Chain reaction cycles

Beej1

Making up for their less than impressive prices by ^^^ shipping
I shopped around. They were at most $15 more than elsewhere for some parts. For the sum total of what I ordered at least, they were cheapest by more than $80 on a $400 order.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I shopped around. They were at most $15 more than elsewhere for some parts. For the sum total of what I ordered at least, they were cheapest by more than $80 on a $400 order.
if the ACU-thing code still works, why would you not break up a large order (>$300) into several smaller ones & save $10 on each?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I still buy occasionally, but its spot buys on sale items. For years, they used to be the cheapest every time, for everything. The locals and the Germans get most of my bike $$$ now.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I still buy occasionally, but its spot buys on sale items. For years, they used to be the cheapest every time, for everything. The locals and the Germans get most of my bike $$$ now.
The Germans are good but if they could get their shipping rate lower they would be even better.

Beej1

if the ACU-thing code still works, why would you not break up a large order (>$300) into several smaller ones & save $10 on each?
TL:DR; I honestly couldn't be arsed.

The simplicity of just going through the order process once, and having one box arrive, was of more worth to me than saving $30 instead of $10.

Yet, I was happy to have 5 browser tabs open searching for everything comparing prices. That kind of hassle I don't mind, for some reason. Even if all the sites I frequent provided API's and some 3rd party wrote a central service that searched for items across them all and provided price comparisons (I'm sure there used to be such a service, ages ago), I'd probably still go and hunt around myself ... untrustworthy of the searching prowess of other software developers, and finding simple enjoyment in just 'checking shit out.'

But ... try and break an order of 15 things into smaller parcels as close to just over $100 each? My brain instantly says "Fk that."

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dunno, I wouldn't do it for more than a few, but the combo of free shipping >$100 and code recycling certainly makes it a possibility.

I ordered a >dozen books from book depository over xmas - each one arrived separately over the next 3 weeks, collecting them from the PO was a PITA.

ozzybmx

The simplicity of just going through the order process once, and having one box arrive, was of more worth to me than saving $30 instead of $10.
Know the feeling... Luckily my missus is always about the shopping centre where the PO is, so I dont think about the possible multiple pickups, she grabs them when the cards arrive... so split that baby 3 ways for max discount. Though the package with the most important component in it always arrives last, always.

I literally experienced this just today:
ordered - 10.30pm AEST, Thursday last week (Straya/Genocide Day)
arrived - 12.30pm AEST, Today, Monday, roughly 3.5 days later.

That's the fastest I've ever received an order from CRC. And faster than I've ever received anything non-express from within Australia. And it was free.

Impressive. Most impressive.
And I ordered on the 17th, dispatched on the 18th and still not here.
Wasn't expecting a 4 day turn around but 2 weeks is a bit excessive. Has been the longest wait yet.
Not too impressed.
Only a small package too. Frame I ordered over xmas was here in 5 days.

Logic

Likes Dirt
And I ordered on the 17th, dispatched on the 18th and still not here.
Wasn't expecting a 4 day turn around but 2 weeks is a bit excessive. Has been the longest wait yet.
Not too impressed.
Only a small package too. Frame I ordered over xmas was here in 5 days.
Have you tried tracking your order? You can see what's happening to it.

Have you tried tracking your order? You can see what's happening to it.
Only ever said it was in transit. No idea where it was or when it was coming.
Suitably vague. Went from being in transit UK to delivered.
But strangely enough, after posting my complaint here I received and email from customer service at Skynet tracking asking if my parcel had been delivered.
Finally reached destination yesterday apparently, pick up today when PO opens.
That has been the slowest ever from CRC, generally been really happy with their dispatch and delivery system.

Warp

Likes Dirt
Another recommendation NOT TO USE PO BOX when using CRC.

It's a PITA. Toll will not deliver it to Aupost Parcel Lockers, they will redirect it. My package was sent for delivery to Darwin (as it should be) but not delivered to Aupost and now it's back to... ADELAIDE!!!!
I called and it will be sent back to Darwin where I can pick it up from the Depo.

I suppose it should not be as bad if you live close to a major city, but up here in the NT you're SOL.

We'll see how it goes, but needless to say it complicates it for me heaps.

All of this sucks as Parcel Lockers from Aupost work a wonder for us who work long hours. Simple SMS or e-mail, you go there anytime you want, you get your parcel from the locker in seconds.

NUTTTR

Likes Dirt
Another recommendation NOT TO USE PO BOX when using CRC.

It's a PITA. Toll will not deliver it to Aupost Parcel Lockers, they will redirect it. My package was sent for delivery to Darwin (as it should be) but not delivered to Aupost and now it's back to... ADELAIDE!!!!
I called and it will be sent back to Darwin where I can pick it up from the Depo.

I suppose it should not be as bad if you live close to a major city, but up here in the NT you're SOL.

We'll see how it goes, but needless to say it complicates it for me heaps.

All of this sucks as Parcel Lockers from Aupost work a wonder for us who work long hours. Simple SMS or e-mail, you go there anytime you want, you get your parcel from the locker in seconds.
My latest order to my po box has been scanning as "Arrived hub" twice a day for a week now... Very strange. Still hasn't turned up at the po box!

Ideate

Not CRC's fault but the douche delivery guy in my area keeps putting the package in plain sight. I put the bins to the right where the column is so he can hide it (like every other courier does).

ozzybmx

Mine was the same, 5 days, delivered today and only $100 order, can't be bad to that.

You'd wonder how it takes Oz sellers a week to get stuff across the 2 states... still quicker than a bike shop ordering it in most occasions.