Clear mountain!

tumble

Likes Dirt
Now is as better time as any to gravedig this thread with Dayboro being "shut down" due to re-zoning into a National Park & Beerwah being dozed beyond repair. The northside of Brisbane is in serious need of help as far as DH tracks go.
Rider15 can we please have an update on the status of your dads progress with Clear Mountain? Would he have any information as to why Dayboro was closed down or turned into a National Park?
What can we as a community do to speed up the process of progress at Clear Mountain?
So many people in this community are extremely upset at the recent attempts to shut down this sport & something has to be done. As far as I know, Clear Mountain is the only location which is showing some promise for DH riders in the greater Brisbane area.

cressa

Likes Dirt
As posted in a previous thread, those that have submitted a letter to council regarding MTB in Bris received the letter below ... in my eyes this is a very important survey that we all should be taking part in... If you are too lazy to read it all, just read the red part.

Thank you for your email of 24 December 2008 regarding Mountain Biking in Brisbane and your position on this matter.

I am pleased to advise that in late January 2009, Council will be opening an on-line survey seeking public input on the topic of Mountain Biking in Brisbane. This survey, which will be open until late March 2009, will then shape Council’s revised policy on this subject.

All stakeholder groups and members of the broader community will be advised of this survey through direct mail and media announcements. I would encourage you to participate in this wide ranging review. In anticipation of the review, I have already passed your letter to the appropriate Council officers for their consideration.

This consultation process will be an important part of our decision making and I encourage you to provide input into the review.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your concerns. I can assure you that my administration is committed to working with the community to provide facilities appropriate to all residents in Brisbane.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a happy and safe Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Yours sincerely

Campbell Newman

LORD MAYOR

JPG

Likes Bikes
Dayboro isn't in BCC though - it's in the new Moreton Bay regional council. Doesn't seem to have amalgamated completely so previous PRSC contacts should be valid (maybe action via PRSC BUG??)..

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rider15 can we please have an update on the status of your dads progress with Clear Mountain?
Apparently he is waiting for information to approach the State Forest/State Government about their plans for the track. He is on holidays at the moment and hasnt been in the office for a couple of weeks. The track goes through State Forest land as well as (dont know the offical name) but the people who own the damn you can see up the shuttle road also have land that the track goes through. So it may take a while as both these parties need to be approached.

Would he have any information as to why Dayboro was closed down or turned into a National Park?
Apparently some of the State Forests are being turned into National Parks and this is a State Government thing. It wasnt just because there was a track there.

What can we as a community do to speed up the process of progress at Clear Mountain?
Write to the council or your local member I guess.

Last edited:

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just thought i'd let everyone know that some nice people have fixed up the Track and added new lines so that the jumps are more easily do-able (well i couldn't get the speed on the old lines)

Coulda been the bunch of MOnster energy sponsered riders that were up there on sunday.

Air time erik

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Daybora shut down? Oh god I have to get out and Ride again! Maybe we should just start digging till someone takes notice!

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a guy pull up and talk to my mum whilst she was shuttling us yesterday..

He was asking us about a feasablitly study on DH tracks in SE QLD, as there are none, they want to know if its worth is getting some legalised... :D
Hes going to ring me :p

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a guy pull up and talk to my mum whilst she was shuttling us yesterday..

He was asking us about a feasablitly study on DH tracks in SE QLD, as there are none, they want to know if its worth is getting some legalised... :D
Hes going to ring me :p
Who are these people exactly?

Viv92

Eats Squid
Daybora shut down? Oh god I have to get out and Ride again! Maybe we should just start digging till someone takes notice!
Digging where?

Also does anyone know if dayboro as rutted and worn as it is because no one can ever do anything to fix it due to fines and stuff or is it just because it's fun like that?

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Who are these people exactly?
Oh haha, council worker, forgot to mention that...

We just had popped out onto the road, and saw that there was a council 4wd sitting next to our shuttle, i shat myself :p
Then he pulled off...

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Digging where?

Also does anyone know if dayboro as rutted and worn as it is because no one can ever do anything to fix it due to fines and stuff or is it just because it's fun like that?
both, to lazy to fix it and the rougher it is the more fun it is

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh haha, council worker, forgot to mention that...

We just had popped out onto the road, and saw that there was a council 4wd sitting next to our shuttle, i shat myself :p
Then he pulled off...
hmmm.
sounds good.
I should probably head out to clear mountain one day for some riding.

raso

Likes Bikes
Legalizing Clear Mt!?

We ( the downhill community ) need every legal place possible to ride because
lets face it,all the great tracks are disappearing. So I say lets support it and get in and help make it into a track worth riding.

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The track has a few additional lines now and has gotten alot better.

Theyre looking into it because there are no Legal downhill tracks in SE QLD

panda1971

Banned
The track has a few additional lines now and has gotten alot better.

Theyre looking into it because there are no Legal downhill tracks in SE QLD
what do you call towoomba then, or just support a club and ride open days like illinbah

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
what do you call towoomba then, or just support a club and ride open days like illinbah

put it this way, not everyone wants to have to drive over 2 frikken hours every saturday or sunday just to go for a ride all day then drive another 2 frikken hours just to get home.:mad:

The more tracks we have, the more fun that can be had, but honestly would you be willing to fork over hard earned dosh, just to ride on private property every weekend after spending money on fuel just to get there, then getting only one run to find out you just destroyed your rear mech or your hydraulic brakeline finally gave up the ghost & you have a fubar accident.

I tell you I would be seriously pissed off if that happened. Don't get me wrong though, I'm willing to pay the money if we decide to drive 2 hours, but when we had 2 tracks within at least a half hour drive from us that are apparently now closed, why would you drive all that extra way just to ride.

I tell you, if I lived in toowoomba, or nearby I would certainly be going there quite often & giving the ocassional hand for trail maintainance or anything else that was fairly close by also.

Not everyone has the money to throw around to always go to the private tracks, especially when you gotta pay a mortgage, 2 cars off & save for a wedding in the very near future, then if you were to have kids, hell you would be broke.

Sorry I'm just having a rant, but I hope you see my point of view as to why we require more open accessible tracks.:cool:

binner

Hath shat hymself
greenies win everytime

2+ hrs drive each way ...pffft

the truth is , the green population have such a swing here in Brisbane that you will never beat them.

so in order for us to enjoy a healthy, outdoors social event we are moving to Canada where your back door has 100's of well groomed/maintianed trails and they actually welcome bike riding of all types....

ohh hey Puppy... havent chatted for ages ...;)

panda1971

Banned
hey sickpuppyonglory, mate i was only making a statement, as for your things to do list such as morgage and weddings, been there done that including the kids, the problem with legal trails for DH in brissy is we had them once, yes it was part greenies but the majority like all capital cities is the fact that the younger fellas/kids get out there and start to modify or try to improve these trails making them dangerous, instead of joining a community like farkin and finding info on trails and helping out with trail care days and the like, instead they just get out there with a shovel and fuck things up for everyone...yes i have ridden illegal trails (before anyone brings it up) but its the same with dirt jumps in the metro area.Council build them only to have them stuffed up by a few kids with shovels...this is always going to happen and it is the biggest stumbling block besides the greenies and land access....as for mt gravatt, cant see it happening myself, not for dh being legal, they possibly could open it up to mtb but that would more then likely only be more xc trails, and then there would be parking issues

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry, i guess he meant around brisbane then. Not south east QLD.
But still, a 2 hour drive is really not that practical every weekend.
Having atleast 1 legal downhill track in brisbane would be nice.

By the way guys, the council guy said they don't care that we ride at clear mountain anyways.