Clear Mt Maintenance

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
Hi Fellow DHers went to clear today to see how it handled all the rain we have had. well its not to bad but there is a lot of dirt moved around in spots ohh and the dickhead in there 4x4 have been there again:mad::mad::mad: \

just a heads up
Thanks mate.

Was out there last week (before the rain really started), and the track was looking great, and the lower section is a lot more fun to ride now too. I know I've said it before, but really do appreciate your work.

Had a thought about the top section though - I think the 2nd or 3rd berm after the start of the track (the one that kinda hangs out over the edge of the fire road), looks a little dicey. Not like it was going to collapse or anything, but like it could use something a little extra.

Given the way the corner is situated though would make building it out very difficult. So I thought I would propose that the track regulars (there are a number of us on here), pitch in and look at purchasing some timber and star pickets or similar to make sure that corner stays solid. The guys managed to organise something similar for Oxford Falls down south, so I see no reason why we can't rally and do the same up in here in QLD.

What are people's thoughts on this?

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks mate.

Was out there last week (before the rain really started), and the track was looking great, and the lower section is a lot more fun to ride now too. I know I've said it before, but really do appreciate your work.

Had a thought about the top section though - I think the 2nd or 3rd berm after the start of the track (the one that kinda hangs out over the edge of the fire road), looks a little dicey. Not like it was going to collapse or anything, but like it could use something a little extra.

Given the way the corner is situated though would make building it out very difficult. So I thought I would propose that the track regulars (there are a number of us on here), pitch in and look at purchasing some timber and star pickets or similar to make sure that corner stays solid. The guys managed to organise something similar for Oxford Falls down south, so I see no reason why we can't rally and do the same up in here in QLD.

What are people's thoughts on this?
I think we would need it legalised before any money is invested into this project. If it gets shut down then all of our money would be put to waste.

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
I think we would need it legalised before any money is invested into this project. If it gets shut down then all of our money would be put to waste.
Valid point, but I was under the impression that while Clear isn't "legal" it's well known to the powers that be - so if they wanted to close it down, they could have.

I would also argue that building in some measures to reduce erosion could be viewed as a positive step in reducing the environmental impact, which usually is pleasing to all parties involved.

dog boy

Likes Dirt
Hey guyss it possible to give me a street address or possible directions to the trail im in need of a trail to satisfy me before the opening of mt Joyce as im kinda over mt cootha. I pm'ed cooch but no reply so if someone could put me in the know it would be much appreciated cheers.

Ive pm'ed a few people lately all with no reply, I have a feeling its my pop up blocker or some security setting getting in the way so if you could email it to me at perryatkinson01@hotmail.com that would be awesome thanks.