Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

safreek

OK guys, time to buy a grinder. Have been happy with the grind from the cafe and Merlo for the sunbeam but obviously need a grinder to make the rancilio happy.
Name a good grinder that I can get from a normal sort of shop, not mail order as I want it tomorrow. Only around 300ish.
Betta, good guys, that sort of shop. Cheers

Ackland

chats d'élevage
OK guys, time to buy a grinder. Have been happy with the grind from the cafe and Merlo for the sunbeam but obviously need a grinder to make the rancilio happy.
Name a good grinder that I can get from a normal sort of shop, not mail order as I want it tomorrow. Only around 300ish.
Betta, good guys, that sort of shop. Cheers
See if you can get a Bodum as per my previous post.
It's been good to me so far

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Have a Google and see if there is a local coffee roaster, wholesaler, or service centre that sell gear in your area. You may find that the rancilio is more powerful than a domestic grinder can handle. I dont have any first hand experience with them, just guessing.

safreek

Have a Google and see if there is a local coffee roaster, wholesaler, or service centre that sell gear in your area. You may find that the rancilio is more powerful than a domestic grinder can handle. I dont have any first hand experience with them, just guessing.
Very limited in this area, just bought a breville pro on 2 peoples recommendation. What could go wrong

safreek

OK, all good with the grinder, turns out the grindr app had nothing to do with coffee grinders. One fine fellow did offer to show me how to get maximum extraction from my beans, I declined of course.
Have pretty much sorted the grind for the coffee machine, it seems to make a huge difference with just a fraction more fineness than comes from the basic cafe.
Because of the extra fineness of the grind I have gone to a medium roast as opposed to the normal espresso bean, seem to get a strong brew without the bitterness.
Well done guys, you have done it again, don't mind the grotty old kettle as that's next on the list

Ackland

chats d'élevage
OK, all good with the grinder, turns out the grindr app had nothing to do with coffee grinders. One fine fellow did offer to show me how to get maximum extraction from my beans, I declined of course.
Have pretty much sorted the grind for the coffee machine, it seems to make a huge difference with just a fraction more fineness than comes from the basic cafe.
Because of the extra fineness of the grind I have gone to a medium roast as opposed to the normal espresso bean, seem to get a strong brew without the bitterness.
Well done guys, you have done it again, don't mind the grotty old kettle as that's next on the listView attachment 367402
Love that you've left the packaging on the drip tray.

Don't want that brushed stainless getting coffee on it

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Love that you've left the packaging on the drip tray.

Don't want that brushed stainless getting coffee on it
More like it’s such a fucking pain in the ass trying to pull that film off the stamped and folded stainless that it’s not worth even trying o_O (From experience)

safreek

More like it’s such a fucking pain in the ass trying to pull that film off the stamped and folded stainless that it’s not worth even trying o_O (From experience)
Dead right, I will take it off when it looks real shit, the top was bad enough, still stuck under the screws