Confessions from the fuckwits

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
So I must’ve f-ed up rebuilding my shock. Squished an oring during assembly, and found many small remnants of it throughout the shock as I pulled it apart again last night.

There should be one here.

Also… the things you have to do with kids in the house… ugh. Please don’t touch any of these tiny parts that I probably won’t be able to replace.

In other news, gave me a chance to measure both shim stacks and move some shit around. (Placeholder for future cotfw post).

crash3

Likes Dirt
After my 180->203mm rotor upgrade (during which I ordered 6-bolt rotors when I needed centrelocks, so had to get those adapters too) my shifting went haywire. Re-set limits, re-tension cable, barrell adjuster all the way in, out. Inconsitant as hell won't reach smallest gear. Whatever, it rides, I'm doing the great cycle challenge so have to get some K's on the board.

After my second ride, I double check axles and wow is the rear one loose. Tighten her up, and she shifts like a dream!

Fuckwit.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So I must’ve f-ed up rebuilding my shock. Squished an oring during assembly, and found many small remnants of it throughout the shock as I pulled it apart again last night.

There should be one here.

Also… the things you have to do with kids in the house… ugh. Please don’t touch any of these tiny parts that I probably won’t be able to replace.

In other news, gave me a chance to measure both shim stacks and move some shit around. (Placeholder for future cotfw post).
The true genius move is not to move parts, or take something but to add an additional part like a ball bearing, grub screw, small washer or small sprin etc.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The true genius move is not to move parts, or take something but to add an additional part like a ball bearing, grub screw, small washer or small sprin etc.
What about replacing a screw with one the same size but a different pitch thread?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

dirtdad

That’s evil! Luckily I’ve had this particular one open a few times, and its parts count is low.

In other news, anyone know a good online oring supplier? I may try out local seals shop down the road, but no idea when I’ll have time to get there while they’re open.

dirtdad

Is DO NOT TOUCH the kid equivalent of WET PAINT?
Oh jeez. Let’s hope not.

I’m half expecting to come home and find the tray on the floor and the parts flung every which way across the garage.

In fact, if I wanted a new shock, this would be a totally believable scenario to play out. Would only cost me an hour of “searching the floor” before I gave up and HAD to find a replacement.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Building up a new frame today, the bottle cage mounts are low on the DT which kinks to the BB. Trying to mount my bottle cage and no matter what I do it’s fouling on either the kinked DT or the ST. Eventually give up, go and spend 20 min looking for a good side mount cage with mounting slots low enough down to give the space I need, order it and pay express post. An hour later I’m back out in the shed fiddling around and think I’ll have another go. Fits fine. Turns out I was trying to mount it upside down the first time.

RastaRuss

Likes Dirt
Got back to my Ute to find a set of Santa Cruz carbon wheels leaning against it ?
The owner tracked me down from the Co. signage before I posted the findings on the trail forum , one happy camper.
I told him my address & said no problem, but he insisted on a reward.
Told him I like a beer.
He turns up with a 6 pack of XXXX Light, hot.
Gave him his wheels & the 6 pack back.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Got back to my Ute to find a set of Santa Cruz carbon wheels leaning against it ?
The owner tracked me down from the Co. signage before I posted the findings on the trail forum , one happy camper.
I told him my address & said no problem, but he insisted on a reward.
Told him I like a beer.
He turns up with a 6 pack of XXXX Light, hot.
Gave him his wheels & the 6 pack back.
He clearly has no idea what beer is. Try bourbon next time.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Is this thread just for bikes? Ah whatever.
I spent a good couple of hours turning a nice piece of 185x19 BlackButt into two 185x6 strips to laminate over some fixing holes. Take them over to the saw to cut them at the required 2490 to find that both are exactly 2400. I’ve picked up the wrong length of timber. Too short.
Sometimes you gotta laugh or you cry.
IMG_3578.jpeg