COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

indica

Serial flasher
The Courier-Mail reports five prison officers in Queensland have tested positive for the virus, and a whopping 78 staff are now isolating as a precaution.
Thankfully, only one of those infected officers is believed to have attended a workplace while contagious. No prisoners have tested positive.
The paper also says Arthur Gorrie prison remains in lockdown, with prisoners staging a rooftop protest over its strict coronavirus rules. They're upset because visits from family and friends have been banned.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
The grey area is fucking black as a moonless night. Leaving discretion up to individual cops is like a Huck to flat from a 29foot drop, something is gunna break. As I've said, the situation regarding an individuals activity and how they are being socially responsible is very circumstantial. The cops need to understand that but without firm and well understood rules I'm not surprised there is confusion and some unjustified fines are being handed out.

We are allowed to exercise but no rules about how far we can drive to do that. Without explicit rules you can't be fined in my view.

If I get pulled over for driving to a local trail 10km down the road and a cop tried to fine me I'll be very clear to ask where in the manual it states how far I can drive to get to my exercise destination. And I'll never pay a fine as the grounds for breaking a non existent rule don't exist.

I get that they are trying to contain the fuckwits like the townies still coming up the my area for weekend's away and the Easter exodus from the city that I'm sure will still run the gauntlet. I hope anyone leaving their local area caught 100's of km away from home gets a slap. Locals staying local all good.
Agree its policy on the run with no proper legislation or oversight . Its not defined how far you can drive for exercise..
We drive sometimes about 10 kms to ride .
Police are probably really bored , crime will be down , I am sure it makes their day to fine someone.
They risk the right whinge media trying to push for an easing with these fuckups.
They love the fallacy of picking an individual case and then generalizing from that.
we shouldnt ease off just as things are coming under control.
The govt needs to be sensible if we are going for 3-6 months of this.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Just noticed a post on a FB group where Qld police left a note on a car at some trails telling them that they had driven “too far” to exercise, with an official warning reference number as well. Guessing if the same vehicle is found too far from home again a fine will be forthcoming. Seems like a sensible approach from police here at least.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...e-trail-then-withdraw-it-20200407-p54hye.html

The police officer thought that the only reason you could leave your house was for work. They were wrong. The fine has been withdrawn.

Meanwhile, you can drive over an hour to get to your beach house, where you will want to go to the shops to buy goods thus touching surfaces, coming into contact with people outside of your local area. Is going to your holiday house really essential? Why should we allow people to travel hours to get to a beach house.....only spreading the virus further?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Amid confusion over what is allowed in Victoria’s stage three restrictions, the state’s chief health officer Dr Brett Sutton on Monday wrote on Twitter: “Yes, you can drive directly to a place of exercise if there’s nothing adjacent to your home.”
In clarifying the situation, more confusion!

Who gets to decide if there's anything adjacent to your home? A MTB will work on a paved surface, is that something adjacent to your home?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Recently? How about you give us a wave handsome.

P.S. That colour really brings out your eyes.
Thanks for noticing.

seen piano sales are up something silly like 250%

Most conspiracies can make sense if you squint hard enough, preferably after several stiff drinks. im struggling to see how people could seriously believe 5g phone towers are causing this.
That's only because you haven't aligned your body's frequency with the truth frequency. That sit has been going on for a long time .

I saw on the ABC site yesterday that animal to human and human to animal transmission is looking unlikely. Seemed to be more about can my pets catch it? But pretty sure that will fuel the lab made nutters.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Also the fact that if large MTB parks are closed and it's known a few less populated small ones are open they'd then be flooded with people. So it's not an easy situation for anyone to manage and it's changing daily.
I think the response was a bit heavy handed. They would have done better to manage the volume rather than shut it down and force everyone else simply to a smaller place.

Lysterfield apparently was gangbusters. A simply solution might be to review the parking requirements and mayb block half the car park or every second spot etc.

moorey

call me Mia
I think the response was a bit heavy handed. They would have done better to manage the volume rather than shut it down and force everyone else simply to a smaller place.

Lysterfield apparently was gangbusters. A simply solution might be to review the parking requirements and mayb block half the car park or every second spot etc.
Because people are good at respecting parking protocols, and wouldn’t block up nearby residential areas for miles.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I live at the base of the Dandenongs (Melbourne) and have noticed the area is carrying plenty of extra traffic.
I'm all for people exercising and getting outdoors, but when every muppet and their dog from the city comes out here 'to exercise', I think they are missing the point.
If people chose to live in the inner suburbs, that's on them. They chose that life because it's more convenient to them, except now, when it's not.

If anyone has had a look at @stravawankers on twitter, people all over Europe and the US are exercising to the extreme, within the confines of their apartment buildings, backyard, court bowl, driveway etc. This is not an exercise related thing, it's people not liking being told where and when they can do something.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If people chose to live in the inner suburbs, that's on them. They chose that life because it's more convenient to them, except now, when it's not.
It's the reverse here, but the same idea I think. The outer suburbs are horrible boring wastelands that don't generally go anywhere nice. If you are walking or cycling or running for exercise, why do you need to drive all they to the beach/harbour to do so? A lot of people not liking their own neighbourhood s all of a sudden. Also a lot of people that don't like they have exercised for a long time getting out, which is hopefully a lifestyle change moving forward.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Because people are good at respecting parking protocols, and wouldn’t block up nearby residential areas for miles.
On this topic, check this out.

They close the parking at Wattamolla. People - entire families! - park at the turnoff and walk down.

They close the carpark because Wattamolla is crowded & full.

People still want to go there.

I pity a small child being dragged down there by mum & dad.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
You're not local so I'll run you down on how it works in Vic. We run a nanny state down south with a system based on fine revenue. Let them come with restricted parking, then fine the buggery out of them when they start piling cars all over the place. Win win.