COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Damn, that's me too.

Social isolation isn't the suffering it is made to be for me anyhow. The 1.5 km bit is something I need to ask my neighbours to work on.
Bit the same here. Well out of town and nearest neighbour is well over 300 metres away and too busy to be annoying.

Haven't really noticed the difference in day to day...apart from the home schooling. Which means not only that I haven't ridden for weeks but also still haven't had the opportunity to craft trails on our block...so it's double track only if I do get on the treadlie.

stirk

Burner
The grey area is fucking black as a moonless night. Leaving discretion up to individual cops is like a Huck to flat from a 29foot drop, something is gunna break. As I've said, the situation regarding an individuals activity and how they are being socially responsible is very circumstantial. The cops need to understand that but without firm and well understood rules I'm not surprised there is confusion and some unjustified fines are being handed out.

We are allowed to exercise but no rules about how far we can drive to do that. Without explicit rules you can't be fined in my view.

If I get pulled over for driving to a local trail 10km down the road and a cop tried to fine me I'll be very clear to ask where in the manual it states how far I can drive to get to my exercise destination. And I'll never pay a fine as the grounds for breaking a non existent rule don't exist.

I get that they are trying to contain the fuckwits like the townies still coming up the my area for weekend's away and the Easter exodus from the city that I'm sure will still run the gauntlet. I hope anyone leaving their local area caught 100's of km away from home gets a slap. Locals staying local all good.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Gotta say I reckon the wash of a lot of these fines will be that if you ticked the “go to court” box on the back of the slip and sent it back the ambiguities will be such that driving to the trails (where trails are open I.e. not Youies) will fall under exercise and be permissible and you get off the ticket.

In the meantime though it’s easier and more effective to hand out fines that will have the effect of changing people’s behaviour than toothless warnings, or relying on the discretionary powers of individual police officers to determine what’s legitimate or not in individual cases.

http://www.gazette.vic.gov.au/gazette/Gazettes2020/GG2020S177.pdf
Everyone in Vic. should print this off, highlight the bit allowing leaving the house for exercise and make specific note of the absence of any condition probiting driving to a place of exercise & keep it in the glovebox to show to any overzealous and misinformed police. Travel to nearby venues of exercise is not illegal according to that official release.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I click my tongue at a bird near here each night as I rode past it. It's not a lyre bird, but I swear one night it clicked at me!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Today I got blocked by a long time US acquaintance on Facebook. They posted something about Covid 19 being hoax & legitimately believe this to be the case. I asked a legitimate question about why they believed it.... merica, it’s In for a whole world of hurt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Today I got blocked by a long time US acquaintance on Facebook. They posted something about Covid 19 being hoax & legitimately believe this to be the case. I asked a legitimate question about why they believed it.... merica, it’s In for a whole world of hurt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Travelling there as an eight-y.o. kid (more years ago than I care to remember) I perceived the Americans to be incredibly stupid at times, and they've only got worse.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm guessing excellent social isolator and still does make-up... am I right?
Did you peer through my window recently? Last week I got all dressed up for a few cocktails. Some new party shoes had arrived and I had a summer shirt I'd not gotten around to wearing over summer. One thing lead to another and why not???

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Did you peer through my window recently? Last week I got all dressed up for a few cocktails. Some new party shoes had arrived and I had a summer shirt I'd not gotten around to wearing over summer. One thing lead to another and why not???
Recently? How about you give us a wave handsome.

P.S. That colour really brings out your eyes.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My working from home is so productive I am teaching myself "Message to Harry Manback" on the piano.

Never played piano before, it's a slow process.
seen piano sales are up something silly like 250%
Most conspiracies can make sense if you squint hard enough, preferably after several stiff drinks. im struggling to see how people could seriously believe 5g phone towers are causing this.