Chain reaction cycles

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lost the postage lottery on Thursday.
Had a $1040 order, $104 off from the NOVAUS thing, paid $49 for DHL express because I need it all by next weekend. Being a large order it got separated into 2 boxes, and only one box got the DHL i paid for. Then other ended up with ParcelForce. Still awaiting a response to my grumpy email.

Anyone know how many working days ParcelForce takes to get here? Is that the priority tracked option?

Last edited:

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
I found Parcel Force to be good. It's the Royal Mail deliveries that suck. So hopefully your 2nd package is not too far away.
Cheers
FatMuz

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
CRC Order #2 experience.

I placed an order on Friday morning (15th) for a crankset and pedals... which was the 14th over there.
All items are in stock.

Got an e-mail back saying all is confirmed, etc... will be shipped on the 15th.
Still hasn't shipped.

Sadface.

Sure hope they give me DHL for being slow at sending out my order!

My previous order was awesome, placed it Friday late afternoon, got the shipped email overnight sometime (saw it Saturday morning when I woke up).
Had it in my hands on the Tuesday.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I placed 2 orders on consecutive days (poorly planned but both shipped free), got e mails to say they were despatched on nov. 5th and 6th. Still waiting, and a bit pissed as I was expecting it all to be here so I can build my new ride up. Can't win them all though, and this is easily the longest I've ever waited so I can't complain.

BUT F*$KING HURRY UP!!!!
Yeah, I'm waiting on stuff that I ordered on November 6th, bit frustrating as I ordered stuff on the 5th that rocked up on the 9th.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Yeah, I'm waiting on stuff that I ordered on November 6th, bit frustrating as I ordered stuff on the 5th that rocked up on the 9th.
Frustrating is putting it mildly man! I have a 2014 Undead frame sitting here with the forks on it. And the sun's out for the first time since 2012 on a day that I'm not at twork.:mmph:

MTBloke

Likes Dirt
I've been lucky so far....

Have done 3 orders in total at CRC, and all have arrived in the following 10 days or so...... The most recent one (a week ago) I ordered on Saturday night, and then a Wiggle order Sunday night....... both were free shipping option and both arrived on the Monday of the next week.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Wheelset. Ordered Tuesday 12th, packed and shipped 13th, arrived 18th ( today)

Parcel force - free shipping option chosen

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Is there any point to this thread other than to tell people what you've ordered and how long it takes the postage companies to get it to you? Every post is the same................

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Is there any point to this thread other than to tell people what you've ordered and how long it takes the postage companies to get it to you? Every post is the same................
Yep.... This thread annoys the shit outta me.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Come on man, I need this outlet, no one takes me seriously when they can physically see the tears of anguish rolling down my cheeks..

Three

Likes Bikes
OK, it looks like I'm in the disaster category after being happy with priority tracked.

Just got my dispatch email saying my latest order has been sent via TNT. Problem is, I paid for DHL Express.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Well, the point might be that paying for expedited delivery is a complete waste of money, because it doesn't get there any faster, and it seems just as likely to get lost. And some people need the evidence.

Makes a change , from "wicked awesome sick da bomb, surely?

New subject- bad product description on CRC. Got a wheelset today, no mention on CRC that they might be old stock - how about pre 2011? Also means old hub design ( read - shit hub design), non upgradeable etc. at least I knew so can decide to treat them nice or return, but most will not even contemplate checking.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Placed order for pump, tube, patches, multi-tool on Friday 1/11.
Dispatched following day via TNT on 2/11.
Arrived today 17/11 for a total 11 working days.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hopefully mine will rock up this week sometime, hanging to get out for a ride!!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I'm as big a tight arse as anybody, but really, shouldn't this sort of shit be purchased locally? Unless you're bulking out an order to get free delivery.

chinski

Likes Bikes
7 days for $140 of gear, turned up today, came with free DHL shipping too, quicker than shit i've ebayed from Aus , & CRC was quicker to get a 20mm Bomber 888 axle to me than my LBS could last order i did, can't beat that !

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I'm as big a tight arse as anybody, but really, shouldn't this sort of shit be purchased locally? Unless you're bulking out an order to get free delivery.
Lbs versus online....... It's easier sitting at home on the iPad that going out of your way to a bike shop who may or may not have what your after.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes part of the reason was to bulk out an order and avoid shipping but I am not sure why you feel like that alone should justify my online purchases to you so here are a few more reasons:

1. Research. I enjoy doing my research online for everything (not just bike gear) and knew exactly what I wanted to get without the input from the LBS or going in there and wasting their time which I am very mindful of.
2. Kids. I have them and they take up a lot of my time which means it is a lot easier to shop from home as aside to the inconvenience of trying to get a 3yr old to the shops, let alone have a meaningful conversation with someone there.
3. Availability. Neither the LBS’s nor Aussie online bike shops either stocked or had stock of the parts I already knew I wanted and I didn't want to be sold something different or a variation of it or wait for it to come in (As a side note it seems like the LBS’s just carry what they do because that’s what they have rather than those parts being the best parts for what people need).
4. Loyalty. While I appreciate what the LBS's do for some people, I don't have any relationship or loyalty to them. On the other hand, as a past buyer off wiggle and crc for non-bike gear, I already have an established relationship with them, find their pricing great, and them very easy to deal with.
5. Money. Another reason is that I don't have much money so if I can save $50 on $170 worth of parts then that’s a MASSIVE deal for me. LBS’s tend to charge more and while I am happy to pay a little more I don’t trust them enough to just give me reasonable pricing from just walking in the door so I still have to do step 1 anyway. In my list of things to buy there were 2 parts that I did find at 2 different LBS’s that, although were more expensive, I felt were comparably priced so I did by them there.

So you should be able to see even if the LBS’s were slightly higher pricing than online, although it might make me more likely to deal with them, I would still have no problem standing by reasons 1-4 above and purchasing online.

Hope that clears it up.

Cheers
MAS

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
5 weeks going onto 6 weeks and still my order has not shown up - nor the re-order which they sent out 2 weeks ago. Its been so long I no longer need what I purchased, I bought them at a store :(

And yes, I was order bulking to receive a discount, otherwise I would not have bothered.