Canberra Farkin Burner Christmas Gnar Fest

When works for a pre Christmas gnar session

• Weekday evening (Handlebar might be closed)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Saturday morning (Disapproving looks from Roadies as we have a beer at 10am)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Saturday afternoon (Crowded trails but the beer will be cold)

• Sunday morning (As with Saturday morning, stuff Roadies)

• Sunday afternoon (Again crowded but an excuse to have a short ride and longer in the bar)

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I am doing the smoked meats remember. @johnny is doing the fishy stuff. I think @Dozer is just eating, not sure. Oh and supplying all the champagne.
I got paralyzed on champagne at a wedding a few weeks back, pretty sure there is no champagne available after I guzzled it all. Terrible bloody stuff.

T-Rex

Template denier
Sunday ride

Forecast for Sunday has now dropped to max of 28, might be the best riding day for a few days. How about a Stromlo out-the-back lap in the morning, say 9.30 am start, then afterparty at the Handlebar? Who's in? Meet out front of Handlebar for the start.

@Scotty T
@Tubbsy
@Litenbror - when you leaving for Tassie?
@Haakon
@droenn
@nzhumpy

Add anyone I've missed.

@943 , @AaronM if you guys want to meet some of the local RB crew F2F you are welcome.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I'm a ? atm.

We plan on leaving tomorrow, but are playing it a wee bit by ear depending on the conditions, the Hume was closed between Campbelltown and Mittagong yesterday with tomorrows conditions expected to be even worse.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Sunday ride

Forecast for Sunday has now dropped to max of 28, might be the best riding day for a few days. How about a Stromlo out-the-back lap in the morning, say 9.30 am start, then afterparty at the Handlebar? Who's in? Meet out front of Handlebar for the start.

@Scotty T
@Tubbsy
@Litenbror - when you leaving for Tassie?
@Haakon
@droenn
@nzhumpy

Add anyone I've missed.

@943 , @AaronM if you guys want to meet some of the local RB crew F2F you are welcome.
I'm off for Tassie at 7am tomorrow morning so will miss you guys have a great safe Christmas everyone.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
No riding tomorrow guys, I'm going to assume all other mtb destinations are closed too, I think it's just wise not to be in the bush, and it will still be smoky.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
It's not looking good, the wind will be coming from the east for more than 12 hours over Sat night looking at the forecast. Might be game over.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Just insane... I even dragged my arse out of bed early to get a lap or two in at Stromlo this morning, but one deep breath of the air outside canned that idea...

Cool and normal. At least Scomo apologised for the holiday, so I suppose it’s all ok now.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Just insane... I even dragged my arse out of bed early to get a lap or two in at Stromlo this morning, but one deep breath of the air outside canned that idea...

Cool and normal. At least Scomo apologised for the holiday, so I suppose it’s all ok now.
It took 2 deaths to get him to answer the phone though, and I notice his family stayed in smoke free Hawaii. I do like the commentary that "even the prime minister deserves a break" and "this was booked before the fires started" yeah I'm pretty sure all the fire fighters deserve a break for Christmas and I'm confident that most of them also had a holidays booked but remember everyone - Thoughts and Prayers.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I can’t see the smoke letting this happen unfortunately. Might have to aim for a New Years ride instead.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
It took 2 deaths to get him to answer the phone though, and I notice his family stayed in smoke free Hawaii. I do like the commentary that "even the prime minister deserves a break" and "this was booked before the fires started" yeah I'm pretty sure all the fire fighters deserve a break for Christmas and I'm confident that most of them also had a holidays booked but remember everyone - Thoughts and Prayers.
People still vote for him.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Its not looking good for tomorrow, just ventured out to run some errands and can't even see Stromlo (and I live right near it)!

Saw one crazy roadie out, with a face mask.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Its not looking good for tomorrow, just ventured out to run some errands and can't even see Stromlo (and I live right near it)!

Saw one crazy roadie out, with a face mask.
Rode this morning for two hours, not the worst conditions to exercise in... and I am a mild asthmatic