Confessions from the fuckwits

stirk

Burner
It's the way it rains that's the problem, 1hr of full torrential rain like someone poured a 10L bucket of water over your head and then the sun comes out for an hour and then repeat 3 times a day on average.
Haha and when it stops raining and the sun comes out you wish it will start raining again,!

hambonanas

Want to know what I had for breakfast? I tell you!
The whole point of a sauna is you can leave... I have been given directions to build a sauna in Hobart (what could possibly go wrong...?), but sure as hell not moving to the tropics!
Fair enough, but it's only for a few months, the rest of the time it's sublime.

It's hot outside at the moment but I have air conditioning and a pool so I don't care.

Also, the 10 minute ride to the trails is also a bonus!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Fair enough, but it's only for a few months, the rest of the time it's sublime.

It's hot outside at the moment but I have air conditioning and a pool so I don't care.

Also, the 10 minute ride to the trails is also a bonus!
"only a few months" huh? A few minutes is shit... Screw that...

I am looking forward to the trails being a 10 minute ride away though - just unlike Smithy (or is it Bunningyong?) Mount Wellington not a sweat fest...

hambonanas

"only a few months" huh? A few minutes is shit... Screw that...

I am looking forward to the trails being a 10 minute ride away though - just unlike Smithy (or is it Bunningyong?) Mount Wellington not a sweat fest...
I'd rather be in the pool than freezing my tits off. Also you don't really feel the heat when you're moving on the trails!

Yeah it's Smithfield - I live a couple of suburbs away so it's just a 10 minute ride, a perfect warm up!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I'd rather be in the pool than freezing my tits off. Also you don't really feel the heat when you're moving on the trails!

Yeah it's Smithfield - I live a couple of suburbs away so it's just a 10 minute ride, a perfect warm up!
Cold weather is so much better - much easier to get warm than get cool in the tropics... We had hail here on the weekend! So nice.

But this is probably the thread I'll be discussing sauna construction efforts at some later date. Stay tuned.

hambonanas

Cold weather is so much better - much easier to get warm than get cool in the tropics... We had hail here on the weekend! So nice.

But this is probably the thread I'll be discussing sauna construction efforts at some later date. Stay tuned.
I can do hot or cold climates, just takes a little bit of time to acclimatise. Looking forward to your sauna efforts!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Confessing on behalf of the dude I just bought a cheap(ish) XTC off..

Motherfucker had used that shitty clear woven filament tape instead of tubeless tape on the wheels. It's definitely not airtight. Solution? More sealant. Front rim (not rim bed... RIM) is full of clagged up sealant, residue around all the spoke nipples where it's been leaking.. basically has turned the whole rim into a tubeless reservoir. all the spoke holes in the rim bed are blocked with a plug of nasty sealant under the tape that won't fucking come off because it's that woven filament shit. Srsly. Fuck that guy. Gave up and stuck a tube in, going to be new wheel day asap I reckon.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Confessing on behalf of the dude I just bought a cheap(ish) XTC off..

Motherfucker had used that shitty clear woven filament tape instead of tubeless tape on the wheels. It's definitely not airtight. Solution? More sealant. Front rim (not rim bed... RIM) is full of clagged up sealant, residue around all the spoke nipples where it's been leaking.. basically has turned the whole rim into a tubeless reservoir. all the spoke holes in the rim bed are blocked with a plug of nasty sealant under the tape that won't fucking come off because it's that woven filament shit. Srsly. Fuck that guy. Gave up and stuck a tube in, going to be new wheel day asap I reckon.
What does dissolve dried latex sealant? Probably nasty shit that eats alloy rims I guess.