Capital Punishment is GO

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
yeh, i have a few pics of 1339 amongst my lot, emailed Aurora accordingly. they are still there so i guess they will get to it. I figured i would wait to purchase in case some of my pics were amongst others too.
yeah i was wondering about that - the fact you can't seem to scroll through all the photos means that if a photo is wrongly identified then it's pretty impossible to find it. There seem to be very few unidentified shots for a race where numbers were very likely to be obscured.

gbowen444

Likes Dirt
has anyone purchased photos from Aurora and then had more photos added? I puchased my Value Pack on Friday but today they have added 3 more photos for my race number. I tried redownloading the pack I purchased but it only included the first 6 photos, not the 3 additional ones. So short of purchasing them again, I don't know how to get these 3 photos.

I have sent an email to Aurora. Has anyone else had or resolved this problem?
After sending 4 emails and recieving 2 one line replies from Aurora, they have still not resolved this. My $45 "Value Pack" still does not include all my photos shown when I search for my number.

Has anyone else had this problem? I know that a friend of mine has and I would imagine that anyone who purchased photos before monday, when the additional ones were added, would also have not recieved all their photos :mad:

Buzzy

Squid
Absoulutley incredible ride this one
My time was pretty slow (7:51) but very happy that we even finished it in those conditions, just an absoloute joke!

Damage reoprt to my poor norco.
- chain stuffed
- cassette stuffed
- middle chainring stuffed (had to use the middle for the whole race as the derailier wouldnt shift to anything else)
- Both jockey wheels on my rear derailier stuffed.
- Fork & shock service.
- New BB bearings
- Headset bearings were full of mud, might be Ok though
- Brake pads stuffed (had brand new ones on for the race, now all thats left is a little bit of backing plate and half of the retaining spring) Tip for the players: dont use organic pads in the wet, go the sintered.
- Brake rotors stuffed
- All rear suspension pivot bearings stuffed

And a complete strip and rebuild
Gee the misses is going to be happy with that list.
But its was worth it to cross the line and finish was a good feeling after nearly 8hrs on the bike.

Having done this ride I take my hat off to anyone that actually rode any part of this race, weather they finished it or not, massive effort................ well done all :cool:

GeurieMTB

Likes Dirt
Damage

Geez that last one makes me glad I rode the singley - very slowly, but at least all I had to replace was BB bearings and brake pads, I looked at the pads a week before the race and thought "mmm not much left there, should get me some new ones" of course I didnt and of course they died:(

the number of people I passed who were riding singlespeeds with excess hardware (dead derailleurs) was astounding

But wasnt it FUN! Now thats a race none of us will ever forget and thats gotta be a good thing (now that were all warm and dry)

very pleased, and not too surprised that Majura has come up OK, Stromlo was brilliant throughout, and whats with Deeks? Did it come up OK?

AROC copped a bollocking immediately afterwards, i thought they did a great job except no T shirt or even water bottle - sheesh its an expensive prospect when you dont even geta water bottle! Id def buy the T!

Boreit

Likes Dirt
the small portion of track used will be fine in a cpl months, wont even know any different.

Maybe Boreit you miss the point, the small portion of track you so easily dismiss was made by members of the MTB community in Canberra and CORC, so the question is will AROC take the money and run, or will they put something back into Mtbiking and fix it up, maybe before the XC race this weekend coming. Maybe Bore it you can fix up the tracks you enjoyed so much, ah but, out of sight out of mind eh:cool:
Why haven't we continued to hear much from those that were quick to bag everyone for the irrepairable damage that was caused..... maybe i am still missing the point?

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Why haven't we continued to hear much from those that were quick to bag everyone for the irrepairable damage that was caused.....
Because they've said their piece and are happy to leave it at that, perhaps?

In Majura, Boy Wonder needed a little work before the event and now it needs a lot more - particularly the lower parts of the switchback corners. There's plenty of other bits that could do with repairs. (IE, water puddling areas to be built up and drainage channel dug.)

I haven't looked in Kowen but imagine there's plenty of eroded trails that will now erode further in wet weather.

We were lucky that it continued raining heavily for 24+ hours after the race. It certainly allowed the ground to settle and meant the outcome wasn't as bad as it was feared. (Plenty of other mud races have resulted in the ground drying into a lumpy mess.)

jean5614

Likes Dirt
So happy to oblige, Boreit. Was there more to add, no the damage was done and mentioned, several CORC members got out and did some work after the race and there were still some significant areas of damage a week later. Perhaps it doesn't worry folk like you but there are a significant number of people around that put work into mtbing around here and Australia, and would probably appreciate a bit put back instead of the attitude that it's there to be used, it's my right. Along side your rights come your responsibilities. Shouldn't take that much. The xc race went of well the week after CP thanks to some handy repairs by some willing locals. Cheers Jack:cool:

Boreit

Likes Dirt
So happy to oblige, Boreit. Was there more to add, no the damage was done and mentioned, several CORC members got out and did some work after the race and there were still some significant areas of damage a week later. Perhaps it doesn't worry folk like you but there are a significant number of people around that put work into mtbing around here and Australia, and would probably appreciate a bit put back instead of the attitude that it's there to be used, it's my right. Along side your rights come your responsibilities. Shouldn't take that much. The xc race went of well the week after CP thanks to some handy repairs by some willing locals. Cheers Jack:cool:
Perhaps... Perhaps not! :p

abevern

Likes Dirt
Missing Photos - sorted

After sending 4 emails and recieving 2 one line replies from Aurora, they have still not resolved this. My $45 "Value Pack" still does not include all my photos shown when I search for my number.
I had the same problem. I sent a short email to Aurora and I just got a reply to say that it had been fixed. I'm sure once they understand your problem they'll sort it out.