Capital Punishment is GO

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Picture preview slide show is up, pics tomorrow I guess - btw I think I see Raf in the slide show?

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Avid Elixir on my steed... not sure the brand of replacement pad or the supplier the LBS was referring to but they had one pair left in stock and said the supplier didn't have any more either!
Ok......so I'm guessin no point goin past the LBS for some pads this sarvo'.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
My LBS ordered 2 sets of Elixer pads yesterday from Monza and theyr'e on the bike already, not that any riding will get done this w/e with this feckin rain.

Eval

Squid
I rode the tracks of Majura this morning and they have pulled up very well after last weekend. Arguably, they are in better condition now than prior to the race. There is a top layer of mud/clay that has settled down smoothly that makes for a fast and grippy surface.

ladytoast

Likes Bikes
I rode the tracks of Majura this morning and they have pulled up very well after last weekend. Arguably, they are in better condition now than prior to the race. There is a top layer of mud/clay that has settled down smoothly that makes for a fast and grippy surface.
That's triffic news, did you ride the whole bit that was used last weekend?

rangie

Likes Dirt
great news!

throwback

Likes Bikes
life goes on

...excellent! Thought it sounded like a lot of unnecessary panic about the trails. My experience has been that trails often settle down pretty well after drying out even if they look stuffed at the time.

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
photos are up!
Although I don't seem to be able to search for pics of well.... anyone! My number was a bit askew so was expecting to find me in the unidentified section but to no avail...

Are the sorted pics still coming?

Anyone else with similar issues?

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Although I don't seem to be able to search for pics of well.... anyone! My number was a bit askew so was expecting to find me in the unidentified section but to no avail...

Are the sorted pics still coming?

Anyone else with similar issues?
When I searched yesterday at first I got some random guy - then I realised I got my number wrong :p. Then I did find about 11 photos of me but this morning there are several extra photos up that weren't up last night - they are the ones of the single track in Stromlo by which time my number was hanging off to one side and hard to read. So maybe they are working through the harder to identify ones still.

Last edited:

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
When I searched yesterday at first I got some random guy - then I realised I got my number wrong :p. Then I did find about 11 photos of me but this morning there are several extra photos up that weren't up last night - they are the ones of the single track in Stromlo by which time my number was hanging off to one side and hard to read. So maybe they are working through the harder to identify ones still.
They've appeared now :)

Hmmm, muddy!

Cronar

Likes Dirt
I have to say a massive thumbs up to Aurora Images, the photos are so good, well done guys!

Here a favourite from my bunch, I'm not quite sure if i'm smiling or grimacing in pain?

cap4.jpg

Rookie

Likes Dirt
I raced at Majura today and can happily say the tracks are in great condition. Not as bad as some made it out to be. There are a few ruts that you would get with 1800 riders over the same course, but nothing terrible.

The grip out there at the moment IS OFF THE CHARTS:D

stinkytodamax

Likes Dirt
Have to agree

Rode both Sat and Sun and excellent levels of grip were on offer. The trail are in very decent condition given how many passed over it.

Cold at 7.00 both mornings though.

I raced at Majura today and can happily say the tracks are in great condition. Not as bad as some made it out to be. There are a few ruts that you would get with 1800 riders over the same course, but nothing terrible.

The grip out there at the moment IS OFF THE CHARTS:D

gbowen444

Likes Dirt
Aurora Photos

has anyone purchased photos from Aurora and then had more photos added? I puchased my Value Pack on Friday but today they have added 3 more photos for my race number. I tried redownloading the pack I purchased but it only included the first 6 photos, not the 3 additional ones. So short of purchasing them again, I don't know how to get these 3 photos.

I have sent an email to Aurora. Has anyone else had or resolved this problem?

Last edited:

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
has anyone purchased photos from Aurora and then had more photos added? I puchased my Value Pack on Friday but today they have added 3 more photos for my race number. I tried redownloading the pack I purchased but it only included the first 6 photos, not the 3 additional ones. So short of purchasing them again, I don't know how to get these 3 photos.

I'm sure they'll sort you out once they get your email.

Boreit

Likes Dirt

yeh, i have a few pics of 1339 amongst my lot, emailed Aurora accordingly. they are still there so i guess they will get to it. I figured i would wait to purchase in case some of my pics were amongst others too.