Confessions from the fuckwits

moorey

call me Mia
It's been a while.
Called old dual air, 20mm axle race revs out of retirement for current build. They had been set at 110mm so removed the spacers and they got an oil change.
Pumped them up, felt great, fitted them to the bike and had a bounce. Wtf, ramping up 30mm into stroke. Wondering if had farked something up and had lost negative air.
Checked pressures, all good.
Whats that? Oh, you've bumped the lockout dial on. Fuckwittery personified. :doh:

Nick Njegac

Likes Bikes
Speaking of forks, I'll pull one out from last year...
I just brought a used bike and while it wasn't a spesh, it came with the still amazing Specialized S90 for with the brain damper.
Setting up the suspension from scratch, I'm quite light, I've taken rebound all the way back to the slowest setting and then turned it back.
The rebound knob jammed up and I apparently trashed the damper through mucking about too much with rebound. $325 later, guess who's got a brand new damper?:frusty:

mitch_302

Likes Dirt
Got one.

Backed the Ute into the garage this morning so I could keep dry packing for a bit of a new years boys trip. Whilst packing couldn't help but admire/pet new hardtail frame I picked up from fellow burner Lindz last night. When I picked it up he mentioned headset was feeling a bit rough so pulled the bearings out to take a look. They felt a little crunchy so with the lower bearing in hand I thought to myself "do these just pull apart so you can re-grease them?" And since being careful is for chumps, I jumped straight to medium/high pressure to pull it apart. And with just a little warning 'crack' it exploded in a cloud of ball bearings in the messiest corner of the Garage.

I found a bunch but not nearly enough..... F#$%wit!

Mica

Likes Dirt
Done that a few times with the old loose ball setups. The problem I started to have was starting to find different sized ball bearings let alone not enough...

Thank god for sealed bearings.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
bleached my seat post...

So without going into too much detail, my Fizek saddle has been a bit smelly of late and enthusiastic use of the usual surfactants had proved ineffective at making it not smell like crotch...

So I figured screw it, time for the big guns - so I shoved it in a bucket of hot water and bleach for a few hours.

Ooops. The anodising did not appreciate this, and it now all chalky and comes off to the touch. Suppose I could just treat the whole post (sans seat) for an even effect... View attachment 305275

Attachments

Last edited:

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
So without going into too much detail, my Fizek saddle has been a bit smelly of late and enthusiastic use of the usual surfactants had proved ineffective at making it not smell like crotch...

So I figured screw it, time for the big guns - so I shoved it in a bucket of hot water and bleach for a few hours.

Ooops. The anodising did not appreciate this, and it now all chalky and comes off to the touch. Suppose I could just treat the whole post (sans seat) for an even effect... View attachment 305275
Are you a closet triathlete?

Haakon

All fair points...

Ahem. Not a seat sniffer - honest.

But it got to the point of being a bit whiffy without going too near it, and it just grossed me out... Porous vinyl or something, never had this with my WTB saddles.

moorey

call me Mia
All fair points...

Ahem. Not a seat sniffer - honest.

But it got to the point of being a bit whiffy without going too near it, and it just grossed me out... Porous vinyl or something, never had this with my WTB saddles.
Personally, I've heard Santorum can smell like that. Damn roadies. :rant:

Haakon

Had to look Santorum up - hilarious. Wonder if we can do that to tony Abbott?

Anyway, if you have a smelly seat - don't put it in bleach. Here endeth the lesson.

camzh

Likes Dirt
Bit of a classic:

Ordered stuff from CRC.
Checked email to see the order confirmation.
See email from CRC from 2 hours earlier with a discount code :frusty:

cammas

Seamstress
Ever think you are having one of those days?

Got home from work today decided to change out my rear tyre that was looking a little worn but due to the rim not being a proper tubeless rim I knew I was going to have some dramas as the only tyres I good get a good seat from was Maxxis Lust tyres but time for something different. Grabbed a Bonty XDX that had run previously with no great hassle on another rim, whacked it on the rim reasonably snug fit but wouldn't go up with the track pump, out to the back shed to crack out the compressor.

1st issue compressor has been leaking of late so I'll fix that first take off offending connection some white plumbers tape should fix it, next the electrical switch not switching off, I'll have crack at that pull it apart and notice the spring out place try to get back into place. Doesn't wanna play ball then it starts pissing down and I have an extension cord out, switch apart and I'm getting wet, quickly through it back together and try it mmm no power? Fuck it! its pissing rain and I'm playing with electricity I aint no fuckwit, shut it all down go inside for coffee.

Once rain clears pull compressor up on verandah take off cover I had knocked the mains wire out fuckwittery number 1 fix that, get spring back into proper place put back together. Fire it up and leak is twice as bad, check where connection actually threads in I actually broke it, fuckwittery number 2, remove offending connection all good now to get this tyre to seal. To help seat it and while the compressor is filling I whack in a tube seat it first then remove tube carefully from one side trying to put tyre back on without cracking seal on opposite side and as I'm struggling to get the tyre back on I notice the valve hole mmm fuckwittery number 3 carefully crack tyre back open put tubeless valve in ready to go.

Compressors running beautiful, wrestle with the hose connection and valve converter then pop it start's to seal yeah baby all sweet mmm lets whack a bit more air just to make sure it beads properly, perfect now just wait for the Mrs to go down the street and pick me up syringe to put sealant without cracking the bead, don't want to risk it mmm lets just make all the beads are sealed so I give the tyre the once over looking at the edges of the rim when suddenly bang things go fuzzy, ears start ringing.... the tyre blew off the rim while I was holding the tyre and smacked me straight in the face with the rim fuckwittery number 4, Mrs hadn't left yet comes running out and asks what happened when I explain it to her, she says "why don't you put a tube in" :frusty:

Last edited:

.dan.

Likes Dirt
suddenly bang things go fuzzy, ears start ringing.... the tyre blew off the rim while I was holding the tyre and smacked me straight in the face with the rim
You're lucky you hadn't put the sealant in there yet. This happened to me last year in my garage. Sealant all over the two cars and garage interior, and all over my face and clothes aswell. Although I was sealing a non tubeless tyre to a non tubeless rim, using the ghetto split BMX tube method. Fuckwit! Worked out fine in the end though.

slowmick

38-39"
Took the back wheel off to give the cassette a clean. Left it balanced on a pile of crap to go and answer the phone. came back to find the pile of crap has collapsed and the wheel is on the floor. cassette is off and there seems to be lots of bits that iassume came from inside the free hub strewn across the floor. Am now hoping that all that fell out was the two springs and the two gear looking things i found. it seems to make all the right noises and it freewheels but if i found all the bits it will be a miracle (I've never seen the inside of the free hub). At least it wasn't on the deck. then the bits would have disappeared through the boards for sure.:eek:hwell:

Z

Zaf

Well, I just learned a hard lesson from Snap Chat.

I don't even know where to start, so I'll try giving some context to my behaviour. I have a friend on my facebook that I keep around for comic relief; he's a body builder and has this habit of writing impressively amusing stupid shit on his wall. Anyway, a few days ago, he changed his profile picture to him in a massive black and white photo shoot, with a shirt stretched over his head in a really weird way. This sort of became a laughing point between me and a lady friend of mine in Melbourne who shares in the mocking.
So I get home from my ride, and I was snapchatting some photo's to her of my recent crash damage (Manly scars, grrrr), when I joke about having trouble with my shirt, and how I can outdo old mates sexy photo shoot with one of my own. She demands it has to be in black and white. So I decide to strip down, pose accordingly, pull a singlet awkwardly over my face and snap chat her this photo with a caption "These aren't my glasses" on it.

I'm not very savvy with Snap Chat, never really used it much, so I'm looking for instagram filters to make it black and white (couldn't find any, pressed a bunch of buttons looking for it). Send it on, we have a laugh. Life is pretty good.

Apparently there's this thing called a "Story". And apparently this fuckwit just posted a nude to it without fucking realising it, until two hours later I get a screenshotted MMS from Mint saying "Ha, also what the fuck is this". At which point I kind of fucking died.

So this picture stays there for about 24hours, in a panic I found (THANKFULLY) a way to delete it, and it doesn't look like many people saw it.
Long story short....don't post nudes, and I'm lucky I'm not a politician...I am a complete and utter fuckwit though.

John U

MTB Precision
Late midnight snack, just managed roll an open, almost full, Milo tin across the bench. I was trying to get a couple of specs of Milo out from around where the fucking lid should have been.

The clean up wasn't too bad but apart from what I could stomach the rest went into the bin. If the kids had've been up, that's a job they'd have loved helping out with. I've had my fill of Milo for a while.

Last edited:

sbr511

Likes Dirt
Well, I just learned a hard lesson from Snap Chat.

I don't even know where to start, so I'll try giving some context to my behaviour. I have a friend on my facebook that I keep around for comic relief; he's a body builder and has this habit of writing impressively amusing stupid shit on his wall. Anyway, a few days ago, he changed his profile picture to him in a massive black and white photo shoot, with a shirt stretched over his head in a really weird way. This sort of became a laughing point between me and a lady friend of mine in Melbourne who shares in the mocking.
So I get home from my ride, and I was snapchatting some photo's to her of my recent crash damage (Manly scars, grrrr), when I joke about having trouble with my shirt, and how I can outdo old mates sexy photo shoot with one of my own. She demands it has to be in black and white. So I decide to strip down, pose accordingly, pull a singlet awkwardly over my face and snap chat her this photo with a caption "These aren't my glasses" on it.

I'm not very savvy with Snap Chat, never really used it much, so I'm looking for instagram filters to make it black and white (couldn't find any, pressed a bunch of buttons looking for it). Send it on, we have a laugh. Life is pretty good.

Apparently there's this thing called a "Story". And apparently this fuckwit just posted a nude to it without fucking realising it, until two hours later I get a screenshotted MMS from Mint saying "Ha, also what the fuck is this". At which point I kind of fucking died.

So this picture stays there for about 24hours, in a panic I found (THANKFULLY) a way to delete it, and it doesn't look like many people saw it.
Long story short....don't post nudes, and I'm lucky I'm not a politician...I am a complete and utter fuckwit though.
Have done a similar thing, tried sending something, slightly intoxicated at a party, posted to everyone on my snapchat not just my other half.

People were impressed, not at my junk but at my stupidity :pound:

crash3

Likes Dirt
Late midnight snack, just managed roll an open, almost full, Milo tin across the bench. I was trying to get a couple of specs of Milo out from around where the fucking lid should have been.

The clean up wasn't too bad but apart from what I could stomach the rest went into the bin. If the kids had've been up, that's a job they'd have loved helping out with. I've had my fill of Milo for a while.
Ooooh, Milo.

So this is way off topic, as we're in general MTB discussion section, but stick with me, it is 110% percent worth it.

My frisbee coach (no, that's not the joke) partied a bit in uni, and had these three friends who lived together, and were always up for anything. The house they lived in had a fourth bedroom, and they usually had an international student in there to lower costs.

One particular int. student, from somewhere in europe, really embraced their wild partying lifestyle. He got in on all the nude runs, all that crap. Never really said no to whatever idea what presented to him. So the three guys decided they'd see if he'd like to play their favorite household game - Hide the poo. They were skeptical as to weather he'd be keen, but he gave a tentative yes.

So they all go off and find a spot in the house to hide what they need to hide. After 10 min, they all meet in the lounge room. Then, the hunt starts. After about 30 min, 3 turds have been found, and the 3 aussie guys confirm they are responsible for one each. After another 30 min, there's no sign of the european's fecal matter. "Ok, show us where you put it" the aussies say. "No, that's not how you explained the rules to me" reply the euro. So the search continues, for another hour, until the aussies decide the euro chickened out, and didn't deliver on the promised poo, though he assures them he left one in a brilliant spot.

Months go by, and the subject comes up once or twice, but he assures them it's in the house somewhere, they'll find it if they think hard enough.

After the euro moves out (but thankfully before another int. student moves in), the three guys are at home chilling for the day. One of the guys is watching tv, and decides to get a drink. Out comes the milo tin, 1/3 full, and he shoves the spoon in for a scoop. He hits something soft, yet firm. Confused, he tips out the tin, and there, coiled at the bottom caked in malty goodness, is the european's turd.

I have been assured that story is true, but even if it's not, definitely worth my time.