Confessions from the fuckwits

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Back in the day riding road bikes with actual toe clips & leather straps & locked in shoe interface...I may have tumbled at traffic lights more than once, lying there like an inverted turtle trying to reach down & loosen the straps.

I always found it a fine line too with how tight to make them...too tight & your feet would go numb.

This is a pic of me when I was not so fit:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Back in the day riding road bikes with actual toe clips & leather straps & locked in shoe interface...I may have tumbled at traffic lights more than once, lying there like an inverted turtle trying to reach down & loosen the straps.

I always found it a fine line too with how tight to make them...too tight & your feet would go numb.

This is a pic of me when I was not so fit:

Is that @Haakon behind you?

BENH

Squid
Quick recap for those plating at home so i drove bike into garage roof some good fellas on here say put some sort of reminder etc you have bike on the roof in garage...so i am Going through the shed and found 2 of these that got delivered and the wife never told due to some anger at the time. Should be a good reminder about the bike

Attachments

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
So thought I'd give clipless pedals a go. Bought some Mallets and 5 ten Kestrals. .

Was told balancing in a doorway was a good way to practice clipping in and out.
All good for a while until I got distracted by my 4 year old standing there talking at me. Unclip one foot successfully, other foot somehow forgot I was clipped in, bike rolls forward bit, I go down like a bag of shit into the book case in the office. Knock a bunch of nicknacks off the top, smack my ear and damaged my pride.
I look up and my 4 year old has such a look of disappointment on her face. Some how she instinctively knew I was a fuckwit.

I crashed my bike and hadn't even left the house.
see what happens when you buy a crank brothers product?!?!? :rolleyes:

safreek

So thought I'd give clipless pedals a go. Bought some Mallets and 5 ten Kestrals. .

Was told balancing in a doorway was a good way to practice clipping in and out.
All good for a while until I got distracted by my 4 year old standing there talking at me. Unclip one foot successfully, other foot somehow forgot I was clipped in, bike rolls forward bit, I go down like a bag of shit into the book case in the office. Knock a bunch of nicknacks off the top, smack my ear and damaged my pride.
I look up and my 4 year old has such a look of disappointment on her face. Some how she instinctively knew I was a fuckwit.

I crashed my bike and hadn't even left the house.
Yeah, I did similar so feel your dented pride, I tried the wheelie from the lounge room to the deck, clipped the coffee table with a pedal and handlebars hit the television, broken TV wasn't the worst part, grandson wasn't all that impressed, same look, fuckwit

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah, I did similar so feel your dented pride, I tried the wheelie from the lounge room to the deck, clipped the coffee table with a pedal and handlebars hit the television, broken TV wasn't the worst part, grandson wasn't all that impressed, same look, fuckwit
Ahahaha!!!! Legend.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Gently wiggle the floor pump head off the valve instead of pulling hard and smacking the back of your hand on the edge of the disc. Luckily it was a blunt edge because it hit right on the big vein. Rotorbruise!

Many SPD incidents getting stuck, and sometimes unstuck at the wrong time.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Went for a nice paced cruise at my local attempting no dabs in the tech. Got 25 min in before having to unclip so was pretty happy. Completed the 40 min loop with only 1 more.
Meet another local at the exit and stop for a chat. Suddenly the sound of a 4 stroke breaks the tranquil Bush sounds. It’s a local numpty who everyone (walkers, Neighbours, council & cops) despise and have been trying to identify. We decide to give chase and see if we can get a photo or video.

Confession 1 I clip in and power up to the gate at the entrance put my wheel straight into an Big off camber root and down I go, the biggest full body dab I’ve ever had.

Confession 2 Get up quick and give chase to see the guy coming at us out of the single track roosting the whole way. Phone out hit record tracking him the whole way as he passes....

TIP don’t wear gloves while trying to use a phone!

Any hints for repairing chipped and flaking carbon brake levers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Went for a nice paced cruise at my local attempting no dabs in the tech. Got 25 min in before having to unclip so was pretty happy. Completed the 40 min loop with only 1 more.
Meet another local at the exit and stop for a chat. Suddenly the sound of a 4 stroke breaks the tranquil Bush sounds. It’s a local numpty who everyone (walkers, Neighbours, council & cops) despise and have been trying to identify. We decide to give chase and see if we can get a photo or video.

Confession 1 I clip in and power up to the gate at the entrance put my wheel straight into an Big off camber root and down I go, the biggest full body dab I’ve ever had.

Confession 2 Get up quick and give chase to see the guy coming at us out of the single track roosting the whole way. Phone out hit record tracking him the whole way as he passes....

TIP don’t wear gloves while trying to use a phone!

Any hints for repairing chipped and flaking carbon brake levers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could you bog it up with resin? Like doing a surfboard repair.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk