Confessions from the fuckwits

ausdb

Being who he is
Yep, will get it checked tomorrow when they're quoting on the front repairs. Gotta wait for the insurer to track down the tow drivers details before I can get it done, otherwise I risk copping the excess.
Was it a signwritten truck like the dodgy ass "Cameltow" ones that hang around Orrong road / Leach highway or one of those stealthy black ones that seem to be popular now.

Last edited:

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Was it a signwritten truck like the dodgy ass "Cameltow" ones that hang around Orrong road / Leach highway or one of those stealthy black ones that seem seem be popular now.
It was from a company, not a solo operator. Not sure how big a company is.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
None of that should worry you too much, it's the insurer's problem. But maybe don't park on the street for a few days. Did you snap a photo of the truck driver? Witnesses? They'll squirm...

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
None of that should worry you too much, it's the insurer's problem. But maybe don't park on the street for a few days. Did you snap a photo of the truck driver? Witnesses? They'll squirm...
Have a witness and photo of driver. Insurer reckons I cop the excess unless a driver is identified, not sure if that is right but wouldn't have thought it'd be an issue with it being a company vehicle.

Can't imagine the tow company making a thing of it with the states biggest insurer and road side assist provider.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Yep, will get it checked tomorrow when they're quoting on the front repairs. Gotta wait for the insurer to track down the tow drivers details before I can get it done, otherwise I risk copping the excess.
Most states have laws that if you're in a collision it's an offence not to provide your name and address to the other driver / owner if there's property damaged.

Ring the tow company, tell them you're going to the cops if they don't cough up the ID of the driver. They should play nice after that...

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I line my tyre logos up with the rim logos otherwise I have logos all over the place....is this acceptable or do I need to remove the tyre and line up with tyre valve?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Most states have laws that if you're in a collision it's an offence not to provide your name and address to the other driver / owner if there's property damaged.

Ring the tow company, tell them you're going to the cops if they don't cough up the ID of the driver. They should play nice after that...
Definitely law - up to $1500 fine and 12month suspension. If the cops bother investigating. Was deliberately rammed on the freeway at 100kmh about 15 years ago and they never did anything about that one even with the licence plate.

I've reported to cops and made an insurance claim.

moorey

call me Mia
I line my tyre logos up with the rim logos otherwise I have logos all over the place....is this acceptable or do I need to remove the tyre and line up with tyre valve?
Remove. Refit backwards. Swear. Refit skew wif. Have a beer.