, he is a spectator, leave that stuff to be organised by the officials.

There's been helpful, than there's been a helpful hindrance.

This guy, was a hindrance, he basically stopped the race for everyone.
Settle down, we've all done silly things.

Too soon for this rubbish, as fellow riders and aussies we should be hoping the guys OK

Ezkaton

Eats Squid

One does not simply tackle a World Cup DH course without a helmet and stay conscious.

He should have walked it down, off-track, if he really wanted to help out, or, as stated above... left it to the officials.
All he did was stuff up the afternoon for spectators and competitors.

Common sense, people.
He had none.

Last edited:

Mud Gecko

Likes Bikes
He should have walked it down, off-track, if he really wanted to help out.
All he did was stuff up the afternoon for spectators and competitors.
If you had seen the side of the track you would know that wasnt possible.

He fucked up though, no doubt.

slowmick

38-39"
So he's the reason my taping of the SBS coverage missed the last 6 riders. i got Gee Atherton's run for about the first 6 feet... boo hiss.:pout:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
It's just not right that someone spoiled a half hour of your afternoon by getting serious spinal injuries is it? Boo fucking hoo.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
If you had seen the side of the track you would know that wasnt possible.

He fucked up though, no doubt.
Ah you missed my edit.
All good, I assumed it may not have been possible... so I added "or, as stated above... left it to the officials". :)

It's just not right that someone spoiled a half hour of your afternoon by getting serious spinal injuries is it? Boo fucking hoo.
His dumbass decision making, his problem.
If he stayed out of it like he should have, he'd still be standing and enjoying life.
It's not up to us to feel sorry for him.

Last edited:

Skydome

Settle down, we've all done silly things.

Too soon for this rubbish, as fellow riders and aussies we should be hoping the guys OK
Fair call, bro.

The guy should have just let the officials organise it really.

And yes we have done our fair share of stupid stuff but riding a WC course with no helmet and without permission from officials? is just mind bogglingly stupid.