Confessions from the fuckwits

Mr Crudley

Eats Squid
I used to put the remote control in the back of the car so I have to get out and then get a memory jolt or see that bikes are on the roof. It is so easy to forget.

moorey

Pagophagic
I used to put the remote control in the back of the car so I have to get out and then get a memory jolt or see that bikes are on the roof. It is so easy to forget.
La de da...garage, mr French man. What’s wrong with a car hole?

More mates do this on a carport than garage, to be fair.

pink poodle

Clinically Inane
Wrong again. Stop trying to claim famous people as "one of you".
RIP

Anyhow, while we are at it, this is kind of cool.

I thought this sucked. I'm not into the Vader fanboi bs that seems to generating a long line of people wanting to give a dark wristy. It seemed to totally erode the gravity of the original confrontation.

Anyway back to regular broadcasting...

Not my axle bolt, one of my friend's last night while jibbing around the harbour.

Attachments

Mr Crudley

Eats Squid
La de da...garage, mr French man. What’s wrong with a car hole?

More mates do this on a carport than garage, to be fair.
The house with garage is gone along with a bunch of other stuff. I just don't trust myself to break convient habits like that.

I have a towball mount rack now and carport. All is fine until I get rear ended.

Garages are the schnizzer, I miss it now.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Zaf

Gearbox Frother
I thought this sucked. I'm not into the Vader fanboi bs that seems to generating a long line of people wanting to give a dark wristy. It seemed to totally erode the gravity of the original confrontation.

Anyway back to regular broadcasting...
I wanted to say something similar but, rare for me, I didn't want to stray off topic for too long. It's something they don't understand in the new movies either. All of the lightsaber fights in the original Trilogy are linked with emotional confrontations and are an extension of that struggle, two old friends meeting, a father testing his son, a son trying to save his father.
There's also this image of lightsaber being a Jedi's weapon and tied to how strong they are with the force. Luke can barely use the thing in the first movie, trains and trains and trains and then gets his arse kicked in the second film, and it's not until the third that we finally see him competently swinging it around. Do the fights from EpI-III look great? Yeah, they kinda do, but they don't have the gravity that the EpIV-VI do, and they still hold true to the established theme that it's only Jedi's and people who have mastered the force that know how to use them. The only time in the other films you see a non-jedi use them is when Han cuts open the Taun Taun.

Skip ahead a little; Rey picks up a lightsaber for the first time and dispatches a Sith Lord within five minutes and some dropkick ex-stormtrooper can swing one around about as well. I honestly thought, in the The Force Awakens during the forest fight when the lightsaber got force pulled from the snow it was going to be the Luke's entrance. It even made sense as a callback to Hoth's ice cave, and would have made far more sense from the perspective that he would show up in a time of great desperation.

TL;DR only half of the Star Wars films have been any good, and everything Disney has done has been atrocious.

On topic, I rounded out the 6mm hex bolt on my Nicolai axle when it bound in after making an adjustment to the dropouts. Spare ordered, luckily it has a 17mm outer interface, but at the moment if I slash the rear tyre I don't carry a tool on the bike to get my rear wheel out. So gotta keep it to dynaplug sized punctures.

pink poodle

Clinically Inane
True @Zaf. They look like a bunch of peeps pinging and playing g with glow sticks or giant neon dildos. Enough said...there's a thread for this kind of shit talking.

Eat a neon dick about your axle. It sounds like these German feats of engineering really don't like you.

Reactions: Zaf

Zaf

Gearbox Frother
Thoughts on dynaplug - is it as useful as they claim?
Got to use one on a mates bike last Monday and it was as @Tubbsy said, advertised and simple. Straight in and out with job done, did fiddle with the idea of using the blade to cut of some of the excess, but the flies were unreal so we just left it.
A few of the guys have been using the bacon strips, they did note the simplicity of the dynaplug spike entry, little less fiddly.

Eat a neon dick about your axle. It sounds like these German feats of engineering really don't like you.
That one was more my fault. I did feel it was tight and then undid all the sliding dropout bolts so that there was float in the system, but it had jsut bound up in a weird way that even that slack didn't resolve. There have been some unforeseen struggles with the ownership, but in the end, rounging out the bolt was my fault, not the engineering's. Also...how many people who have rounded out an axle have a 17mm backup?!

Tubbsy

quadragenarian
Staff member
I did it with the tyre basically fully inflated (was a slow leak), and there was pretty much no air loss at all during the procedure.

I think it works better in this situation as the sealant joins the party right away; I've yet to try it with a bigger hole on a deflated tyre. Mine wasn't near a sidewall, not sure how it would go there.

DMan

Top Bloke
Thoughts on dynaplug - is it as useful as they claim?
I unfortunately had no luck. Wasn't a big hole, but too big for Stans. I plugged it but still couldn't get it to seal with stans.. But I'd still rather have it than not and I carry a tube as well anyway.