Clear mountain!

panda1971

Banned
By the way guys, the council guy said they don't care that we ride at clear mountain anyways.
best advice mate would be to get it in writing, after being involved with mtb / downhilling since we raced rigids and 2" travel doesnt matter what they say unless its in writing...as for the dh run discussion i would prefer 10 runs not just 1 :)

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
hey sickpuppyonglory, mate i was only making a statement, as for your things to do list such as morgage and weddings, been there done that including the kids, the problem with legal trails for DH in brissy is we had them once, yes it was part greenies but the majority like all capital cities is the fact that the younger fellas/kids get out there and start to modify or try to improve these trails making them dangerous, instead of joining a community like farkin and finding info on trails and helping out with trail care days and the like, instead they just get out there with a shovel and fuck things up for everyone...yes i have ridden illegal trails (before anyone brings it up) but its the same with dirt jumps in the metro area.Council build them only to have them stuffed up by a few kids with shovels...this is always going to happen and it is the biggest stumbling block besides the greenies and land access....as for mt gravatt, cant see it happening myself, not for dh being legal, they possibly could open it up to mtb but that would more then likely only be more xc trails, and then there would be parking issues

fair call mate, I know where you are coming from.;)

2+ hrs drive each way ...pffft

the truth is , the green population have such a swing here in Brisbane that you will never beat them.

so in order for us to enjoy a healthy, outdoors social event we are moving to Canada where your back door has 100's of well groomed/maintianed trails and they actually welcome bike riding of all types....

ohh hey Puppy... havent chatted for ages ...;)
how ya going binsy:D

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The council doesnt, the greenies do.
Seriously, instead of leaves on the ground we have open dirt. I hate greenies...
Total idiots. We do F*ckall damage to the environment, if the area was being used for something (bushwalking tracks etc...) They might have a point, but its just a hugeass forest... And there are no trees cut down that i can see along the track.
Were getting lobbed into the same category as Moto Riders... Who also should have more tracks around the area.

Last edited:

Air time erik

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seriously, instead of leaves on the ground we have open dirt. I hate greenies...
Total idiots. We do F*ckall damage to the environment, if the area was being used for something (bushwalking tracks etc...) They might have a point, but its just a hugeass forest... And there are no trees cut down that i can see along the track.
Were getting lobbed into the same category as Moto Riders... Who also should have more tracks around the area.
everyone wants wants wants...

I see it like heroin, heroin is illegal, yet they have safty disposal bins all over the place, like in the valley where it occurs the most...This is what clear mountain is like,its not legal, but its there to ride, so everyone doesnt go off and build else where.

thats why it should stay open, if that fails..I say DIG

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think one of the problems is that people confuse us with motos or because they know little about Downhill riding think we do just as much damage to the environment because the downhill bikes look like dirt bikes to the average person.

tumble

Likes Dirt
On a side note..

Some nice gents have put some clean up work in the very top section. I urge everyone who rides Clear to take the effort to walk up the hill, even if its not every run, but if it doesn't get used regularly it keeps getting overgrown.
The switchbacks keep getting better & better & is well worth the effort of pushing up there. Not to mention riding the top section also adds an extra minute or so & more variety onto the run.
Do it, don't be lazy..!

catys

Likes Bikes
national parks permits

guys,i spent 2hrs lookin thru national and state parks web site,they stated that if u have a recational permit u r aloud 2 ride in the national parks and state forest,so why r they tryin 2 fuck us up instead of tellin us that if we perchase a pemit we can still ride our tracks?iam willing to do that if it means i get to ride dayboro again,the track so many of us use to prepare 4 race season or just to have a shit load fun on.

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ha, they sent a bulldozer down the fireroad that the track winds in and out of to make it a bit smoother and fix it up, the track is still intact 100%. Thats a good sign.

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just drove past the drop off area.
Theres been some barriers put up to stop 4wd's going into the forest i presume, so now you can only really park your car sideways along the side of the road.
Probably 2 cars max.

Dangerous as all f*ck aswell. Could've been put a bit further in and had the same effect but nOO!!! :mad:

bunya_mtb

Likes Dirt
Just drove past the drop off area.
Theres been some barriers put up to stop 4wd's going into the forest i presume, so now you can only really park your car sideways along the side of the road.
Probably 2 cars max.

Dangerous as all f*ck aswell. Could've been put a bit further in and had the same effect but nOO!!! :mad:
aww is fisher upset, i park parallel to the road anyway.

timmy0081

Likes Dirt
Some nice gents have put some clean up work in the very top section. I urge everyone who rides Clear to take the effort to walk up the hill, even if its not every run, but if it doesn't get used regularly it keeps getting overgrown.
The switchbacks keep getting better & better & is well worth the effort of pushing up there. Not to mention riding the top section also adds an extra minute or so & more variety onto the run.
Do it, don't be lazy..!
Totally agree! alot of people ive seen riding out there dont even know it exsists.

ITS THE BEST PART OF THE TRACK!

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
rough enough

anyone out there rode this lately?...track report would be nice. :)

punched out numero runs on saturday seeing as dayboro has been demolished, bobcat has driven up the downhill track, all flukked up:mad::(

some jumps have been slightly built up but still punchable, new straightlines in bottom singletrack flukk you up for the original first couple of corners, otherwise track still smoking hot to ride.

binner

Hath shat hymself
good effort

^^^^^ Cheers big fella..........will have to get out there for bit of a blast this Sun seen as though I'm not going to Rockie....:eek:

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lets get this track legalised now !!!

I'm over in NZ (rotorua) at the moment and they can't believe Brisbane doesn't have one legal DH trail.

Bloody hell Redwoods and its jump/berm track is amazing and the Taniwha DH track is something else!

But yes, Hows the whole getting Clear Mtn legalised going?

kym machin

Likes Dirt
Clear Mountain

I rode there on Sunday with a couple of groups of guys. It was a bit wet from last weeks rain but has been cleaned up nicely.e.g lips on jumps, berms and that rail has been moved out the way for shuttles.

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went there on Tuesday and the tracks looking good.

The Amco (might not be what they're called?) barrier has been moved so that you can access the carpark again. :D
I am a happy Chappy.

How would we go about legalizing a track like this? It has "apparently" been in review or whatever by the council for aaaages but nothing has happened.
If we just start shooting off emails it might get the track demolished? :(

binner

Hath shat hymself
Went there on Tuesday and the tracks looking good.

The Amco (might not be what they're called?) barrier has been moved so that you can access the carpark again. :D
I am a happy Chappy.

How would we go about legalizing a track like this? It has "apparently" been in review or whatever by the council for aaaages but nothing has happened.
If we just start shooting off emails it might get the track demolished? :(
just ride it and enjoy it while you can.....leave the emails out of it.;)

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
May be heading this way very shortly.

How is the track at the moment?

Dry as a bone?