Confessions from the fuckwits

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Ok, here we go.

Working on the cracked Transition in the carport yesterday, stripping parts to put on the Rune.
Felix asks for a ride to Nerrina to meet a mate for a ride. Quinn will be fine alone for an hour.
Jump in ute, away we go.
Drop him off, and 1/2 way home (30 minutes each way) he calls that he’s found an injured possum. I drive back, help catch it, and let him get back to riding.
45 minutes on the phone trying to find a place to take it. All closed, not answering, or directing me to a woman who also isn’t answering.
Decide to take it to riding mates vet practice. Big down pour on the way. Deep bluestone gutters in front of his practice under water and I can’t see the concrete ramp. I’ve come the wrong way down one way street in a rush, and cars coming other way.
I guess where driveway is...nope. Slam front wheel off side into sharp gutter, destroying tyre immediately.
Roll Ute into a park, drop off possum, come back to change tyre. Pouring rain again, shitty Jack won’t lift high enough to fit spare.
Chock it up, try again, fit tyre and head home to Quinn. It’s now been 2.5h.
Hey home, dry off, go to work on bike again...my 2 best sets of Allen keys and FIIK what else had been left on bull bar when I drove Felix in.
Go driving to find tools on road.
Can’t find.
$470 for 2 new tyres.
$70+ worth of Allen keys. More when I remember what else.

Possum put down anyway.
But you still get 20,000,000 good karma points to save for another day.

Cropduster

Likes Dirt
So i'm suddenly filled with enthusiasm to ride again after a hiatus.....

This morning, 0500 up and out the door with my bike, Camelbak with water, breakfast, tools spare tube tools etc....

About the halfway mark of a 18k loop i know and used to ride a lot i get a flat, even with stans tubeless i tear the sidewall and it's not going to seal, so i stop to install a tube so i can get home....

This is where my Fuckwittery reaches epic proportions.... determined to make sure i'm prepared i check my tools last night, ensuring i have everything i need........ unfortunately i replaced the quick release axles with allen key flush fit axles and guess what.... i don't have the size i need to get the axle out.

What a fuckwit! no one around, anywhere so i'm faced with lugging my bike on my shoulder for about 8kays back to my ute, i just got home, i'm knackered the bike is in the corner and i need beer.....

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
The young fella is complaining about the front brake on his school bike, and yes looks like contaminated pads and a glazed rotor. Toss the pads, remove the rotor, clean the caliber and check for oil leaks - all good. Give the rotor a good degrease and de-glazing with wet and dry - about 20 minutes of effort. Looks schmick.

Get the new pads out and figure I ought to give everything a hit with WD40 brake cleaner before reassembly to be safe. Do I need to wipe the excess off I ask myself, and proceed to check the instructions on the spray can... wait, this is WD40 silicon lube. Fuckwit.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The young fella is complaining about the front brake on his school bike, and yes looks like contaminated pads and a glazed rotor. Toss the pads, remove the rotor, clean the caliber and check for oil leaks - all good. Give the rotor a good degrease and de-glazing with wet and dry - about 20 minutes of effort. Looks schmick.

Get the new pads out and figure I ought to give everything a hit with WD40 brake cleaner before reassembly to be safe. Do I need to wipe the excess off I ask myself, and proceed to check the instructions on the spray can... wait, this is WD40 silicon lube. Fuckwit.
Oh that’s gold. Good luck cleaning now.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Bought another frame today.
It’s the same as one I already have and don’t ride.

It’s an orange.
I bought a 29er version of a bike I already own if its any consolation...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I bought a 29er version of a bike I already own if its any consolation...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
That bike was teasing me for too long, thank christ you bought it. Redrawing from a mortgage for a bike is no good.