Confessions from the fuckwits

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I decided to take out my other bike to the You Yangs today that I had been using on the trainer, the seat was creaking a bit I thought it might be the seat rails. After about 5K’s it feels like the nose of the saddle seams a little high so I get to the top of the next hill I decided to adjust it, it’s a Thompson post so I just back off the back bolt and tighten the front one yes I know what a fuckwit. I hear another creak then crack and the front of my saddle pops up, turns out the creaking wasn’t the rails but the front bolt which is now in two pieces :mad:
Ok I’m not walking back to the car and as we just started I’m not wasting the drive here, so my mate and I start looking at what bolts we can pinch to replace it. No luck so out come the cable ties, three cable ties later I am up and going again we then ride another 40K’s with no issues other than some creaking :rolleyes:
I also noticed when faffing about the top plate for the seatpost was back to front, which may have not helped the situation or may have caused it.
See below for our Macgver trail side repairs, we stopped at the car park so I could trim cable tiesView attachment 371307View attachment 371308
All I got out of that was 40km at Youies today. We did 26 and I'm about ready to go to the hospital! o_O

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
@fjohn860 tells me his watch stopped recording roughly 2/3rds of the way into the ride and we actually did ~35km.

I think he's just being nice - but I'll take it! :p Was a nice day and trails were running great, I was just dying in the sun. Still had a good day, and even rode Boulder which I haven't been down in a couple of years. Really need to re-learn the good lines down it, but wasn't as sketchy as I remembered (fortunately).

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
@fjohn860 tells me his watch stopped recording roughly 2/3rds of the way into the ride and we actually did ~35km.

I think he's just being nice - but I'll take it! Was a nice day and trails were running great, I was just dying in the sun. Still had a good day, and even rode Boulder which I haven't been down in a couple of years. Really need to re-learn the good lines down it, but wasn't as sketchy as I remembered (fortunately).
Yep about 35k, then I was the fuckwit who couldn't say no when the missus wanted to ride into town late that afternoon (I felt guilty for spending so much time at YY).

Sad, pityful and dying is pretty close to the sort of words I would use for how I was feeling at the end of that 19k ride

tobbogonist

a registered member
Purchased a cheapish torque wrench without reading the discription, only has 3 present levels and doesn't fit what I need.
Usefull to have around I guess.. would have been nice if i wasnt a cheapskate and just bought that one that hangs about 3 metres away from my work desk.. what with staff discount it is only 30 bucks more and I can walk out the door with it at the end of my shift.. which i will be doing tomorrow.. anyway.
I will file this memory under 'pop up at 11.30 at night when he's trying to get to sleep'.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Purchased a cheapish torque wrench without reading the discription, only has 3 present levels and doesn't fit what I need.
Usefull to have around I guess.. would have been nice if i wasnt a cheapskate and just bought that one that hangs about 3 metres away from my work desk.. what with staff discount it is only 30 bucks more and I can walk out the door with it at the end of my shift.. which i will be doing tomorrow.. anyway.
I will file this memory under 'pop up at 11.30 at night when he's trying to get to sleep'.
You can't return the useless one?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Maybe you can use it to perform a 3 point calibration on your wrist?

Minlak

custom titis
Took a hatchet to a chainsaw fight....

My memory told me the tree was only as thick as my arm.

After much sweating, swearing and huffing and puffing I got it done.

It's the end result that counts though I guess.
Next time remember it as penis sized and you will bring a bigger tool

Mr Adonis

Likes Bikes
My crappy old hard tail i just ride to work - cheap, and does the job...
I had some Specialized Fast Tracks, 29 x2.0 on it - light and fast rolling, but was getting punctures probably once per month.
Anyway, I decided to buy some puncture resistant tyres, 700 x 45 Freedom Scorchers, $19 each.
Put them on - f@ck me.......Bike felt like a brick - so SLOW and HEAVY.
I should have checked the weight first before buying them.....
Fast Tracks were 600g, Freedom Scorchers 1.2kg per tyre.
After 3 rides, put the Fast tracks back on - yeah, 600g extra per tyre makes a MASSIVE difference.