Centrelink registration for COVID-19 support

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm actually mustering up the courage to go in again...most recently I received an email request to submit my partner's tax return and mortgage details. I have no partner. My submission to them says I have no partner. I can't find a work around. I'm going to explode and implode all at the same time.

I also received a "hurry up and finish the application" threat...while no delays were being caused by me. I know it's all automated, but those that make the decisions could have arranged this stuff better

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My wifes jobkeeper came through yesterday so that's us covered for the month.
Complaints and Feedback line on 1800 132 468
Thanks but everything online says I am still getting processed and they sent several texts specifically stating not to call.

nathanm

Eats Squid
My wifes jobkeeper came through yesterday so that's us covered for the month.

Thanks but everything online says I am still getting processed and they sent several texts specifically stating not to call.
if your claim hasn't been actioned properly it will sit in limbo until you follow up. is it outside expected timeframes?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Typical govt bureaucratic shit, I love it when you owe them money and they threaten you with Sper.
@pink poodle, you should ask them if they're trying to discriminate against you because you don't have a partner.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Typical govt bureaucratic shit, I love it when you owe them money and they threaten you with Sper.
@pink poodle, you should ask them if they're trying to discriminate against you because you don't have a partner.

It feels that way man. There's just nothing here for the middle aged middle class loader! Where's my cut of the pie scomo??? I want a big of Easy Street for a while!!!

Flow-Rider

Burner
It feels that way man. There's just nothing here for the middle aged middle class loader! Where's my cut of the pie scomo??? I want a big of Easy Street for a while!!!
Yeah, they don't make it easy and it's quite difficult for middle aged people to secure employment at the best of times.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've never found it too hard. But for many it certainly doesn't come easy.
Another thing to consider. As restrictions are lifted, hospitality business will likely have staff who were and weren’t eligible for job keeper, do you reckon the shifts will go to the people they have to pay or the ones the govt has covered?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
15 minutes waiting so far. Killed 2 cockroaches. The noise of my stamping foot startled the fat old security guard.

Another thing to consider. As restrictions are lifted, hospitality business will likely have staff who were and weren’t eligible for job keeper, do you reckon the shifts will go to the people they have to pay or the ones the govt has covered?
I would be expecting employers to take full advantage of any government incentive being offered. It will be a long time before there's many shifts going around for those not covered by the job keeper or whatever it becomes.

Worst unemployment since 1982 recession...according to radio news now playing.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I'm not hearing a lot of good news around Brisbane, a large manufacturing plant has decided to close it doors and there's vacant commercial buildings popping up everywhere. There were some words in the media about Qld abattoirs being bypassed by China that employ around 18000 people. I'll bet you'll see a spate of unemployed when the jobkeeper runs out, there just isn't the work around that there was before.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And seeker/ keeper are due to end when mortgages which have been on hold will need to start being serviced again.
Could be a bleak end to the year

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not hearing a lot of good news around Brisbane, a large manufacturing plant has decided to close it doors and there's vacant commercial buildings popping up everywhere. There were some words in the media about Qld abattoirs being bypassed by China that employ around 18000 people. I'll bet you'll see a spate of unemployed when the jobkeeper runs out, there just isn't the work around that there was before.
Even before Covid there were a lot of leases available in the Brisbane area but they are starting to get a lot more common. I worked for a manufacturing company thats doing well at the moment but I think you are right and in 6 months time is when things will really start to show.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
15 minutes waiting so far. Killed 2 cockroaches. The noise of my stamping foot startled the fat old security guard.

I would be expecting employers to take full advantage of any government incentive being offered. It will be a long time before there's many shifts going around for those not covered by the job keeper or whatever it becomes.

Worst unemployment since 1982 recession...according to radio news now playing.
All right...20 minute wait in the end. Cleared up the lack of spouse, asked about the mythical bank accounts (yes...more than one) that I've never had that were in their systems, resolved the mortgage/mortgagee issues and also supplied further tax related info. Finally got the "ok that's everything we need..." which was followed by a "someone will be in touch". Well what a shit system. Still no fucking answers of direction.

For a little icing on the cake I've received another request for information that isn't related to the current situation. From my probing around I can't resolve this online unless I am able to create the information. Looks like I'll have to head in again.

What a marvelous system we have created here...slow clap to the brains trust driving this ship.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All right...20 minute wait in the end. Cleared up the lack of spouse, asked about the mythical bank accounts (yes...more than one) that I've never had that were in their systems, resolved the mortgage/mortgagee issues and also supplied further tax related info. Finally got the "ok that's everything we need..." which was followed by a "someone will be in touch". Well what a shit system. Still no fucking answers of direction.

For a little icing on the cake I've received another request for information that isn't related to the current situation. From my probing around I can't resolve this online unless I am able to create the information. Looks like I'll have to head in again.

What a marvelous system we have created here...slow clap to the brains trust driving this ship.
It’s done on purpose to make it as painful as possible so you never want to get back in the system again for the rest of you life.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
It’s done on purpose to make it as painful as possible so you never want to get back in the system again for the rest of you life.
None of the centrelink offices I have visited even had toilets in the building accessible to applicants/welfare recipients. last time I was at one of those places a few years back, I was directed to the local public library branch, a kilometre away.

The hoops you have to jump through are designed to break your spirit.

Then, after that joyful experience, you are coerced into signing contracts "agreements" with "job network providers". These parasitic organisms get a kickback from the DHS for each person they have on their books. I have never managed to get a job through one of these useless waste of taxpayer money leeches. Private companies rorting public money.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbm

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
None of the centrelink offices I have visited even had toilets in the building accessible to applicants/welfare recipients. last time I was at one of those places a few years back, I was directed to the local public library branch, a kilometre away.

Then, after that joyful experience, you are coerced into signing contracts "agreements" with "job network providers". These parasitic organisms get a kickback from the DHS for each person they have on their books. I have never managed to get a job through one of these useless waste of taxpayer money leeches. Private companies rorting public money.
It's definitely a shit system and not designed to help people. Lucky we don't have a class war in this nation...

Flow-Rider

Burner

I haven't been on any govt welfare since I left school over 25 years ago but I often wondered who gets the jobs, is it these long term unemployed that have done some drug rehabilitation program and the govt gives the employer a subsidy for giving them a job ?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I haven't been on any govt welfare since I left school over 25 years ago but I often wondered who gets the jobs, is it these long term unemployed that have done some drug rehabilitation program and the govt gives the employer a subsidy for giving them a job ?
sounds about right. last time I was on the dole I got shunted into a 'work for the dole' assignment. basically free labour for businesses. I was ripping circuit boards and other recyclable components out of old computers. perhaps I should have been grateful that I wasn't sent to mine uranium with a pick and shovel. :rolleyes:
after several weeks of breaking computers, I told them to stick their free labour bullshit , and made better use of my time looking after an ill family member. found a job on my own after family got well.