Coolendel Weekend

southcoast

Cannon Fodder
Latest track report after the rain

After driving home from Coolendel late last night after yesterdays heavy rain I can report that the road in to Coolendel had already dried out except for a couple of small puddles, and that this rain will not affect the track for the weekends racing.

This means track conditions should be great .

Current weather reports are very favorable. So all is looking good for a great weekend.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
After driving home from Coolendel late last night after yesterdays heavy rain I can report that the road in to Coolendel had already dried out except for a couple of small puddles, and that this rain will not affect the track for the weekends racing.

This means track conditions should be great .

Current weather reports are very favorable. So all is looking good for a great weekend.
Lookin forward to it, can soemone from SCUM tell me if the timing tent will be set up in the same place as last year?

southcoast

Cannon Fodder
Just call in at the Park Office on entry and after booking in they will give you the directions to the MTB race headquarters.

Which by the way is the same as last year.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Just call in at the Park Office on entry and after booking in they will give you the directions to the MTB race headquarters.

Which by the way is the same as last year.
Cool, thanks for that. So camping up near the amenities block I will be!

Has anyone seen or heard from the human cannonball "The Fully Loaded Man" ???

Might have been scared off by the 6 pack challenge (beer that is). He would definately win the stomach one pack comp.

Having lit up the track in 09. I hear the organisers were looking for a track roller/compactor. Are you coming "Fully Loaded Man"?

Unfortunatley cant make it. It conflicts with my heavy training schedule for the Hawaii Ironman (thats training the left arm to sink as many stubbies as I can whilst watching the ironman on tv). Spewing though, the coolendel wknd is one of the most enjoyable wknds of the year as far as mtb and family camping is concerned. And the costs r alot more reasonable than those other bigger, non-refundable events. Any one thinking about coming down the south coast for a totally enjoyable, relaxing family friendly weekend of mtb, do yourself a favour and checkout Coolendel this weekend!

Unfortunatley cant make it. It conflicts with my heavy training schedule for the Hawaii Ironman (thats training the left arm to sink as many stubbies as I can whilst watching the ironman on tv). Spewing though, the coolendel wknd is one of the most enjoyable wknds of the year as far as mtb and family camping is concerned. And the costs r alot more reasonable than those other bigger, non-refundable events. Any one thinking about coming down the south coast for a totally enjoyable, relaxing family friendly weekend of mtb, do yourself a favour and checkout Coolendel this weekend!
It looks like the wager has scared you of Mr Loaded. Not prepared to defend your title. There was talk of some HEAVY combo teams for the Sunday. Eg 2 riders Total >200kg.
I was hoping to hop on the scales and enter with you. Together we would be nearly unstopable (literally). Have you changed your mind yet? Are you too tight to buy the 6 pack when you loose? You could spend your Mogo money on the entry - Mogo money is like Monopoly Money - you spend heaps and get not much.
The Mogo 2010 (GST) Great Singletrack Tragedy valued @10%. Maybe they will acept Zimbabwe dollars in 2011:confused:

Come on Fully Loaded. Resign from work and accept the challenge.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Thanks Scum crew for another great weekend at Coolendel, great weather, great track, great friendly vibe, loved it and will definitely be back again. Good to see the wind stay away this year too. Doing the three races in two days is definitely a good workout, am feeling it this morning.
Best thing about this weekend is the boss is already lookin forward to next year and she doesn't even ride a bike.

My family also had a great weekend. The kids absolutely loved it. My wife was struggling to keep up with them for the 2 laps. Loved the relaxed environment. Track was in great shape. No stacks for me. I even survived the new bit.

Thanks to the timekeepers/rego crew. We really appreciate your time and efforts. My kids are already organising teams for 2011. Bring it on.

PS wasn't sure if fully loaded man turned up. Too many wombats roaming the camp for him to blend with

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
Bit of a grave dig here, but i figured you guys could help me out.

Going to Coolendel in a couple of weeks time, does anyone have any GPS data (Garmin etc) from the races there earlier in the year?

Failing that a map or just general description of where the track is?

From what ive read its largely a walking track too.. kind of worried me a bit, might be bad form to ride it.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Bit of a grave dig here, but i figured you guys could help me out.

Going to Coolendel in a couple of weeks time, does anyone have any GPS data (Garmin etc) from the races there earlier in the year?

Failing that a map or just general description of where the track is?

From what ive read its largely a walking track too.. kind of worried me a bit, might be bad form to ride it.
Don't have any data unfortunately, but if you follow the walking trails around the perimeter you can sniff out the single track plus there is a bit up near the entrance but you've gotta watch out for walkers and some of the actual circuit they set up runs through what would notmally be campsites. It's good for a muck around when its busy, just sniff around the walking tracks and don't go charging to hard and you'll have a bit of fun.
There's also some nice fire trails around the area that can be explored especially if you want a bit of hillwork.
Not much info I know but hope it helps.