Confessions from the fuckwits

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I find nothing - nothing - shits me off faster than computers / phones / internet not working as advertised. I could spend hours troubleshooting an issue on a bike or riding with a persistent problem and it'd be lucky to illicit one profanity. SharePoint temporarily f***s out on my computer and I'm ready to take a cricket bat to it within 20 seconds.
Without getting into the tedious mac/pc thing, this is why I changed to a Mac at home many many years ago. It ain't perfect, but the blood pressure inducing problems are significantly fewer...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Updated to windows 10, years ago on a PC and then it got stuck on a startup loop. I tried to reverse it and it crashed the system. Rang the local computer geek and he picks the PC up and a week later tells me it's cactus, nothing he can do to repair it, and I'll build you a new system, blah, blah. I tell him to bring it back and I'll think about it, I still have a laptop I can use. The drive on the laptop failed a few years later and I thought fuck this I'll give the PC a crack as it was a fairly new system when it failed. The PC fires up and is stuck on the startup loop again, I look online for info and manage to fix it in a day, still on windows 7 which is a pain if you want to run current programs but bugger all problems.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
I find nothing - nothing - shits me off faster than computers / phones / internet not working as advertised. I could spend hours troubleshooting an issue on a bike or riding with a persistent problem and it'd be lucky to illicit one profanity. SharePoint temporarily f***s out on my computer and I'm ready to take a cricket bat to it within 20 seconds.
The one thing that's reliable about Shitpoint is that it always makes you angry...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The one thing that's reliable about Shitpoint is that it always makes you angry...
We have to use it exclusively as our file storage and management system at work, or a custom system based on it and using a browser access it. Fecking nightmare and relies on people adding correct metadata to files every time. lols...

I just end up with a lot of folders on my desktop instead....

But now we are changing to a new department and just got told all our files will come with to a new system, but none of the metadata will follow them so theyre going to be dumped in one big bucket and we need to sort them out ourselves. Feeling pretty vindicated for using folders on my desktop!!

Also got told they'll only migrate the last 6 months of our emails too.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Ahhhhh data management. I was involved in a big gov SharePoint roll out once. I think it is still going.
Some contractor is manually renaming every file at some scandalous rate as they need to be a CPA and IT qualified before they can be let loose on the software.

Had this early last decade with what’s now know as Infor’s SunSystems. Some contractor was paid $450 an hour to manually repair database entires because admin staff from the mid 2000’s had entered product descriptions incorrectly and in wrong fields.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Some contractor is manually renaming every file at some scandalous rate as they need to be a CPA and IT qualified before they can be let loose on the software.

Had this early last decade with what’s now know as Infor’s SunSystems. Some contractor was paid $450 an hour to manually repair database entires because admin staff from the mid 2000’s had entered product descriptions incorrectly and in wrong fields.
It would be soul crushing work but at least you could use the excess brain power you're not using to count up the money you're making.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Double header. Not bike related.

so I’m redoing the bedroom. Wardrobes, new trims, paint etc.
I spend a good couple of hours painting the really annoying and intricate cornice by brush and rolled the ceiling with ceiling white.
Next night after work, tired I put the final coat of ceiling white on and pat myself on the back.
This morning I wake up, look at the ceiling and wonder why it looks so patchy and whiter than it should.
I go out to the garage and see the tin I used the night before. It’s undercoat.
looks like I’ll be doing a THIRD bloody coat on that ceiling and cornice.

Also…

So today I’m at an install and I’d forgotten my earmuffs and was using a gas nailer in a small space. No problem. Grab some bog roll and stick it in my ears. Looks silly but gets the job done.
shortly after, I realise I’m supposed to be at a quote around the corner for a nice chunky job I’d like to get.
jump in the car, fly to the place and knock on the door. Customer lets me in and says hi etc but is looking at me strange. After a few minutes she asks if there’s something wrong with my ears.
bloody hell. I’d forgotten to pull out my makeshift earmuffs as I was in such a huffy.

Facepalm…

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Double header. Not bike related.

so I’m redoing the bedroom. Wardrobes, new trims, paint etc.
I spend a good couple of hours painting the really annoying and intricate cornice by brush and rolled the ceiling with ceiling white.
Next night after work, tired I put the final coat of ceiling white on and pat myself on the back.
This morning I wake up, look at the ceiling and wonder why it looks so patchy and whiter than it should.
I go out to the garage and see the tin I used the night before. It’s undercoat.
looks like I’ll be doing a THIRD bloody coat on that ceiling and cornice.

Also…

So today I’m at an install and I’d forgotten my earmuffs and was using a gas nailer in a small space. No problem. Grab some bog roll and stick it in my ears. Looks silly but gets the job done.
shortly after, I realise I’m supposed to be at a quote around the corner for a nice chunky job I’d like to get.
jump in the car, fly to the place and knock on the door. Customer lets me in and says hi etc but is looking at me strange. After a few minutes she asks if there’s something wrong with my ears.
bloody hell. I’d forgotten to pull out my makeshift earmuffs as I was in such a huffy.

Facepalm…
Use new loo paper next time.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Got that exact job to do today on a 35sq metre ceiling, only a small patch where an aircon vent was moved.
I'm 90% sure what ceiling paint was used in this room... fingers crossed or I will be up for a full ceiling too.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I used to use Tapatalk exclusively for RB, but tend to use the RB website these days and the one thing I've always missed from Tapatalk was the ability to press the double arrows at the bottom and get to the last (or first) thread post.

I only just realised the same button is on the web page too.

It's just generally camo'd because of the background image. FUCKWIT.

<massive facepalm>

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I've never used or seen them before.

Usually accessing here on a PC, I can see them hiding down the bottom on my phone, getting ready for a whole new user experience :)