Canberra rides and beers

Scotty T

Walks the walk
That was a wicked little storm. Couple of trees down around my way, everyone come out of it alright?
It largely missed us in Rivett, we're in the Cooleman Ridge rain shadow.

We only have this week to get on the beers and/or Xmas eve weekend.

I can do either night this week. What's other's preference?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Stromlo's main carpark will be open again from the 15th of December with enforced paid parking.
$2 for 3hrs or $85 for a yearly pass.
Do you know what's happening at the Bushfire memorial park? I usually park there, but if that isn't ticketed it'll be a bunfight.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I'm unsure because there were also questions about the aquatic centre parking.
At least parking is being managed by TCCS and not private will Wilsons...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Happy to buy an annual if the money goes into the park and not consolidated revenue.

People in Duffy and Coombs are going to be pissed about the parking in their streets I reckon.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It largely missed us in Rivett, we're in the Cooleman Ridge rain shadow.

We only have this week to get on the beers and/or Xmas eve weekend.

I can do either night this week. What's other's preference?
I'm heading out with a bunch of blokes on Friday night - a few of them you've met on previous piss-ups. Welcome to join if you want. You have my mobile number?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Stromlo's main carpark will be open again from the 15th of December with enforced paid parking.
$2 for 3hrs or $85 for a yearly pass.
$2 for 3 hours is not an unreasonable ask...., or even close to it. Happy to pay that, particularly if it goes into the overall park.

A buch of folk at work tell me that Wilsons have no legal authority to enforce parking fees or fines. No idea how accurate that is.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
A buch of folk at work tell me that Wilsons have no legal authority to enforce parking fees or fines. No idea how accurate that is.
There are three items with private parking:
  • Terms of the Contract (What you are supposed to read and agree to by parking in that space)
  • Value of Damages for overstaying the allotted time (If a carpark is $15/hr how is a $85 fine for overstaying by a few minutes reasonable under Contract law)
  • Wilsons or other private parking companies have no way of requesting owners' details through TCCS if someone does not pay.
  • Clamping of wheels is illegal in the ACT.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I chatted to Stromlo about the annual pass yesterday. Annoyingly, you can't apply it to two vehicle - it's tied to the rego.

As I can't be sure what I'm driving to the trails it means I'm out for the annual pass. Pretty annoying.