Coffs Cutters

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkevthumper

Likes Dirt
hey dozer i was just wondering if we are going to leave the breaking bumps in some of the corners . Some of them are getting really bad so bad they r like small drops nearly
cheers

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
bigkevthumper said:
hey dozer i was just wondering if we are going to leave the breaking bumps in some of the corners . Some of them are getting really bad so bad they r like small drops nearly
cheers
The bumps are awesome! I think the only work that needs doing is some of the berms need to be reshaped.
Any track changes over time and that is a good thing. I wouldn't want to ride the exact same track for 10 years. Changes are good ;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Club day

I can proudly announce that we will be hosting our first downhill club day at Mt Coramba on the 27th August 2006. This event will be a semi official and fairly laid back day. The purpose of the event is to get alot of people together and decide on the direction that the members want the club to go. As we are in our early days with the club, we need the right input from people to get this thing moving.

We will have timing, shuttles and we will get some results for people to talk about, also we'll try and have a BBQ and drinks on hand.

At this stage, the info I can tell you is this: Membership for the club will be very cheap for the first year of us running. To race, you need an MTBA full license or a day license which will be available at the event. This will enable us to get a fair idea of how many keen punters we'll have for our downhill events in its early days. Full face helmets are mandatory and any age, sex, skill level or bike type (dual or hardtail) can race.
Hopefully in the future we will be able to have more Dh racing and social days, XC racing and social days, mountain cross, maintenance days and the usual "just go for a ride" days.

We are basing the heart and soul of this club on member input because we want this club to be for the riders. The money that is raised by the club will be put back into making the riding more enjoyable for members. We are starting this whole thing with fairly limited respources but as we saw with the recent state round, we are positive we can make our club work really well with the input and great people we have in our area.

More details will be posted as I know them but don't forget you can ask any questions at any time and even suggest your ideas whenever you want.

scblack

Leucocholic
So you are separating as such from the club that gave you NO help on the State round?

Good stuff - if I was up there I'd be in with you.:cool:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
scblack said:
So you are separating as such from the club that gave you NO help on the State round?

Good stuff - if I was up there I'd be in with you.:cool:
Correct SC, we are expanding the existing Kempsey Macleay Off Road Cyclists club to cover more of an area on the north coast. Everyone wants to see this happen so it is the logical step.
The name we're working on is MID NORTH COAST OFF ROAD CYCLISTS. That keeps the heritage and heart of the KM club and breathes a bit of northern life into it.
The local cycling club hasn't ever really expressed its interest in MTB events so we're taking the hard work out of it for them so they can concentrate on their road and track racing.
A package that suits everyone.

binner

Hath shat hymself
the goods

...sounds good Dozer, yup boys crew will be there to help ...see you late August for some imput and riding ...I think the kankle is up to the 30 footer.......will be a huge day/weekend....

bigkevthumper

Likes Dirt
DHDozer said:
The bumps are awesome! I think the only work that needs doing is some of the berms need to be reshaped.
Any track changes over time and that is a good thing. I wouldn't want to ride the exact same track for 10 years. Changes are good ;)

Yer i agree now i think about it .
We especially need to do something about the berm just after the little rock garden near the table top . That would have to be the worst one as it has been washed all away .
cheers:)

Sjman

Likes Dirt
Dozer,
how are the logistics of a combined coffs kempsy club going to work. Where will the monthly meeting be held? like if its held in coffs are the kempsy boys going to make a 2hr round trip?? Will a club trailer be built? How many are there from kempsy? Is there going to be a commite? whos going to be in the commite? Whos going to orgainse the race day?

Dont get me wrong im all for a club in coffs. i think it would be the best way to do things for the track and our region and get the locals organised but why do we need to make a combined club with kempsy?

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:

Sjman

Likes Dirt
i Spoke to dozer today and all was explaned. This is going to be good. How good was the ridning today. Have to get some pics up i was stoked we fit 8 in the suzuki and 7 in the trailer. I reckon we could fit 8 and Whos comming up next weekend?? Hey BJ post some pics up of the day in here.

Cheers mike

bigkevthumper

Likes Dirt
Im coming up for sure can i hitch another lift with you again sirjac thanks for the lift this weekend .
This weekend lets try and get as many people up there as posible .

cheers.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Sjman said:
Dozer,
how are the logistics of a combined coffs kempsy club going to work. Where will the monthly meeting be held? like if its held in coffs are the kempsy boys going to make a 2hr round trip?? The club is more than likely shifting its head quarters to Coffs Harbour because we have a bigger member field to service. Meetings will be once every two months I'd say and you know how most meetings go.........Will a club trailer be built? We are working on it now. We will have a decent trailer by the end of the year (a club owned trailer, not one of the members' trailers). How many are there from kempsy? There is about 7 members from Kempsey, some haven't ridden for a while but they will be soon......Is there going to be a commite? whos going to be in the commite? Whos going to orgainse the race day? There will be a committe. Any club has to have one. We have a few people who are already keen for the positions that need filling and they know things that will be beneficial for all the riders. These people will organise and run most of the racing. Member input is the biggest point for us to work with though.

Dont get me wrong im all for a club in coffs. i think it would be the best way to do things for the track and our region and get the locals organised but why do we need to make a combined club with kempsy? We have all recognised the need to promote the mountain biking in Coffs Harbour. We have some cool people here and they love to ride. We need a MTB club, we get along well with the Kempsey guys and they have some good ideas. Rather than starting another club and going through all of the paperwork etc we have agreed to combine with Kempsey and cover a bigger area to give members a bigger feel for a club atmnosphere. We have worked with their club before and loved every minute of it, it is the right way to do it.

Cheers,
Mike
I explained some of the stuff yesty but that might help a bit.....

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
There was a bit of rubbish left laying around that some of you blokes left on the side of the road yesty. You guys were still riding when I left so I hope it was cleaned up. We don't need to give anyone any reason to give us an earful for riding there so please be responsible guys.
Wasn't the track awesome yesty!! Grip city.....

Sjman

Likes Dirt
lads

riding sunday gotta try and fit more dudes in the sierra and altleast another bike. Should try and do some more timed runs aswell. Mabye crossly might stay on his bike this time lmao

Last edited:

reej

Likes Dirt
hahah cwozzo was still laying in the bush helpless about 10 mins later. everyone finished their timed run and cwozz was still dead in the bush.hah.
yeh dozer with the joint club with kempsey will we have a club day at their track once every couple of months?? i know it may seem hard to get down but mikes got the club trailer happening and we have some dedicted parents to get the rest down there. instead of mt cormaba all the time. race kempy track once or twice a year.
but ill guess we'll have to wait and get coffs crackin first.

Sjman

Likes Dirt
Club trip

im going to go out on a limb here and suggest a club trip. mabye hit stromlo and thredbo etc this summer or the next mabye a day and summernats:D i know its early days but it would take a while to organise

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
We are definetly going to ride other tracks. We will also be doing cross country and hopefully mountain cross. It will take some time and patience but we'll get there boys!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.