Confessions from the fuckwits

sbm

Likes Bikes
A friend was back in town and keen to go for a ride, so he borrowed an old hardtail from his dad, which also came with a dorky saddlebag. He threw everything in the dorky saddlebag and off we went.

Get to the end of the loop...turns out he forgot to do up the zipper. iPhone is gone. He heads off again, hoping that it might be on the trail not too far from the start. And he totally found it, still working, a few hundred meters down the trail! Lucky dude.

That's pretty fuckwitted but my fuckwittery is that, I'd taken my gloves and kneepads off in the heat and hung them over a bench to dry them a bit, and in all the drama I completely forgot them when we finally packed up and headed off. Gooooone.

They were Fox enduro pads though, so no great loss really.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Decided to be a tightarse and patch a tube..... 3 separate pinches so far. Have 4 new tubes in a box 2m from me but now I have started need to finish the job.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
What are tubes?

I've got some 12AX7 and EL84s in my guitar amp... but in Oz we call them valves

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
What are tubes?
Shagged rear tyre...... my local night ride takes a bit of bitumen climbing to get to the beginning of the dirt so I figured it could take me. Once I had it on and beaded (TR rims with TR tyres) I had the shits and didn't bother going. Extra fuckwitness is there is a spare 27.5 wheel set sitting in the hallway I could've grabbed.

Last edited:

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Wife's bike back from plane travel I put pedals back on obviously not tight enough.
She rides along " Darl my foot is wobbly "
Bugger right pedal is half out of the nice Race Face crank and has chewed up most of the alloy thread.
Fortunately the Albury Bike Culture can put in a steel crank insert=done it before, has the taps phewww!!!!

Olie1584

Likes Dirt
Running late for work this morning, grabbed shoes; instantly remembered there was a screw missing from one of the Spd plates. Sheeeet.

So I did the obvious thing and decided to change the pedals to flats... with a drill + hex bit.

First one was a 2 second success, the second one I did from the same side under the BB. It was a bit of a prick left handed, but eventually the thread lined up and I gave the drill full stick.

Whhhhhiiiizzzzzzzzz. Grip. Wrist into chainring at 100kph.

Freeking blood and chain lube everywhere.

What a great start to the week.

moorey

call me Mia
Had a small job to do in the shed with super glue. Put it in my pocket so as not to lose it. 2 hours later, I'm inside, doing something else.....whats that wet feeling on my leg? Nothing probably.....soon after.....why are my dickies (fnarr fnarr) stuck to my leg? GAH!!!
Got them off...eventually.... but shorts totally farked....

Flow-Rider

Burner
Had a small job to do in the shed with super glue. Put it in my pocket so as not to lose it. 2 hours later, I'm inside, doing something else.....whats that wet feeling on my leg? Nothing probably.....soon after.....why are my dickies (fnarr fnarr) stuck to my leg? GAH!!!
Got them off...eventually.... but shorts totally farked....
That's a funny one, almost funnier than my next door neighbour's kids deciding to superglue their thumbs together.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I haven't had an entry in here for a while, and it isn't particularly major but inconvenient!

Putting new forks onto one of the bikes. They have a tapered steerer where as the predecessor was a straight 1 1/8. I went and forgot about using one of those fancy new headsets that can switch between steerer sizes just by changing the crown race.

Then of course the press just didn't want to cooperate with putting it all back in...Lucky I have a hammer.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ever have a part on the bike that seems shagged so you buy a new one
And whilst reading the destructions you have a chuckle because their picture shows they've installed it wrong
Cos the way it's set up on your bike is the right way
Because you did it
Then the penny drops

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Cos the way it's set up on your bike is the right way
Because you did it
Then the penny drops
Just as long as it isn't brake pads.

It is just like Ikea - if you don't have a few spare parts by the end then you have done something wrong....... Errrr.......

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had some near misses on other brake parts but not pads

It's the cleats on some time pedals, I thought they were acting up clipping in & out because the cleats were 2yrs old and pretty gouged. Turns out they were backwards on the shoe, not the old left right switcheroo which is fine, but a proper 180deg round the wrong way. I've been switching between 3 sets of shoes and at some point it must have happened.

At least I have a spare set of pedals now, and were only $20 more than the cleats by themselves.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've had some near misses on other brake parts but not pads

It's the cleats on some time pedals, I thought they were acting up clipping in & out because the cleats were 2yrs old and pretty gouged. Turns out they were backwards on the shoe, not the old left right switcheroo which is fine, but a proper 180deg round the wrong way. I've been switching between 3 sets of shoes and at some point it must have happened.

At least I have a spare set of pedals now, and were only $20 more than the cleats by themselves.
There's no fuckwittery in accruing supplies for the future. Especially when such good deals are available.