Chain reaction cycles

Minlak

custom titis
Sigh... package arrived with a hole in it and damaged. Missing the olive and a washer for the Hope Straight connector and one of the red reservoir caps is missing sigh. Again a letter from Aus post on the top of the box explains they received it damaged. The bottle of High5 has a fair dent in it and must have been just rolling around for the last 20,000kms.
Damaged Box.JPG

Damaged Bottle.JPG

Hope Connector 2.JPG

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Minlak...you have paid the price for breaking the strike. Fortunately when this has happened to me CRC have hooked me up with the missing product or a refund, but the inconvenience is a whole other issue.

Minlak

custom titis
Minlak...you have paid the price for breaking the strike. Fortunately when this has happened to me CRC have hooked me up with the missing product or a refund, but the inconvenience is a whole other issue.
They have been fair enough in replacing what is missing or damaged in the past but they only ever send it snail mail never express. There are parts I could only get from CRC in this order otherwise I wouldn't have ordered again. This is now 3 packages in a row all with an issue. Imagine there are hundreds a day going out I wonder how much stuff gets replaced or credited a day. Sigh I just wanted to be done with them.

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
Happy to say, after multiple CRC orders, I've never had a problem...

Hope Endurotech wheels on the way...Woohoo

Just nipping out to touch wood....

S_Town

Likes Dirt
Pretty happy with CRC at the moment. Ordered a front wheel, cassette, chain, rimtape and two tyres on the 5th and at my front door on the 13th, no issues. HOWEVER...

CRCs custom wheel builder for the rear wheel was down at that time, so I went to Cycle Sports UK to match up a rear wheel for the front (Stans Flow EX - Hope Pro 2 150mm). Ordered/PayPal'ed the same day as above. 10 days later get an email from Cycle Sports saying the order has been delayed due to items being out of stock then once they're re-stocked it will be dispatched, although at the time of purchase it was highlighted green "in stock". I say no worries.

Another 10 days go by and I receive another email from them saying "there's a problem with the order and had to be sent back to head office" :wacko:. Turns out that 20 DAYS from payment they decide to stop making the Stans Flow EX - Hope Pro 2 150mm, then try to sell me a Stans Arch rim. So I'm like ":hand: just cancel the order and refund immediately please."

Don't think I'll be using Cycle Sports again.

Minlak

custom titis
Happy to say, after multiple CRC orders, I've never had a problem...

Hope Endurotech wheels on the way...Woohoo

Just nipping out to touch wood....
The frustrating thing for me is I don't want to be "That Guy" that always has an issue when I receive something. I seriuosly thought about just sucking it up this time as the last 3 orders have all had issues. But they also all have had a bulky item in them. Sigh I am "That Guy" aren't I? :frusty:

Gripo

Eats Squid
Chain reaction cycles ??

^ Since CRC automated their packaging of products a few years ago (see internet video) they don't/can't pack the product as well as by hand...

I guess you could email them after making an order of small bits and ask them to contain them in a box inside a box....actually they use to have a comments box when ordering, that seems to have gone....

All up when an international business via a courier company can get it's product more than halway around the world in 48hrs, then once the land in Oz another 60-72hrs you still have to be impressed....

You can whinge hard and if your that disatisfied maybe visit your LBS and either not get it, pay too much or wait for months....

I don't know about you but internet shopping for many a product is way more reliable....shame really...

dr1ver

Squid
I placed my order on Sunday 26/10 and it arrived early today.

I did pay for the DHL service though since I wanted to have all the parts on the bike for this weekend.

simonhaha

Likes Dirt
Darn i shouda gone with DHL...

Has anyone had any troubles with Parcelforce lately?

Havent had any status updates from the 22nd still..

Stuck on the status with 4 of my orders: Processed through facility | COVENTRY (GB)

Beej1

Darn i shouda gone with DHL...

Has anyone had any troubles with Parcelforce lately?

Stuck on the status with 4 of my orders: Processed through facility | COVENTRY (GB)
I get the impression ParcelForce is the UK's Australia Post, and that EMS are the people who either get it from UK to AU, or track it, or do the logistics, or whatever. Then it's in AusPosts hands once it gets here.

EMS seems to have no 'front end' for entering the tracking numbers (at least, not these ones), and both AusPost and ParcelForce provide roughly the same details with the tracking number. The only difference is the AusPost tracking page has 'Dispatched' written above the tracking details, which could mean dispatched from the UK, or from CRC. Useless, either way.

I am regretting no DHL also, but moreso just regretting the $20 option - it's seems to be no different from free shipping even though they throw the word 'priority' in the method title. It's almost like they're saying "We'll take that $20 thank you, and show you just how slow things really move."

If it arrives this week it'll still be decent service. But I'm predicting it'll be a while longer.

sprocket

Likes Dirt
over the years I've never had an issue, have a package on the way as we speak, ordered yesterday and it left the country early this morning, it was ordered packed and dispatched within a few hours, paid DHL as it was only $5 more than the tracked postage..

I've learnt my lesson from not paying the little extra and not getting tracked goods through other online retailers..

be stoked if the gear arrives by the weekend...

racebmx

Likes Dirt
I recently received only half a set of xt v-brakes in an order. I complained through paypal. It only took 6 days to receive a replacement pair via parcelforce. Cant complain and I live 15kms out of Toowoomba.

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Booyah ordered my Hope Hubs from Wiggle, 2:30pm Monday afternoon. Paid for the DHL shipping, at my door today 11:30am :woot:

sprocket

Likes Dirt
my order was due today but aussie customs has decided to have a look and hold it up... knew I should not have ordered anything with the term "ICE" on them... looks like monday it'll turn up.. lucky I have the day off and can wait, install and ride.... whoop whoop

Beej1

Mine arrived today simonlaugh, though I wasn't there dammit. But it's sitting on my desk apparently.

Did yours come through?

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahhh so of course my fork (DHL) arrived Tue, and the other parcel with the star nut, star nut installer and a small pump (sent by Intl Post) isn't here yet. It was pretty much a foregone conclusion I guess.

simonhaha

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys, just had an update that all my orders have arrived in Melbourne. ETA should be by Monday next week.

I think i will be going with DHL or protein from now on. :D

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Free DHL Tricks

Going to place an order shortly; XT brakes, cassette, chain and some tubes. What are the ways you can get free DHL? I'm not really interested in and probably won't use protein powder. Are there any other things that will get it?

Cheers,
Wes