Confessions from the fuckwits

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Well, driving the car around, the low coolant light comes on. Hrm strange, let's fill it up a bit and see how it goes. Driving around for a month, all seems good.. but then finally the light comes on again. Damn, must be a leak somewhere. I do a bit of Internet research, turns out it's somewhat common for the plastic parts and seals in the V of the engine to let go around this time in their life... estimated repair cost is around $1800-2500... not because it's difficult but simply because it takes ages.

So I decide to attempt the fix myself. Order the parts from Europe, they arrive under 2 weeks later and one Saturday I start the job. It's going well, parts are stacking up on the garage floor. OK, now remove the fuel pressure sensor from the fuel rail. Hrm, needs a 27mm. I don't have a ring spanner that size, so I try the shifter... nope, it feels shit so I don't even bother. Dodged being a f-wit! Woo me. Ok, let's try the deep 27mm socket I have... fits sorta OK, let's send it. Grunt, heave, twist, crack. And not the good sort of crack, of a tight bolt coming loose. More the crack of a plastic housing saying farewell to it's home. Sigh.

I carry on, get the job done over a couple of weeks. Bolt it all back up, order a new sensor from Europe (cos they're $300+ here) and fit it up. Start the motor, it starts! But the CEL (check engine light) comes on and stays on :( Scan the codes, no fuel pressure. Fuck. OK, so when I broke the original sensor the top came off revealing 3 tangs and 3 little springs making the connection. I lose one of the springs, but I dodgey something up with wire, put the sensor together and test it with the multimeter. Woo, it works! Superglue the fucker together, fit it to the car and the bastard runs, no CEL. Damn. So somehow the brand new sensor doesn't like the engine. So now I'm about to get bent over and enjoy the Australia tax on a new sensor.

Tally: massive f-wit points to me for owning a VW in the first place.

but bonus points for using an ill-fitting tool and snapping the top off an expensive sensor.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Posting on behalf of the fuckwit that stole a mates bike on Sunday.

Happened around the corner from my place at 5am on Sunday. Mate road around to another friends place to go on a ride. House is a rear block, so has a long driveway up from the road. Eats a muesli bar while waiting for friend and then wonders inside to put the wrapper in the bin. His bike is at the front door, which is open, and the area is well lit and covered by security cameras. The fcukwit was obviously scoping places at the time, and in the 15sec mate was inside, the fuckwit rides up the driveway on a beater, dumps his metal bar and torch and rides off with mates bike. All this captured on security video; amazing to see how brazen the guy was with the front door open and overlooking the bike.

Mate sees movement as he’s walking back and runs out to see the guy riding off. Police report etc is made.

Turns out fuckwit lives 3 houses down and didn’t think there would be an issue in riding the bike around the local area. Neighbour that had been shown the videos spotted the fuckwit riding it yesterday, police were called, and bike returned (albeit with some fresh scratches and a missing Garmin). I’m disappointed I wasn’t the one to spot him as it would have saved the police a call out (they don’t attend fatal beatings do they?).
I have been warned against retrieving my own stolen bikes by the police.

What a fuckwit. I hope he gets a nice long stay in a correctional facility with a shared cell.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I have been warned against retrieving my own stolen bikes by the police.

What a fuckwit. I hope he gets a nice long stay in a correctional facility with a shared cell.
I’d say he’s going to cop a fine he won’t pay. Hopefully he’s dumb enough to break into the bikies house around the corner.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
yE s.

Also, I’m sure bike theft will result in jail time.
I think I may have the most experience in this area and I'm surprised the cops even gave enough fucks to get the bike back. I've had them flat out refuse to retrieve a couple of mine when I have reported the location etc once I've found them.

While unlikely to receive even a stern talking to for stealing a bike, if there are other charges associated with the return of the bike chances improve. Maybe they found a bag of meth or there are a bunch of outstanding warrants for the perp?

Either way we can dream.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I think I may have the most experience in this area and I'm surprised the cops even gave enough fucks to get the bike back. I've had them flat out refuse to retrieve a couple of mine when I have reported the location etc once I've found them.

While unlikely to receive even a stern talking to for stealing a bike, if there are other charges associated with the return of the bike chances improve. Maybe they found a bag of meth or there are a bunch of outstanding warrants for the perp?

Either way we can dream.
The meth addiction will get them partly off the hook for sure, a mate of mine was fatally stabbed by one and claimed they were on drugs and had a plethora of undiagnosed illnesses from the drug use, 5 years later out of jail and with their family again.