Confessions from the fuckwits

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
All good, just shoot me a message if you're in the area. It's my local so am there some weekdays and most weekends.
Nice local, was my first time there yesterday but I enjoyed the place, I'll be back this w/e. (I really don't need to test ride any more bikes, not sure how I'd sneak another past the keeper)

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is a good one...

Got some knee pads for the Derby trip. Tried the left one only (coz it said L on the tag at the top where my Fox ones say left or right) and it fit so all good.

Get down there, go to put them on and notice both pads say L on them. I start swearing; mother fucker has sold me two left ones, what a dumb runt, how hard is it to post out the correct thing and so on.

Mate looks over and says "wouldn't be the size label would it?"

:mod::wacko::frusty:

moorey

call me Mia
This is a good one...

Got some knee pads for the Derby trip. Tried the left one only (coz it said L on the tag at the top where my Fox ones say left or right) and it fit so all good.

Get down there, go to put them on and notice both pads say L on them. I start swearing; mother fucker has sold me two left ones, what a dumb runt, how hard is it to post out the correct thing and so on.

Mate looks over and says "wouldn't be the size label would it?"

:mod::wacko::frusty:
I thought the M and L was men's and ladies....they often have fatter legs.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought some olives and barbs to shorten the hoses on two sets of brakes. Life got away for a while and this morning I spent about an hour looking for the damn things. Little plastic baggie with them in has vanished. The workspace is tidier, but suspect I'm going to have to go and buy some more to find the ones I already have.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I seem to have lost half of my Topeak Alien II multi-tool.

The one my girlfriend got me for my birthday.

*sigh*

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
This may end up in its own thread because I think I need some help but;

Bought a shiny new (old) Yeti as-x with the idea of turning it into an am bike for the wife. Ditched the heavy wheels + forks + shock and went about getting replacements. Forks go on hassle free, wheels picked up and bolted up, grabbed a new shock for the tracer and went to stick the tsrc on the Yeti - ROADBLOCK

fark, the shock shaft starts too close to the bolt and doesn't clear the linkage!

What the hell do I do? It's possible an offset bushing might sort it, but that's no guarantee and thatll get the bb even further off the ground which I don't want. I could run it without the linkage, it'll work but then I have no doubt the rear wheel will scrub the frame. I could stick on the original shock, but that thing feels like a solid 5kg of coil which won't motivate the wife to go out riding much.

Any ideas?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
This may end up in its own thread because I think I need some help but;

Bought a shiny new (old) Yeti as-x with the idea of turning it into an am bike for the wife. Ditched the heavy wheels + forks + shock and went about getting replacements. Forks go on hassle free, wheels picked up and bolted up, grabbed a new shock for the tracer and went to stick the tsrc on the Yeti - ROADBLOCK

fark, the shock shaft starts too close to the bolt and doesn't clear the linkage!

What the hell do I do? It's possible an offset bushing might sort it, but that's no guarantee and thatll get the bb even further off the ground which I don't want. I could run it without the linkage, it'll work but then I have no doubt the rear wheel will scrub the frame. I could stick on the original shock, but that thing feels like a solid 5kg of coil which won't motivate the wife to go out riding much.

Any ideas?

Offsets will only buy you 2mm if 8mm shock bolt. 3 if 6mm.
What was the stock shock? Any different fitted backwards?

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Might as well post this here. I've managed to break the only thing you can't buy a spare of for a reverb stealth, this thing -

don't try and short cut a service guys, i mangled the soft aluminium nut :sad:

moorey

call me Mia
Might as well post this here. I've managed to break the only thing you can't buy a spare of for a reverb stealth, this thing -

don't try and short cut a service guys, i mangled the soft aluminium nut :sad:
Dead reverb is a blessing in disguise. Full points.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Offsets will only buy you 2mm if 8mm shock bolt. 3 if 6mm.
What was the stock shock? Any different fitted backwards?
Originally a 5th element coil, much longer eyelet on it. Its 6mm bolts but still not convinced 3mm would achieve anything. And fitting it backwards achieves nothing, same deal unfortunately

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
This guy did it it seems, looks like either a custom linkage or longer eyelet shock....

Ta mate, I'll keep an eye out for air shocks with a longer eyelet.

Actually, while I'm on it, any reason not to use a 200mm shock instead of the 215? I'd like it a little lower but not sure if this would create more problems than it solves...

moorey

call me Mia
Ta mate, I'll keep an eye out for air shocks with a longer eyelet.

Actually, while I'm on it, any reason not to use a 200mm shock instead of the 215? I'd like it a little lower but not sure if this would create more problems than it solves...

I'm using a 216 instead of a 222 on the old Orange. Its lost about 1" in travel, but improved the old geo.
I recall skinnier shafted shocks....but probably not in the sizes you want.